Author Topic: bocks making a little too much noise?  (Read 3560 times)

Offline dustinbikes

• Rise of the Bockernauts
bocks making a little too much noise?
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:51:25 AM »
Greetings...I have been noticing that my bocks have been making a slight crunching noise, I believe the sound is coming from one of the bushings..how tight should the nuts and bolts be at the pivot points?...thanks.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: bocks making a little too much noise?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 09:06:10 AM »
Not too tight..but at the same time not too loose. If you are really trying to do it as tight as possible and doing anything you can to get that then lossen them up..it wont solve your problem. May make it worse.

Crunching is a new one...But...Check all the parts for movement..if you pull things about you should be able to feel it..but it will only be very slight. If anything is wobbling slightly it could be the bushings..they dont last long. They may need replacing. Check there are 2 white spacers between the bolt thingy and the sping. If you have lost one that could be your problem. Then I would just spray some silicon spray (or something silicon based) on all the joints, see if that does anything.

Somebody else may be able to help you better than me..I have never known crunching.. Sure its not a click or squeak?

:spudT:

EDIT: btw, could you make your sig a bit smaller please. Big sigs make the pages take ages to load for some people.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:08:08 AM by Spud »

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:17:10 AM »
Oops wrong thread
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 09:19:09 AM »
Oops wrong thread
Bravo! *claps*

Offline dustinbikes

• Rise of the Bockernauts
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 09:31:01 AM »
well on second thought perhaps it is a clicking noise...but its crunchy

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 09:37:27 AM »
Bocks do make some funny noises...mine once sounded like a duck quacking :D

If it is a click then it probably is the bushings. Or something a bit loose..but if its bushings tightening wont help. Just check nothing is obviously loose then check everything for slight movement. The bushings dont have to wear much to start little wobbles and squeaks. Its pretty normal. Dont forget the silicon spray ;)

thanks for editing size of sig :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 10:42:17 PM »
I found a fairly good way to check bearings

Grab spring in one hand and the frame where your heel goes and rock from side to side if they move look at the bearings and you can see which ones are moving (normally all if its bad  :Claugh:)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dlipford370

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 08:23:48 AM »
Hey Dustin, check out my video in the "problems" section. I bet that's whats going on with yours too, at that top bushing.  We'll have to see when we meet up for sure...   I was on the phone with air trekkers for like 20 minutes today trying to describe what was going on....

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 08:42:22 AM »
I don't really thinl the problems are too simular. The amount of wobbling on your bocks is really unusual.. And only a week old. They are not right. I think dustin has normal wearing. Even when bushings are bad ypu cant see as much movement as with yours i dont think.