Author Topic: First try on calf cuffs - nightmare  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
First try on calf cuffs - nightmare
« on: March 16, 2009, 12:33:24 PM »
Attempted to bock to Uni today and within less than half a mile I realised big problem with right leg, which I first thought was just a too-loose calf cuff.  Sat down and realised I couldn't pull the strap any tighter due to my bloody skinny legs and the stiffness of the cuffs - it just wouldn't pull in any more!

Got a passing guy to pull it tight and tried to carry on and it was just as bad.  My right bock kelt making my leg "bow" outwards and the bock was twisting to the outside, making it impossible to walk.  Had to de-bock and walk to Uni carrying them, which stretched my arms by about 2".

I think my legs are too skinny hence can't tighten them very much, but my right leg felt fine.  At Lincoln gym meet Hex said my footplate was out of alignment but I can't really tell and I'd now know how to adjust it anyways!  ARGH!!
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
Re: First try on calf cuffs - nightmare
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:08:06 PM »
Just rechecked the right bock and the inner strut had slipped and moved, hence not gripping properly - DOH!  I have the allan key with me so will tighten and try to walk home on them :D:D:D:D
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:51:22 PM »
You do have to crank the bolts down on the brackets with cuffs Gixter but once you get them right they are unbeatable

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:59:30 PM »
Rache, the cuffs are a pain to set up but are awesome when it's done. If you want a hand setting them up and sorting the adjustment of your bocks sometime let me know and I can probs help :)

Jason taught me this bit...when you do the strap up, if you wiggle and pull the strap up and down as you do it they go really tight ;) I had loads of probs with cuffs initally. and its all good now :)

:spudT:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 11:10:01 PM »
isnt this the problem that PH fixed on his cuffs?

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 11:18:09 PM »
No Aidan even Pins Cuffs would suffer from the sliping bracket problem if they were fitted with the week plastic brackets

And the problem tightening them isn't so much a problem as knowing how to do it (A bit like bocking as a whole  :Claugh:)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: