Author Topic: Equal usage  (Read 5661 times)

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
Equal usage
« on: April 06, 2009, 05:54:37 PM »
Hey all, I was just wondering, to put equal wear on my bocks, can I just change feet? (left bock goes on right foot, vice versa.) Or do i have to change the springs around?

It's Cavemen vs. Gentlemen.
It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: Equal usage
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 06:51:13 PM »
well putting th abocks on the wrong way round would have the desired effect to the springs/feet, but if they're on backwards there's risk of smacking the buckles into each other, along with the ends of the bolts that normally face outwards, and the 2 footplates have slightly different shape, though that doesn't really matter

probably best to switch springs/feet over, only 3 bolts per stilt

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 07:12:57 PM »
Thanks, I didn't really know if wearing them on opposite feet would affect the bocking technique, or just generally be an inconvenience.  :Claugh:

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 07:27:33 PM »
There would be no harm in trying Archie.

I just went and looked at the bolts on mine after what darf said. I honestly dont think that the bolts being the wrong way is a problem at all. Mine may even be wrong. I have changed springs and bindings so who knows. I just dont think it will have any effect at all. And my footplates look exactly the same. I doubt there is any difference at all.

I think the actual problem will be how the bocks are set up. they are usually slightly different so they may feel really odd on the wrong feet. What I would suggest is you switch the bindings over. its a real quick job. Size 8 spanner and a phillips screwdriver. Swap them over the the buckles will be on the outside so you dont damage them. You could even try them as they are for a min, just walk..see how it feels. If it feels ok then swap them. You should be able to get used to it. If it feels horrible then you should swap the spring.

But it is a pain to do so just trying them on the wrong feet wouldnt do any harm. Just swap those bindings over if it feels ok. Dont spend to long with the bindings on this inside because damage will probably happen. If you have cuffs then it maybe better to change springs just because re adjusting them is such a pain. If you have knee bars you could swap them over or push the foam around a bit if you can. Its not in the middle of mine...

:spudT:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 07:51:24 PM »
I must add to this if you have the kneebars and havn't adjusted the stabiliser bars then just swapping the bindings over will work just fine

But a lot of people adjust the stabiliser bars to make the bocks feel better and the cuffs are normaly ofset to one side slightly to allow for the curve of your calf muscles so it is then a lot quicker to just swap the springs (and the hoofs at the same time to even rubber wear) rather than set the bocks up for the opposite legs

I swap my springs every 2 months or so and it makes a lot of difference and is very worth the effort this tutorial will help with the spring swap

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3302.0

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:02:34 PM »
I still do have the kneebar that came with them, and haven't adjusted the stabilizer bars. but know I'm curious whether (and how) to adjust the stabilizer bars. Halp?

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 08:20:58 PM »
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2337.0

^^thats about adjusting stabilizer rods so that they are equal and not out at all..but you can (and its fairly popular) to adjust them so that your heel is down at your toes kinda up slightly. It helps with jumping because its easier to put the weight on to your heels.

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »
hold on, what? so, do you want the heel higher or lower than your toe?

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 09:41:55 PM »
also, by how many degrees? (I am  measuring with the right angle on a dvd case)

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 09:51:22 PM »
Heel lower than your toes. But it is just a personal preference thing..You might not like it like that but adjusting them and trying them wont do any harm. You can always put them back or adjust them like on jasons thread.

But err, I actually didn't do mine like jason did (all technical and stuff :D ) I just moved the bolts down the stabilizer rod (equally) until they felt right. I have tried lots of bocks, some people have them so far down it feels so funny, but you might like that. It really is trail and error but just make sure they are equal each side (where jasons string thing is very useful) You cant really say how many degrees and stuff (even if I did know) because all of the bocks are adjusted and set up differently to start with.

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 10:01:05 PM »
fair enough  :Csmile:

I've adjusted it ready for bocking tomorrow, I hope It feels ok, would be annoying to have to adjust it again, the top of the dvd case is about half a centimeter away from the big square bar thing.

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 10:11:35 PM »
You probably will have to adjust them again. It may be worth just walking on them for a few mins tonight if you can.