Author Topic: Touching the ground  (Read 14882 times)

Dark Knight

Touching the ground
« on: August 31, 2007, 12:27:03 AM »
If like my you find it hard it touch the ground, what do you do if you drop something ?

I was in a shop the other day a found something that could be of use.
It's about the size of a pen that extends 600mm ( looks like a aerial ) and has a magnet on the end.
It only cost £1 there was a thicker one for £2 but not worth it has the small one pick up 2Kg weights.
Because it so small you can carry it all the time.
If you have a phone or wallet which has very little metal on it you could tie a metal washer to it and pick it up with that.

I've seen a plastic grab which could be usefull too, problem with it is that it's on a fixed length stick and hard to keep on you !?

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:12:21 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Touching the ground
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 08:36:56 PM »
Dropping your wallet is a good reason to learn how to get up from the ground  ;D

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 10:43:20 PM »
everyone should be able to get up and down then wouldnt need to carry things to pick things up with or get very nice ground crew, the EA bockers grond crew is called Groupies wer special lol thinkin about gettin them diff tops

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 07:46:50 AM »
learning to get up and go down to the ground unaided is the most important thing you can learn. Every bocker should make it there goal to learn this essential trick.

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 07:51:23 AM »
learning to get up and go down to the ground unaided is the most important thing you can learn. Every bocker should make it there goal to learn this essential trick.
True but if your still not ever good ( get stuck / fall over ) and still learning then £1 will stop you looking like a Wolly   :-[

Offline sirdragon

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 09:30:08 AM »
OK....
so what is the technique for getting up from the ground.  as i am just about to buy a pair i figure that should be my starting point lol ::)

not a lot of point if i canna even get up ...... :-\

and as i am likely to do a lot of ground hugging in first couple of days any help would be appreicated.....

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 01:03:39 PM »
OK....
so what is the technique for getting up from the ground.  as i am just about to buy a pair i figure that should be my starting point lol ::)

not a lot of point if i canna even get up ...... :-\

and as i am likely to do a lot of ground hugging in first couple of days any help would be appreicated.....

There is a really good video tutorial on the other forum, it may even be on this forum somewhere. Search for it as I can't be bothered to do that right now

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 01:04:05 PM »
theres videos on youtube of it, some people are naturals at gettin up my freind did first time the day he had his bocks so depend u just need to practice watch the vids of you tube its hard to explain in text

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 01:32:49 PM »
here you go these are some vids that may help

[youtube=425,350]Xqa16yLTY-Y[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]E_xvr2nS7uY[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]kYScGqmjEGo[/youtube]

Offline t r o c

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 02:17:22 PM »
I finished learning to fall and standing up today, i think its pretty essential.

Dark Knight

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 04:28:35 PM »
I finished learning to fall and standing up today, i think its pretty essential.
I don't think you can ever stop learning to fall  :-\

Offline t r o c

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 05:29:28 PM »
I ment how to fall properly.  :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 05:37:18 PM by t r o c »

Dark Knight

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 06:31:47 PM »
I ment how to fall properly.  :P
No wonder I hurt myself when I fall over !
I'm doing it thew wrong way  ;D

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 10:47:03 PM »
i can seem to get myself to the ground alright (without falling over) but find it a bit harder getting back up

Offline akin

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 09:40:38 PM »
what i tend to do is kick what ever it is you are gonna pick up next to a wall :P

But if its my wallet or phone i just bend down :)

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 05:54:44 PM »
*digs up old thread*

can anyone give me advice on how to learn to get up from the floor? I fin dit's the most challenging thing about bocking :(
I try the method that everyone uses, but for whatever reason, my right leg (the one that goes in front of me) can only get to an angle of about 110- 120 degrees, and It's impossible to push up from it at that angle :( when I try to bring my foot in more, It just rips at my thighs, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong?

It's Cavemen vs. Gentlemen.
It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline reaper

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 06:38:09 PM »
As I posted somewhere else I haven't got mine yet, my friend let me use his and as he had had them since xmas I asked him if it was possible to stand unaided, he told me if  it was he didn't know how and as I like to figure things out for myself I just tried it and luckily managed it, I have since seen on here tips on what to do and must say didn't think of it....anyway here is what worked for me, basically I started on me knees, then spread my legs out like a inverted 'V', whilst putting all of my upper weight onto my arms, then from that position I just pushed upwards, I did the same in reverse to get down.

Realised I had it filmed so uploaded it to youtube for you to look at

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 07:01:06 PM by reaper »

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 06:50:57 PM »
*digs up old thread*

can anyone give me advice on how to learn to get up from the floor? I fin dit's the most challenging thing about bocking :(
I try the method that everyone uses, but for whatever reason, my right leg (the one that goes in front of me) can only get to an angle of about 110- 120 degrees, and It's impossible to push up from it at that angle :( when I try to bring my foot in more, It just rips at my thighs, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong?

if you've got short legs then i can see your problem, but pretty much, just get your front leg bent more, or get up in some other way, there's a couple of threads on teh subject i think

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 06:59:23 PM »
if you've got short legs then i can see your problem,

Yeah, I must have short legs :( Just now I went on my bocks in the garden, and luckily, i have a nice big trailer to hold on to while I try new stuff, And I tried a spring grab/ checking for gum, and I couldn't get my bocks any higher than horizontal, Even though I'm trying as hard as I can, AND using the momentum of the bocks, I still couldn't get my hoof even pointing up a little bit. Looking at Kiola's picture (I think), He has his springs touching his back, And I'm just wondering what's different with his legs and mine : :Cconfused:  Before you ask, I do have quite strong legs  :Claugh:

Also, Thanks for the video, reaper, I might try that tomorrow :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 07:10:52 PM by Archie L »

It's Cavemen vs. Gentlemen.
It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »
I know your problem, i had the same thing.

I dont know what happened with me, but i just found out how to get up as demonstrated in the 3 videos posted earlier, but the length of my leg doesn't affect it.

I think you have to twist your bock round a bit to stop the spring hitting the back of your leg, and it's easier.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 05:21:09 PM »
I find it really hard because my shoes are small and I dont have anything to push with as such. I think that makes it much harder. Dan is really good at it and he uses his toes, its really frustrating when he tries to teach em because I don't have that advantage. I havn't mastered this skill but I did learn it last summer. Just did it on grass for about 30 mins and usually went flat on my back but one time, I duno what happened but I was standing. I could do it again but I I think I would need to learn it again now. Also, i dont do it like any vid I have seen.

:spudT: