Author Topic: Stilts Bag  (Read 33645 times)

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
Re: Stilts Bag
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 10:33:39 PM »
@ lynch
I am getting a bag because im going to the british racing school in august and will need to tidy away my stilts while im their and if they need to be transported - bt overall i dont want them on show in my room as i have to share it.
So thats why im getting a bock bag and also they dont get caught on stuff and lose pads etc
Mini Ellis xxx

Offline PBC

• Les Bottes de 7 Lieues
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 10:49:44 PM »
hey all
i was reading this in college 2day and i think that straping the stilts together with the knee straps or other straps and hook them over a shoulder works really well and when your bocking where would you put the bag ???

There's no doubt that this solution would work but, it does have a couple of major downsides to it.
1. stilts are heavy and if not covered with some kind of padding they will hurt you as you walk along with them.
2. if there's any play whatsoever in between them they will rub against each other causing scratching.

If your stilts are already battle-scarred then the scratching issue is not going to bother you but if you are like me and take pride in your stilts, that would simply be out of the question. Mine are beautiful and I intend for them to stay that way. Bags hide stilts but they also protect them.

Offline adamessex

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 11:46:28 PM »
just remembered chatting to the guy that runs the circus skills stuff at gilwell 24 n essex jam (scout events) and he keeps his in a big holdal that has wheels on the back like a flight bag, you can get them cheap enough in luggage shops just take a tape messure to your stilts and take the tape messure with you. then you can throw clothes or what ever around them
falling is proof your trying

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 01:39:37 PM »
@PBC dude tbh i dont rilly think scratching matters coz when u fall oer and things they get scratches i dont think iv ever seen some stilts with out them (other then new 1s out of the box)

but yet i think some 1 needs to come up with a back pack design and i get what u r saying babe i wouldent want my room m8 to go oooooo shiny and push on the knee bar and bending it

Offline PBC

• Les Bottes de 7 Lieues
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »
@PBC dude tbh i dont rilly think scratching matters coz when u fall oer and things they get scratches i dont think iv ever seen some stilts with out them (other then new 1s out of the box)

Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. Sure, hard users who don't mind about the state their equipment gets into won't be bothered by scratching but I'm always on the lookout for used stilts and I find the majority I am offered are in very good condition indeed! Even my own are in pristine condition because I take care of them. I reckon I'm possibly the only bocker on the planet to have covered my springs in Scotchgard, a bullet-proof film that is normally used to protect vehicles paintwork against stone chips, scratches, and bugs. At over $1000 a square metre you can understand why nobody else would consider that.   :Crolleyes:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 02:04:49 PM »
How can you try your hardest if you dont want to scratch them? Trying hard= falling= scratches.

I do mind about the state of my bocks. I have had them um....over a year now. They are a bit scratched from the odd fall  but are working perfectly. I maintain them pretty well. They are still going as well as they were when I first got them. If There is a prob i try to fix it as soon as possible. Mind you..i hurt them the other day and had to do some fixing last night. Entirly my fault.

:spudT:

Offline PBC

• Les Bottes de 7 Lieues
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 03:00:13 PM »
Well yeah, you are right Spud. I'm just a bit paranoid. I take maximum precautions to protect them and if anything does get damaged I quickly replace it. Springs cost too much to replace which is why I covered them in Scotchgard. Now that's no longer a problem.

Offline lynch

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 03:59:31 PM »
i know i poseted about this before but my main thought was where would you put the bag wists bocking if its for storage i think its a grate idea

Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. Sure, hard users who don't mind about the state their equipment gets into won't be bothered by scratching but I'm always on the lookout for used stilts and I find the majority I am offered are in very good condition indeed! Even my own are in pristine condition because I take care of them. I reckon I'm possibly the only bocker on the planet to have covered my springs in Scotchgard, a bullet-proof film that is normally used to protect vehicles paintwork against stone chips, scratches, and bugs. At over $1000 a square metre you can understand why nobody else would consider that.   :Crolleyes:

sorry i understand protecting your stilts but thats a lot of money and tape works brilliant and leather one i think  jason made (i think it was jason sorry to the person if it was not jason) would be even better but why spend so much as spud said  Trying hard= falling= scratches

Offline PBC

• Les Bottes de 7 Lieues
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »
When I talked about the cost, which was very real as you can see if you do a search for Scotchgard dealers using Google, it was basically to warn off any of you getting the idea that this was a good method of protecting them. In reality, I paid nothing because the rep came to sell me the product and left me some samples to test. Using the samples I managed to cover 2 pairs of stilts and really liked the way they came out. But, as a product to retail for covering springs, it just isn't viable because they sell it in sheets of a square metre at over $1000.

There are cheaper brands but they are still way too expensive to consider for our sport.

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »

but yet i think some 1 needs to come up with a back pack design and i get what u r saying babe i wouldent want my room m8 to go oooooo shiny and push on the knee bar and bending it

Yes or them going ooh shiney, and stealing them....so if they are in a bag they can be hidden easyier =]
Love
Mini Ellis xxx

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 07:39:27 PM »
I think I want to put my nova on air bags.

You want to do what to who?
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 08:16:59 PM »
Have I logged into the wrong forum today?

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2009, 08:24:30 PM »
I think I want to put my nova on air bags. What are the pros and cons. What type of system have most people been using? thanks

We prefer our cars to be on springs here, not airbags... and instead of cars, they're stilts.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2009, 09:28:53 PM »
Now thats a thought  :Claugh:

I have 2 Pilates Balls I wonder if I could get a footplate on them  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: