Author Topic: Bury Sports Fair 29th March  (Read 11675 times)

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
Bury Sports Fair 29th March
« on: March 09, 2009, 11:09:11 AM »
Hay guys a few of you know that the manager of the Bury GYM wants us to do a sports day thing to show what we can do it is not a paid gig but its still good to let people know about the sport I have uploaded the letter i got in the post this morning and i hope loads of us can make it down I know its a Sunday but surly people from Norwich can get some way of getting down and if any one els wants to come a join us it will be good for people to see that there are other Bocking groups around so if Naz you can send me some cards and maybe a banner or 2 and other promo stuff that would be grand I will PM you my address if you need it

Thanks people hope you all can make it

Greggles

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Bury Sports Fair 29th March
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 11:21:50 AM »
It's a shame it is a sunday tbh...Getting a train will not really be possible. It takes about 2/2.30 on a good sat. on a sunday I cant really do it. The problem is not getting back to Norwich. But getting home from there. the trains are not very frequent at all. I will look into trains and other ways but I can't fully commit to it.

It looks like a good event but I am not sure as a group we are ready for it. If we are letting people on bocks do we need some kind of insurance? Forms? And something we really lack is safety breifings and stuff. I might be wrong...but I really think we need to sort ourselves out as a group sharpish...

At the gym it seemed like we were doing them a favor..now they are doing us one ???

:spudT:

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 11:51:21 AM »
Hey spud,
dont quote me on this but as far as im aware they r gonna do us a free/discounted gym session or summit like that in return, but i would just like to go down and have a bit of fun even if we dont get much out of it we might get some extra bockers =]
hope you can come down, if not come down sat night and im sure i can arrange for ppl to stay at my house or gregs =]
Much Love

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 12:03:58 PM »
ill have a word with my mum, she may be able to take people from norwich if she is avaliable, but i will have to see.

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 12:07:02 PM »
get your mum to come bock to =]
my dad did at CB now he keeps saying its not that hard...i will get him on them again tho!! lol
and my bro was too smart of stilts (hes in 6th form and going to a motor sport collage) and was like im doing it im doing it then fell on his face xD
Loveage

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 12:15:21 PM »
get your mum to come bock to =]
one problem with that.... my mum only has one leg! lol

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 12:18:35 PM »
I was waiting for that :D

I think it is a good idea :) I will look into how I can get there :)

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 12:22:20 PM »
well i just text my mum and asked if she can take me and some others so if she says yes we can take you spud.

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 12:50:13 PM »
I'd be willing to do this, i should be able to get here even if  tim doesnt come and give me a lift, i think i can afford the train

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 01:05:46 PM »
I'm game then :)

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 01:09:06 PM »
ill see if i can make it along to thins one, and maybe a few other ibz's

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 01:09:26 PM »
right, mum says that it will probably be alright but she not 100% sure yet, but she will probably want whoever we giving a lift to at mine so we can leave stright from there. but people can stay the saturday night at mine.

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 09:32:41 PM »
well im there im sure jack and alex will (not DK!?!??

only iof the weatherts ok and the grass is nice!

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 09:41:53 AM »
im sure if the wether is not so gd then we can steel the gym coz there will be things going on in the squash corts the main hall and the athletics track and as for insurance im not to sure atm i will ring Richard and ask about it and as hannah sed im sure my rents will let ppl have floor space on sat if they need to coz i can be like muuuuuum u know i dident do enythig for my birthday can i have a bbq and a load of ppl to stay and she will b like yer i spose thats ok :Pand as for your mum Sarah 1 stilt blates :P lol

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 09:56:42 AM »
woop i shotgun gregs bed =]
i will be at gregs anyway cos i always am :P
so whos comming....other than DK cos hes not allowed
in spud style

The LIST!! -

Greggles
Mini Ellis
Spud ?
Sarah?
Toddy?
Hilly ?
Carl (and his Giraffe)
Alex ?
Jack ?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 10:18:04 AM »
HELL YEAH! LISTS FTW!  :spudT:

As for staying over places on the sat...it's not all that helpful. Getting home is the real issue if I catch the train and not go with sarah's mum altho, that actually leave me ina similar situation because I would still need to catch a bus and a train. My trains are not very frequent on a sunday and I think sarahs busses stop all together. So strangely, it might be better if I get a train..so at least I dont have to worry about getting from sarah's to the train station...

....and thats where the kebab shops are :D Kebab and a pizza for £6 FTW :D can never eat that much tho so take it home for the dog :D

If you could check with them about the insurance that would be great greggles..thankies :)

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 10:43:49 AM »
and if need be i may be able to bring loads of spair bocks (if i get them, )

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 02:33:42 PM »
mum cant take anyone no more. but i will be there ill just get the train and then walk home from norwich lol so i will be there

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 02:54:47 PM »
I cant really walk 11 miles..with bocks, at night, along the A47. So I will have to see...

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »
you dont walk you bock it :Ctongue:

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 12:03:39 PM »
I need 2 check sunday trains, but i may end up needing a night or two with a place 2 stay, i think im on hols by then so it shud be alright 4 me i think... :Cnah:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 12:47:16 PM »
if u guys want to stay on Sunday im sure i can get some of u to stay at mine

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 01:13:37 PM »
you could borrow the roll mat thats in gregs garden from when, hily, tim(who does in fact know THAT sound anywhere), carl, me, greg and ed stayed over lol
anyhoos
or how much would a taxi cost?
Love

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 02:22:12 PM »
Guys i think that as this is an EA event as such and NOT A MEET i feel that bockers who are not an EA shouldnt be goin. Although we are'nt being paid we are doing it a favour towards the sports centre therefore keeping them and us on good terms, which could be considered payment, and lead to many more good oppurtunities, therefore i feel this sports fair is a chance for us EA's to promote US EA's. After a chat with a few other EA's we did strongly feel that this is an open window that we shouldn't miss out on.

I also feel Hannah shouldnt have gone ahead and made a list without first consulting me and Spud, this has lead to the the possibilites that NON EA's can attend, this is not the case however.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 02:47:05 PM »
Me and carl talked about this yesterday and he made a really good point. This one should be for EAs only :) I'm not sure the EAs are totally ready for this stuff but lets go for it. Nothing to lose :)

There is still a lot of other stuff to be done. This is deffo a positive step in the right direction tho. We still need to sort out a club and PLI. If we are going to be doing a lot more stuff like this and get more gigs it's gonna become critical..woop

Anyhoo..We are the EAs. We are pretty random and chilled out and that will always be the same..but we are now actually taking some pride in the group we have. And I think we want to make something of it. Stand on our own 2 bocks and do it. We want to have a shot at doing some stuff for ourselves.

I am not sure if I am explaining it to well. But we need to do our thing. It's a proper event. Could be very positive and we just want it to be about us and for us. So basically. This is not an open event. We have a gym meet booked for previous week that people are welcome to come along to.

Hannah is ok. She didn't know. We have never done anything like this before so it's all totally new and we are all learning the whole time :) I think we need to have a quick chat about this kinda stuff sometime and work out whats what. Its hard when we are all so far apart but we can make the EAs really happen. And with all this positive stuff it's the right time too :)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:55:27 PM by Spud »