Author Topic: Solution for squeaks?  (Read 2715 times)

Offline PBC

• Les Bottes de 7 Lieues
Solution for squeaks?
« on: March 23, 2009, 03:23:59 PM »
I bought a pair of new FlyJumpers for my son at the weekend. They seem to be identical to the V4 ProJumps. They are fine but do they ever squeak!

I checked all the bolts to make sure they are tight and looked for side to side movement of the spring but could find nothing. He has only walked in them so far but that's already enough to make 'em squeak worse than a mouse that's been cornered by a mog.  :Cconfused:

Any solutions please anyone?

Offline Chrishead

Re: Solution for squeaks?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 04:49:36 PM »
Squeeks are normal from most stilts, only the more expensive stilts make less noise but you should only be worried if you hear loud noises but squeeks are not normally a problem.
For Sale: Paracute, Used once, Never opened, Small stain.

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:09:39 PM »
WD40 ussually solves this

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 05:17:17 PM »
check the white spacers and use some lube... But not Wd40. It is ok but some silicone spray is better.

Offline PBC

• Les Bottes de 7 Lieues
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 05:40:22 PM »
There are no white spacers. Although these are new, they date to early 2007, before the new springs with the nylon spacers were introduced.

I just tried the silicone spray on the bushings below the footrest and the squeaks have gone!  :Crolleyes:

Thanks to all of you that came to my aid, especially Spud for the winning solution.  :Cnotworthy: