Author Topic: drinks holder  (Read 17142 times)

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
Re: drinks holder
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2009, 05:34:07 PM »
or you all stop bein stupid get a bottle of sumin carry it while ur just walkin put it down on a wall when you wanna bounce around no1 wants to steal a bottle of drink from you lol

Offline lilspeedsk8ter

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2009, 01:41:07 AM »
According to google
97 pounds = 43.9984599 kilograms

I'm not sure why you've posted this under "drinks holder", Larry, but I wouldn't have thought water would work too well as it's going to slosh around in the container a bit, as there will always be a small amount of air in there. As far as I've seen you don't have "strong legs", your only claim to fame is you've broken a pair of skyrunners, which just about everybody can do.

Before thinking about increasing your weight you really need to think about improving your technique for jumping, as it is still very poor. You do not use your arms at all, and barely seem to put any power into the downwards movement. You really need to push down hard with your heels, bending your knees slightly.

I'd advise you follow this:

I need to post some new video of my progress as I have improved a lot since my Washington DC trip and the reason I posted these ideas under the water drink bottle area was because water or any other liquid has a good bit of weight to it per gallon, if I remember right it is around 1 gallon=8 pounds of weight, other than the idea of when we bounce it will have air in it and move around as long as you have it on your stilts we have to consider the added weight to out legs and we must consider our weight plus the stilts and the other add on weight in my example would be 2 gallons so we add 16 pounds for the stilts and the 16 pounds for the 2 gallons of water so I really meant to ask about the stilt springs weight being exceeded.

Now if I wanted to add say 2 or so pounds to each leg then the kneebar sounds like a good place to use it is hollow and can be filled with sand water concrete etc, just a "what if I tried this idea" I had this morning, lol.

Near the end of this video of us in DC on June the 27/28th you can see me on the far right hand side jumping better that I did in my other video that was done in front of my house, still yet I need to get more downward force to gain more height I do agree.
Thanks for the help there too guys...
We all do an outdoor run between trees as we all were doing a slalom  and it is on the video around 3:33 up to 3:38 there is a break in the line and this is where I am I am the first person seen right after the break in the line, then we jump between us at the capital building jumping around and I am on the far right hand side it is easy to spot me as I am a little shorter than everyone else and not getting as high on my jumps as ever one else is.
On the end of the video we are all shown standing as a group and I am the second to last in the group on the right hand side.
Thanks for any pointers ahead of time anyone can provide me here,
LKP

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 09:35:17 AM »
I think the very first thing you need to do if you want to start getting good height is realise that the problem is not your weight, not your height but it is your technique. The sooner this happens the sooner you can start seriously working on your technique. I don't mean to be harsh but it is honestly the only way it will happen.

You weigh 44kg, raptors are rated 50-70kg. You may say that you are much too light for these springs but 7's are actually pretty soft compared to other springs in that kind of category. For example a set of raptors are nothing like a set of M70 projump/fl springs. They are much closer to M60s. T's are like M80's.

So...if we were talking PJs with your 7's you would be 16kg over. Now that really isn't an unacceptable amount. It's actually really normal especially for people of your weight. People always ask if they should go for kids or adults and its always worth them getting a bit above the 10kg thing to get adults. All of these people seem to do fine, ok, it may take a little more work but they do ok.

My advise to you would be to use one set of bocks, one set of springs only for a little while. The raptors would be fine. Just stick to one pair. That way you can get used to them and stuff like that. I would then look at a load of videos and see what people are doing with their arms and how they are jumping and try and copy what they are doing. Learn what good technique looks like. Then go out and practice, take a phone or camera out and film what you are doing. Then look back and see what you are doing differently compared to others with good technique and tweak it. Jumping actually takes quite a lot of effort. With the springs being 16kg over you will need to put some force into them. You can do it on your own without any mods but it will take a bit of energy initially. If you are prepared for that then you will be ok.

I hope this helps.

:spudT:

Offline GingerJumper

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 02:56:14 PM »
Ya not trying to be a d**k but y not just get a camleback? here i know they r in the US but i dont know bout if you live outside of the US
I'm sorry for any misspellings i'm most likely on my iphone and i also suck at spelling in the first place so ya sry o also if u wan add me on facebook just go to www.facebook.com/piroguy21 just send me a message saying ur frome the jumping stilt boards so i know who you r

Offline gazzat5

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 10:58:11 AM »
I go with a 2l camelback and berhghaus freeflow 25 bag that i bought a few years back, even If i do tend to take it off and hang it on street furniture such as street signs lol.

The bag has a special compartment for the camelback.
The camelback has a lifetime warranty, so keep the receipt. There's also several accesories for it which will help prevent it dripping (e.g. when i bumped into the bite valve it would leak, so i got a 'hydrolock' tap. I reckon a bite valve cover would do the job just as well though. I did used to have a neoprene cover for my platypus bladder which would have been perfect but i can't find anywhere that still sells them :(

That strap actually has a couple of straps to hold the pipe btw.

My drinking setup

Offline GingerJumper

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 05:36:18 PM »
or you all stop bein stupid get a bottle of sumin carry it while ur just walkin put it down on a wall when you wanna bounce around no1 wants to steal a bottle of drink from you lol
although i agree wat about hobos?
I'm sorry for any misspellings i'm most likely on my iphone and i also suck at spelling in the first place so ya sry o also if u wan add me on facebook just go to www.facebook.com/piroguy21 just send me a message saying ur frome the jumping stilt boards so i know who you r

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 08:31:31 PM »
I love old posts when they get dragged up again  :Cbiggrin:

I tried a camelback and found that every time I bounced the Bl**dy thing kept hitting me in the back of the neck  :Claugh:

My method is to have regular breaks sitting in the local hostelry with a pint of my favorite brew (This is a Skyhigh tecnique that Nero taught me)

It massively improves your bocking through the day and falling becomes almost totally painless (again ask Nero if you don't believe me)

It also makes attempting your first flips on firm grass or concrete seem like a good idea  :Claugh:

And the extra energy you get from the alcohol enables you to bock from early morning until late into the night or the next morning if Becky dosen't stop you bouncing in the tent while singing at 3 am  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :Claugh:

Ps please don't try this at home children  :Claugh:

Offline Birt

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 09:17:09 PM »
but that camelback will protect you back a little while trying that first  flip Jason ;-)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 09:27:55 PM »
Yep it did protect me a bit  :Cbiggrin:

I forgot to do the waist strap up and it protected the front of my head as it flipped over in front of me as I landed
Admitedly I wouldn't have needed the protection if I hadn't tripped over due to Camelback Blindness  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: