Author Topic: Calf Cuffs for Powerisers (PR-5070)?  (Read 7213 times)

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
Calf Cuffs for Powerisers (PR-5070)?
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:17:27 PM »
Hey all again, I'm going to buy me some calf cuffs for my bocks, but I was wondering If I have to get a new bracket to hold them in? At the moment I have a kneebar and a black plastic bracket (as standard)

Thanks in advance

It's Cavemen vs. Gentlemen.
It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Calf Cuffs for Powerisers (PR-5070)?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 08:31:06 PM »
Yeah you do. The plastic brackets on the PoweriSers are made of thinner and different plastic than on Projumps (or any FL bocks) They just dont hold the cuffs in securely. You would either need to change to the PJ brackets or get metal ones.

:spudT:

Offline lynch

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 08:37:11 PM »
where can you get the mettle ones

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 09:58:41 PM »
Thanks spud, but how would I fit the pro-jump brackets? the same 2 bolts that hold in the poweriser brackets?
Also, i'm with Lynch, Where can I get the METAL ones?

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 10:09:11 PM »
There are only 2 bolts? not 4?

I am not sure if you could use the same bolts, we have used the 7's bolts with PJ brackets before (culley) and 2 od the 7's bolts were too short (because the plastic is thinner on them) but I am not sure with poweriser brackets.

Metal brackets are for 7's. I am not sure you can buy them separately from cuffs anymore. I guess trip would be the person to talk to but he is uber busy at the mo. I doubt you would get a reply very quickly.

:spudT:

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 10:29:09 PM »
Well, I saw an exploded diagram in my poweriser manual  (which i had to dig out!) and it had 2 bolts placed vertically. I'm not sure whether the metal bracket or the pro jump bracket is right?

, Generally confused  :Ccry:

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 10:55:05 PM »
PoweriSers will have 4 bolts holding the brackets in place, 2 infront the bar and 2 behind. The front 2 also hold the calf pad on. I expect the 2 vertical bolts you were looking at were infact the stabiliser rods, which are fitted onto the inner section that the kneebar slots into (next to the frame), you can't get the stabiliser rods out of these sections out without brute force, and when switching kneebars/cuffs over you do not need to remove these from the frame.

Proper exploded view of PoweriSer PR5070s:

Note the 4 black bolts by the brackets, and the stabiliser rods still attached to the inner sections where the kneebar goes :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:57:46 PM by sprog »

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 12:21:19 AM »
strange, in my manual I clearly saw just 2 bolts holding the bracket in. but I guess there obviously is more than 2, and I definatly wouldn't have got the stabilizer rod things confused with the  bracket bolts.  :Csmile:

hooold on, Isn't there any screws holding the bracket into the metal bar? That's what I was talking about... If there isn't, my manual is lying  :Claugh:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:25:09 AM by Archie L »

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 12:22:44 AM »
Also, does that mean I can get a bracket from pro-jump that would work on mine to hold in cuffs?

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 02:48:07 PM »
Justice bump,  can I get a bracket from pro-jump ( or 7's ) that would work on my bocks to hold in cuffs?

It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 04:29:09 PM »
If you get the ProJump cuffs, you can try with the plastic projump brackets, but I know Ricky from Swansea in Wales had riSers and put the projump brackets on and they didn't hold, so he had to get 7League metal brackets.

I would say buy the 7's cuffs as then you get the metal brackets with them, saves a lot of faffing around and the cuffs with definately be secure.

That's only for people who have 7's or PoweriSers though, if you've got ProJumps you're better off getting the ProJump cuffs ;)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »
Id have to agree with Sprog here, we have only tested the Pro-Jumps + Pro-Jump Plastic Brackets + Pro-Jump cuffs combo so thats the only one Id be confident in promoting.

I know Chocl8 had a problem with Pro-Jump Brackets and PoweriSer cuffs and the 7 leagues dealers only recommend using a metal bracket with their stilts so thats the only thing you should be using with 7's.