Author Topic: Stilts Stumps  (Read 2859 times)

Offline Archy-G

Stilts Stumps
« on: May 09, 2009, 04:43:50 PM »
Hi i was just wondering if stilt stumps (Bottom black bits which you stand on) leave black marks on the ground in gyms...

Offline scruff

• Jump! How High??
Re: Stilts Stumps
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 04:46:30 PM »
They haven't when I have been to gyms

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »
you mean the feet/hooves :P

and not usually, it's safe to say they don't, but they might if you have bad hooves, or intentionally scr***e your feet along the floor, i've seen small marks on carpetted balance beams, but nothing worse than that

Offline Archy-G

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 06:19:14 PM »
ok sures guys

Offline ricky35

• Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »
I find that your jumping technique can effect this a lot. I've been in a gym using exactly the same pair of stilts as someone else and I could clearly see that I as the one making all the marks when i jumped due to my technique which would mark the floor when I jumped forward for flips.

It shouldn't mark them that bad and even if they do, the marks normally disappear as the floor is used.

Hope this helps a bit more  :Cwink:
<a href="http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf</a>

Offline Archy-G

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
Cheers

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 01:47:02 PM »
Yup

Seen lots of hoof marks on gym floors that dissappear. might not be the case if the floor is wooden.

Also need to be aware of types of landings. I have seen (and had to pay for) damage to crash mats caused by a twisting landing.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »
on the issue of mats, if you put an old sheet over the pile of mats, it'll stop some damage to them, and even if it doesn't it'll make the owners of the gym less worried

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 03:49:08 PM »
2nded to the carpet post. The hooves do mark carpeted gym floors.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.