Author Topic: How long did it take till your first fall?  (Read 31868 times)

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
Re: How long did it take till your first fall?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 09:42:08 PM »
just a random question then - how many people here do archery? as i do too...

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 09:55:42 PM »
i dont "do" archery as in like a club but i can fire a long bow a short bow and a cross bow ive also made a crossbow out of elastic and newspaper (ALOT OF NEWSPAPER) managed to get my own home made bamboo wif a nail on it straight threw my garage XD

mum was so happy  :Crolleyes:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 10:01:04 PM »
Hex does it :)

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2009, 10:01:29 PM »
did archery years ago, took it up again with the uni this year, but probably dropping it next year, not worth what i;m paying once you factor in dodgy shoulder/wrist giving me time off, even the coach recommends that i shouldn't do it, unless i get all my joints pinned together properly first XD

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2009, 10:37:40 PM »
cool.... i use a recurve bow usually, but also sometimes use a compound bow... just for a bit of a change...

i also have a pistol cross-bow, which i nearly show myself in the foot with  :Ctwitcy: Nearly.

Offline choco bean

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »
I'm recurve. And I'm quite good! 30th in the Ladies Section in Junior National Rankings!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Offline Stewart

• Commonly shows signs of an over active imagination
    • West Yorkshire Bockers
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 06:43:20 PM »
:D I do archery aswell, recurve.

Me and choco bean are in the same club

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 10:50:23 PM »
I'm best out of the people where i live, but have never been in any regional/national competitions...

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009, 11:11:15 PM »
Long time since I have had the bows out must make the effort this summer

I used to do Field with the Company of Sixty and crossbows with The Knights of ST George

Make my own long and recurve bows and do my own fletching (even made the quiver I use  :Claugh:)

What sort of poundage do you use Kaz I go up to 65lb normally but used to use a 90lb longbow (had to double the targets up to stop that one  :Cbiggrin:)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2009, 07:10:16 PM »
only use kinda tiny poundage jason! :P

20-30lb recurves, and 40lb compound, although i could use more, i've just never had the opportunity to use stronger bows, as none are ever hanging around, and i dont own any :P

I used to make my own (VERY VERY SIMPLE) bows, which is what got me started. I also made and fletched(badly) my own arrows, but gave up, as the stuff i buy works so much, much, much better xD

i dont see why i shouldnt be able to use a 60lb bow.... once at least :P after all, if i can pull my body weight up with one arm, a little more than double that, i should be able to draw a 60lb bow.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 10:35:58 PM »
I found that the 90lb was very acurate over long distances but had to rest after about 8-10 shots whereas the 65 was nice to shoot all day long

Also made a recurve that worked out a bit light think it is 45-50 but really nice to shoot and a north american indian flat bow but I made it longer to fit me

You can't beet fletching your own wooden arrows they are much more acurate if you get it right

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Tracker

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 02:56:51 PM »
Had my stilts for5 days now and have fallen over three times. Twice i slipped on wet gress and once lost my balance trying a two foot jump. It that trying too hard or am I just accident prone. Both the grass falls I scaved without injury but got a little bruise on my elbow on the two foot jump one.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 03:05:23 PM »
grass=slippy, concrete=painful, pads=your friends  :Claugh:

Offline bockster

• born 2 bounce lol
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2009, 07:53:59 PM »
Anyway, comparing it to parkour, it's still not advisable to fall over. most of the time spent on the floor doing parkour is intentional.

Although, i wouldnt like to compare it to skateboarding, as i wouldnt be on the board for more than 10 seconds xD

lol, i got bored 2day and went on my skateboard.. had a go at ollieing for like 2 hours... lol, i fell off like 5 times cause it kept sliding as i landed :D getting better though.. and in tht 2 hours i got better than i had the previous week put together cause i was being too cautious...
my sig :D

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2009, 09:31:01 PM »
grass=slippy, concrete=painful, pads=your friends  :Claugh:

however cool scars = win

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2009, 09:37:19 PM »
first day i had them.. twice

first time one bock got caught behind the other, secong i was running and didnt stop.. untill i hit then floor

WIN

Offline lynch

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2009, 09:26:45 AM »
my first fall was all day for the first 4 day i started to go on stilts this is because they was my m8 stilts and i was not allowed to walk till i could get up from the floor unaided i though he was been mean then but really helped now that i look back   

Offline Roperip

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2009, 07:04:08 PM »
i fell really quickly, i got on walked about and thought i can do this so i let go of my mate went two steps and fell, but i was ok and just got back up again

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »
i've had mine for about a year but not used them much && fell over for the first time saterday trying to go up some steps =] twasnt tht bad really i fink i was more scared of falling thn i shuda bin so aint all tht bothered any more XD

my mate had a go on mine tho && didnt even take a step he just stood up && fell flat on his face! tht was some awesome bocking xD

Offline panik33

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2009, 10:28:47 PM »
id say about 20 minuets after i put em on
smashed up my knee i couldent bock 4 like 3 weeks after i was realy p**sed off
IMA FIREIN MA LAZOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline brett haley

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »
3rd day i had em and almost got my head flattened by a car !

Offline wickerman123

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 10:41:54 PM »
my first fall was the other day, it resulted in a broken leg :(  ive had bocks since christmas

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 10:55:05 PM »
Mine was in the middle of local town and ended up me getting banned from Bocking there :(
But i did kinda almost fall on an old lady,

Offline wickerman123

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2009, 09:45:53 PM »
well, it took me 6 months before i actually fell over, well i sorta slid down a pole once after attempting to do a trick, and ive had numerous stumbles. anyway my first fall was about 6-8 months after i got em as a christmas present. i was walking back from the shop with my friend, and he said, " can you jump yet?" and i was like " f**k yeah, just mastered doing a running jump!" so i got my self ready, ran, jump, but when i landed i was leaning quite far backwards and i got a shock up my leg, and the rebound was quite painful, i then stumbled on the second rebound and tried to stand up straight, but i just couldnt, i fell backwards onto the road. my friend ran over and said " that was awesome! are u alrite!?" i said, i think so il be up in a minute. after turning round and the floor a bit i just couldnt lift my left leg, i went to touch it and there was a lump on it, so i said "bugger ive dislocated my knee!"  turns out it was broken..... i think it was cos i was wearing skater kneepads  :Cerr: go to my thread for more info http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3732.0

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2009, 09:54:57 PM »
must have been between 2-4  6th Dec 2006.  1s t time outdoors. Got stilts on 1st dec but weather un work ment only did a few sets up and down my hallway.

Well had just met my 1st fellow bocker ( been v lucky have had company almost all the time since), 'tundraH'. But stilts on and almost str8 away fell over. Crawled to some railings ( we were v publicly on Bournemouth sea front) to pull myself up.

Then did a 3 mile walk, aching back and a blister to show 4 it...but soz  im still here