Author Topic: Jumping Hizzigh  (Read 4904 times)

Offline dlipford370

Jumping Hizzigh
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:08:52 AM »
So I've read every post on this forum, and I've bocking for almost 2 months, and I just recently found out how to get the most height ever, for me at least, and thought I should share it with everyone, because it seems like a really common question, but no one ever says this.

If you're running at a decent pace, and then you jump on one foot then land on your two feet you can get a sweet jump.

The key is that you're actually running first though, and then you can continue jumping, but at least you'll have sweet height from your first one to continue if you want.

Seemed like useful knowledge, the whole running into a jump gets you higher, in my opinion.

Just wanted to share my idea with bockers of the world.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Jumping Hizzigh
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 09:16:44 AM »
Ian did a tutorial once and he also uses a similar method

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »
my idea

It's possible that it's not written anywhere because it's common knowledge.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 04:10:25 PM »
So I've read every post on this forum

I pity you.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 08:02:34 PM »
 :approve:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 08:14:55 PM »
I just saw Choc's new avatar. I've never seen anyone hop forwards before back tucking before. Interesting. It's like Nero on his bocks.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline dlipford370

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 09:11:07 AM »
for me personally, i don't think the running into a jump was reinforced as the way to get ultimate height.  that's all.  :Cconfused:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 09:33:58 AM »
Your probably right. Do you run at full pace and then jump? I only see people take a few strides and then get into it. You dont get the max height out of that jump it just gives you a good start to continue jumping and getting more height.

I'm sure running into a jump would be fine but does it only work for one jump? I think consistency is quite important for tricks and also I imagine you travel quite far forward?

If you do just take a few strides it is deffo common knowledge. If you run fast then jump and get max height off that then it is something new.

:spudT:

Offline Archy-G

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 07:22:01 PM »
i cant realy help you much but listening to what people have said sounds very intresting.