Author Topic: 1 Problem solved, Another Found!  (Read 3811 times)

Offline Benny B aka Hero MC

• I jump higher than high~You cant see me coz I fly
    • Benny B's Soundclick
1 Problem solved, Another Found!
« on: March 18, 2009, 03:39:50 PM »
Hey Jason! Just tried out me stilts and compared to what they were like, now, they are feeling like new again, still a slight rattle under the left foot plate at the front, but on the whole, they feel alot more stable.
  :Cbiggrin:
Remember i said that they felt weird, now that i put the foot plate straight? and i was going to tilt it back again slightly? i wont bother they feel fine with the new bushings, still a little different to what im used to but i'll get used to it.
I bottomed out the springs for the first time aswell, cant remember is that a good or a bad thing?   :Cconfused:
Now when i land the left pj makes a loud "CLUNK" sound but, the right does not, its weird. I think i may have to think about new feet. They both look pretty evenly worn, like you said, but maybe it's because i always take off the left foot (into a double footed jump)
Any hoo, I'm definatley getting more height though, but like i say with the footplate straightened i must be taking off differently because at the moment, all the tricks i know i can do, look like i'm trying them for the first time!!!!  :Claugh:

So lets see how i do at the weekend!

Thanks again Mate  :Cnotworthy:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 03:43:14 PM by Benny B aka Hero MC »
got a couple minutes to spare? check out my "jackass style" vids.
I'm not held liable for your sides splitting!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bennyboy86&view=videos

OR

Check my Uk Hip Hop Tunes
http://www.soundclick.com/HeroMcakaBenEakaBennyB

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: 1 Problem solved, Another Found!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 10:51:27 PM »
Could be that you are used to the footplates tilted back and your tecnique is better suited to them that way so if you start bottoming them regularly might be worth putting them back as they were to see if that helps

The clunk it probably the packer on the spring remind me on friday and I'll bring the packers along and sort it out

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Benny B aka Hero MC

• I jump higher than high~You cant see me coz I fly
    • Benny B's Soundclick
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 03:48:51 PM »
been out on the!em again. I pretty sure it isn't the packing, as i have the same packing on both springs and only 1 is making the sound. I pretty sure it the foot wearing thin.
Should i put a tyre sock on maybe? i know it won't help it noise but it will save the foot from wearing much more, wouldn't it?

cheers
Benny the problematic bocker  :Claugh:
got a couple minutes to spare? check out my "jackass style" vids.
I'm not held liable for your sides splitting!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bennyboy86&view=videos

OR

Check my Uk Hip Hop Tunes
http://www.soundclick.com/HeroMcakaBenEakaBennyB

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 09:19:42 PM »
Worth a try Benny normally you can see the metal come through before they make any sound

One other thing you might want to check as it bugged me for a while before I figgured it out

Right under your heel (when you have the bocks on) is a big nut and bolt (holds the footplate to the upright)
In the middle of the frame there is an ally spacer that the bolt goes through if the bolt isn't tight enough this rattles up and down (it sometimes does it even if the bolt is tight )

Either tighten the bolt or if that fails take the spacer out stick a bit of tape on the end so it tightens it in the frame and then tighten the bolt again

It had me going for about a week before I realised what was wrong and sounded just like a loose set of bearings or the foot tapping

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: