Author Topic: Calf Cuffs or not  (Read 2638 times)

Offline scruff

• Jump! How High??
Calf Cuffs or not
« on: April 03, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »
Hey everyone
Just wondering about what is best Calf cuff or Knee bars??
Cheers

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
Re: Calf Cuffs or not
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 06:53:05 PM »
personell preferenceee! lots of people prefer calf cuffs, but ive always used knee bars and get on fine with them. 

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:40:03 PM »
Yeah, as Paul-Self said, it's personal preference....

I get the feeling i'd prefer cuffs, but i have knee bars at the minute, and there's nothing much wrong with them at all, they're just fine.

My only gripe with the knee-bars is that the stock strap supplied with the is desperately un-secure, and doesn't even go tight enough to secure my calf well

Offline scruff

• Jump! How High??
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 10:58:50 AM »
ok cheers
Its just because i'm thinking of buying calf cuffs soon

Offline CShaver

• That's me.
    • My Myspace
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 09:59:13 PM »
Is there a way to replace the strap that comes with the knee bars? I haven't been able to try mine out yet only because they're in the shipping process. I've heard that the strap that comes with the stilts doesn't work as it should. If there's no real way to replace the strap for the knee bars than I might have to go with calf cuffs as well. My question is this: Would Pro-Jump be able to ship the calf cuffs to the US or is it the same rule preventing them from shipping the stilts?

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 10:50:35 PM »
Is there a way to replace the strap that comes with the knee bars?

Check these out, they'll be right up your street: http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1070.0

Pinhead's quick release straps.

I'm tight, so instead of buying some off of him, i nabbed 4 dog collars from the shop my parents own (with their permission of course) and crossed them in the same way as pinhead straps. I later secured them with a cable tie, for ease of use.

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 09:44:06 AM »
i used a pair of pro-jumps yesterday at the kite fest for a while the ones that are in all the photos that i posted yesterday and they had a calf cuff and for the first time ever i got on really well with it, actually i loved it. Ive used calf cuffs in the past on 7s etc and never been able to get on with them.

So yeh my votes kinda swayed now !!