Author Topic: Is length a problem ? <.<  (Read 4605 times)

Offline bigbjoern

Is length a problem ? <.<
« on: April 22, 2009, 08:40:28 PM »
Hello, My question is.. Is length a problem usin theese? I'm thinkin about buyin a pair to try this out, looks really fun and so.

Why i'm wondering is because i'm over 6ft 5... and weigh about ~90kg+
[illegal site]
(Thoose should be a good product to start out with, abit sceptic about the bindings tho.. but i hope for some good advice posts and such.)

Shouldn't be a problem i hope? Would appriciate answears:)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:11:08 PM by Spud »

Offline Springer

Re: Is length a problem ? <.<
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 08:52:07 PM »
Please don't buy the pair you linked to, they are skyrunners, which means they're both illegal and very cheaply made and unreliable.
Being six foot won't be a problem at all :) The knee hoop is adjustable and I know bockers over six foot :)
I suggest buying pro-jump stilts, they're of decent quality and the best way to go in terms of first stilts.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:04:07 PM »
I'm assuming from the fact you linked to a swedish site you're in sweden, which means you can't order ProJumps, as they can only ship to the UK.

I'd advise looking for swedish retailers, specifically flerbollar, who sell both PowerSkips and PoweriSers (Under HoppStyltor)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:06:19 PM by sprog »

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 09:23:46 PM »
Is length a problem

Not for me... but my girlfriend says I'm blessed.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline bigbjoern

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 09:24:25 PM »
Thanks for the answears, I will absolutely follow your advice not buyin the ones i linked :) And will look for a swedish deliver to find a pair.

PS. Sorry for the illegal site link, will call that company btw and tell em that those are illegal >_<

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 09:25:15 PM »
and i thort this post was all about sprog and that he is self conscious

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 09:36:03 PM »
PS. Sorry for the illegal site link, will call that company btw and tell em that those are illegal >_<
They're not illegal in Sweden. The reason they are illegal in the UK is there is a patent covering the design of bocks in the majority of Europe and America. Anyone selling bocks has to pay the inventor royalties, and SkyRunner don't. However, patent doesn't cover Sweden so they won't do anything, they can sell as many as they like.

I thought it was about you! :Claugh:

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 09:37:55 PM »
Is length a problem

I dont think this is appropriote...

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 11:20:36 PM »

[/quote]

ok then its about both of us.....we shall have this discussion in wales!! matt can help us too

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 11:55:04 PM »
Is length a problem

Lighten up [edit]Mini Ellis[edit]. Anyone young enough for it to be inappropriate for,
probably wouldn't understand it. And anyone old enough to understand
probably wouldn't be offended. I didn't use inappropriate words.

But if I offended you I won't do it again... it was just too easy to pass up. ^_^
But no more 'inappropriate' anatomy comments. Scouts honour. =) Sorry Lozzi.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 11:12:30 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 12:55:18 AM »
Is length a problem

Lighten up Lozzi. Anyone young enough for it to be inappropriate for,
probably wouldn't understand it. And anyone old enough to understand
probably wouldn't be offended. I didn't use inappropriate words.

But if I offended you I won't do it again... it was just too easy to pass up. ^_^
But no more 'inappropriate' anatomy comments. Scouts honour. =) Sorry Lozzi.
It wasn't lozzi, it was Hannah :P

Quote from: sprog
Quote from: carlgreen
ok then its about both of us.....we shall have this discussion in wales!! matt can help us too
AGREED!

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 08:53:27 AM »
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE MIXING ME AND LOZZI UP FFS ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 09:47:35 AM »
Lol hannahs gunna kill u brenden and i do agree that it is to easy thats y i dident do it just to easy

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »
Whoops. Sorry girls. I was half asleep. Do you get mistaken for each other often?
Your name is just to the left... but like I said. Half asleep.

Don't worry Greg, I think I could take her.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 11:17:26 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 07:15:37 PM »
yes are names are just to the left maybe you should take care to read them, no only this time and one other.
We dont look like each other.
and what do you mean by the tearm ''take her'' - assuming you mean it in a violent context 

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 07:15:52 PM »
Length isnt a problem, its what you do with it that counts! And i dont see the similarity between Mini Ellis and Lil Lozzi apart from them both being little! jelly x

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 07:19:01 PM »
Psst Jelly....Lozzi isnt little...

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 07:29:02 PM »
Lol, oh well she calls herself lil Lozzi, i assumed it was because she is little. Mini Ellis still wins hands down tho! jelly x

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 07:39:58 PM »
hell yeah im like the miniest person ever at 5ft 1/2inch (that 1/2 means alot me) :D

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 11:03:08 PM »
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE MIXING ME AND LOZZI UP FFS
Do you get mistaken for each other often?
no only this time and one other.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE MIXING ME AND LOZZI UP FFS ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Slight over reaction then I'd say.

what do you mean by the tearm ''take her'' - assuming you mean it in a violent context 

...Yes Mini Ellis. I meant it violently. I intend to beat you up. Everything I ever say, and in deed everything ever said on the entire internet is 100% serious and should be taken as the gospel truth. Especially an adult claiming he could take a small girl. There are no jokes on the internet. Greg really thought you were going to kill me. And my reply to that was equally serious.

I'm sorry for typing the wrong name... I guess... :Cnah:
It wasn't really a big deal so not sure why you tried to make me feel small about it. Would you like me to point out every little mistake you make?... I'd rather not. It would take a while.

Anyway... I'll stop now before it seems like I really am trying to "take" on a small girl ...also I think I just ruined sarcasm.

FFS

I don't think this is appropriate...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 11:33:22 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »