Author Topic: #@!!@### god damn  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Callum

#@!!@### god damn
« on: April 23, 2009, 05:00:01 PM »
Seriolsy can i just say when ive being going trough the forum its taking ages to load its always waiting for archy g's signiture to load it's to big i think personaly and it does my head in when i try to go down it stutteres down tillit loads does any one else have this problem

Offline Archy-G

Re: #@!!@### god damn
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 06:03:34 PM »
sorry about that if it was my problem i have made the sig smaller because i used to have 2 but know only one so i hope it helps and if you think it still is to big please ask me and i will take it down.  :Csmile:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 06:10:13 PM »
Hey all

As much as I love the lovely signatures that you all come up with, please can all signatures be kept to a maximum of 800 x 200 pixels if you use a banner and around the same size for text.

If your signature is too big or offending, inappropriate or a health hazard you will be asked to modify it, it may also be removed in some cases or modified at the mod’s discretion.

The problem with big sigs are although they look pretty, they are very user unfriendly and often reduce the load up times.

Most of you already keep your sigs to a decent size so if you do have a monster sig now’s the time to change it ;)

your sig is 288 x 720. Its a nice sig..just needs to be a little smaller

:spudT:

Offline Archy-G

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 06:13:14 PM »
Hey all

As much as I love the lovely signatures that you all come up with, please can all signatures be kept to a maximum of 800 x 200 pixels if you use a banner and around the same size for text.

If your signature is too big or offending, inappropriate or a health hazard you will be asked to modify it, it may also be removed in some cases or modified at the mod’s discretion.

The problem with big sigs are although they look pretty, they are very user unfriendly and often reduce the load up times.

Most of you already keep your sigs to a decent size so if you do have a monster sig now’s the time to change it ;)

your sig is 288 x 720. Its a nice sig..just needs to be a little smaller

:spudT:

Okay very sorry never new that... il change it .. :PJ1: :PJ1:

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 06:15:18 PM »
archy g's signiture to load it's to big

Agree. The acceptable size for me is around 500x120, on that note... I'll change mine once I've posted this.

it stutteres down tillit loads

This could be because of several things, the Signature, the speed of your computer or your Graphics Card driver.

The Signature - Ask Archie, nicely, to re size his signature to a more reasonable size or quality (reduces size so it loads faster)
The Speed of your computer - Upgrade your computer (RAM/Processor) or get a faster internet connection/modem.
Graphics Card Driver - Go to the manufacturer of your Graphics card website, usually http://www.nvidia.co.uk/ or http://ati.amd.com/products index.html , and look for a section labeled something like 'Support & Drivers' and find the model for your Graphics Card.

That should solve your problem ;)
Lawrence

Offline Archy-G

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
Thank you very much

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 06:21:16 PM »
Oh! Trust Naz and Spud to get there first... I was too busy watching the Simpsons, it distracted me :P

Offline Archy-G

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »
lol :Ctongue:

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 06:37:10 PM »
Oh well, it's finished now so I should be able to type without being distracted ;)

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 06:52:25 PM »
now fish it is not the best thing to say upgrade your computer or internet conection

as for me if i had to up grade it would cost alot of money to get a better system than i allready have (all tho i am looking at crossfireing)
and it is then down to the internet conection

i have the fastest any one can get in this area but it is still slow, only 512kbps, and real speed of about 100kbps

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 07:24:17 PM »

Hey Im sorry  everyone its really my fault that Archies sig was too big ... I made it ... I didnt know that there was a specific size for sigs  :Cfrown: 

Plus mines prob too big too ...  Didnt realize that no everybody has fast broadband/computers .... I am in the process of making a new one ... so ill make sure its smaller

@Archie --- I can make the sig i made for you smaller if you want .... Id hate it not to be used as I put alot of effort into it   :Cerr: 

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline Archy-G

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 07:46:59 PM »

Hey Im sorry  everyone its really my fault that Archies sig was too big ... I made it ... I didnt know that there was a specific size for sigs  :Cfrown: 

Plus mines prob too big too ...  Didnt realize that no everybody has fast broadband/computers .... I am in the process of making a new one ... so ill make sure its smaller

@Archie --- I can make the sig i made for you smaller if you want .... Id hate it not to be used as I put alot of effort into it   :Cerr: 

Yh i was going to ask if you could thanks.  :Csmile:

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 09:26:18 PM »
only 512kbps, and real speed of about 100kbps

:Ccry: It makes me cry just reading that some people have their internet connection in kbps still. Least you should have nowadays is 2mbps, as soon as BT get fibre-optic, it's mine :D

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 09:31:37 PM »
My PC says its internet runs at 11mbps, and it's still damn slow....

My uncle doesnt think 11mbps exists.... my old school ran at 56mbps supposedly...

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »
Just did a speed test. Apparently my download is 0.34 mp/s and upload 0.32

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 09:40:46 PM »
it stutteres down tillit loads

This could be because of several things, the Signature, the speed of your computer or your Graphics Card driver.

The Signature - Ask Archie, nicely, to re size his signature to a more reasonable size or quality (reduces size so it loads faster)
The Speed of your computer - Upgrade your computer (RAM/Processor) or get a faster internet connection/modem.
Graphics Card Driver - Go to the manufacturer of your Graphics card website, usually http://www.nvidia.co.uk/ or http://ati.amd.com/products index.html , and look for a section labeled something like 'Support & Drivers' and find the model for your Graphics Card.

That should solve your problem ;)
Lawrence
That's what I was going to put Fysh! :Ctongue:
Also - Overclock the GPU and CPU, but only if you know what you're doing. Don't want to fry them!

now fish it is not the best thing to say upgrade your computer or internet conection
He put asking Archy to change his sig as the first option, therefore I'm assuming he thought that would be best.

i have the fastest any one can get in this area but it is still slow, only 512kbps, and real speed of about 100kbps
Thats... not even twice the speed of dial-up. Are you living in the dark ages Toddy?
Mine's 2mb, and runs at 2mb. It's fast enough for my needs, supports xbox live with no lag and I can easily download 10Gb overnight :)

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 10:14:10 PM »
well put it this way i did ask BT how much it would be for a fiber optic line to mine and was quoted about £100k

due to there being no fiber optic cable with in 2-4miles of my village that they could conect into.

but then sprog i live in the most remote place around, and there has been loads of time that the village cut off from any transport.
normally once a week it happends