Author Topic: Calf Cuff set up problem  (Read 14376 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Pro-Jump Calf Cuff Walkthrough
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 07:08:28 PM »
The link you showed me above is for a pair of PoweriSer stilts

The poweriser logo is as follows:

The link below shows a poweriZer logo

The reason why we are asking these questions is even though they look similar they are different products and brands altogether, if you got sent poweriZer's then the person who sold them to you, sold you a different brand and not what they were advertising.

PoweriZers and Pro-Jumps are manufactured by the same company that is why I said if it’s a current version you shouldn't be having problems, however if you have poweriSer (like the ebay link) then the bracket may be different to what we sell and hence the reason why you are having problems.

...and no I didnt just look at the title and not look at the pictures ;) I asked you for a picture of your jumping stilts because often like in the eBay link you shared above,  sellers use stock images rather than actual product images so causes further confusion

edit: Just seen your post chocl8, I would recommend using our cuffs with our stilts (or any FL stilts that are the same version) as thats the only combo we have throughly tested. I would say with any other combo, yes defo go with metal brackets but sadly its not something we sell at the moment, and for that reason, someone has already recommended trip and I have mentioned poweriSer / Skatehut
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:12:39 PM by webmaster »

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Re: Calf Cuff set up problem
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 08:04:32 PM »
lame duck you may be old but using the quote "ur not a teenager" and then stating us teenagers forget easily is ageist and as this is a public forum dont think you should post it up only teengagers get s***ged off by the media and by old people such as urself.

everyone on this forum is here to help when u start saying that we are inadiquent then ur help will be restricted as people will start disliking you.

as naz points out you have bought powersiers that have a diffrent plastic braket to projump and powerizer.

please listen to the help people are giving. :)

(yes i dont use grammer when typing)

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline LameDuck

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 09:14:53 PM »
Yes, I'm old, actually very old and probably to old to do this, but I'm doing it anyway, and yes, that was a bigoted rant, feel free to chastise me.

Naz, apologies for that, I am truly ignorant of which stilt is which.  The logo on the label is exactly the same as the second one you posted.

I have no issues buying brackets and throwing them away if they don't fit.  Frankly, if you have two varieties of bracket, then I'll buy both and throw one away.  That cost of a bracket I can happily live with ;-)

Can you let me know via email when yo have them in stock, (any or all variations) then I can have a play with them and see what works.

Thank you for a sane reply to my rant, you're clearly a far better person than I!

Granddad  ;)

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »
lame duck you may be old but using the quote "ur not a teenager" and then stating us teenagers forget easily is ageist and as this is a public forum dont think you should post it up only teengagers get s***ged off by the media and by old people such as urself.

everyone on this forum is here to help when u start saying that we are inadiquent then ur help will be restricted as people will start disliking you.

as naz points out you have bought powersiers that have a diffrent plastic braket to projump and powerizer.

(yes i dont use grammer when typing)

Alright lairy :P

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 10:10:32 PM »

Please get off your soap box, otherwise people are going to start disliking you.
Also look at his posts. He has bought PoweriZers, not PoweriSers, which was evident FAR before Naz posted the PoweriZer logo.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 10:23:17 PM »
Lameduck

Sounds like you have fallen for the oldest trick on e-bay (sorry mate) PoweriSers are more expensive than PoweriZers so a lot of dodgy sellers advertise them that way

Take a picture of your stilts and post it so we can make sure exactly what they are

I have heard that Trip can be a bit hard to get hold of sometimes but he is a real 7 stockist (this is a new sport and a lot of smaller companys sell them)

To OLD lets see now I am 1 year short of 50 and there are older people than me (some that can flip  :Cbiggrin:)

So if your to old you must be 70ish  :Claugh:as I recon to be doing this for a few more years

My advice would be to either get some Pro-jump brackets when they are back in stock or if you prefer the metal ones either contact PoweriSer of one of the 7 dealers

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline LameDuck

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 11:59:16 PM »
Got a mail from Trip, he's going to save me.  If you're 1 year from 50, then you're a year older than me, would seriously gloat now, but I have Grand kids, so can't be too smug ;)

BTW - I've spent 7 hours on them so far and still haven't fallen over.  This is a bad thing, making me far too confident, can only end badly !

Thanks for the advise and pointers.

Also - The calf pads on the back off the bocks are a little low for me.  There's another hole above the one they're in now, is it possible to slide them up to it, or would they snag in the spring.  If I moved them, what else would I have to adjust?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2009, 12:05:06 AM »
I take mine off and throw them away they just rub my legs and it is more comfy without them

Don't worry about the falling over  :Claugh:it will happen

Take your time getting the cuffs set up right it makes them much better

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2009, 12:14:25 AM »

Please get off your soap box, otherwise people are going to start disliking you.
Also look at his posts. He has bought PoweriZers, not PoweriSers, which was evident FAR before Naz posted the PoweriZer logo.

Sprog stop ranting about all the posts i make im shore u have a problem with me

im simply stating that i dont like ageist comments u dont like being called old farts or other such names and i dont like being referd to as "the teenagers" or put into a context that makes us even more bad looking i respect older people true the respect for me wont be given as "uve had a so called harder life" well ur life didnt start off with the media s***ging u off about everything
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:47:26 AM by aidanh1 »

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline LameDuck

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2009, 12:40:34 AM »
Thanx Jason, they're rubbing my legs too, will remove them immediately.  Not too worried about falling off, I have enough lard to protect me...

Offline lynch

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2009, 08:47:35 PM »
ok i know this thread is old but i found something new ive had my cuffs for quite a wile and i found out the other day that there is a left cuff and a right cuff but i have 2 left cuffs the other people i know who has them have a set where i have 2 of the same. altho i have set them up to how i like them (after a long time) but i got laugh at

but my question is does it matter ???
and should i ask for my money back as i payed the full price before the lowered it (im joking about the money  :Ctongue: )

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2009, 10:13:28 PM »
Think you might find that you've got one on upside down mate

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline lynch

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2009, 10:42:07 PM »
how could i they came with the poles on the only thing i could do it have it bk to front but i know i dont humm

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2009, 10:49:50 PM »
All you need to do is undo the bolts that hold the cuff on and flip it over then put it back together again.

Might have been a mistake but it's a simple fix :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2009, 10:51:30 PM »
The give away is that the velcro nut covers are only on one side and they should both be on the inside (to stop the nuts catching together)

There isn't a left and right they are both identical you just fit ont up the other way so the straps do up opposite ways

So if you have a velcro nut cover on the outside that is the wrong one but don't worry it should make no diference to how they work

have a look here it shows what they should look like

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2643.0

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: