Author Topic: Adjustments: calf cuffs and footplate angles  (Read 3775 times)

Offline PaulH

Adjustments: calf cuffs and footplate angles
« on: May 09, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »
Hi all,

I'm now running and generally having fun on my ProJumps, and feeling all the aches.  I'm curious about adjustments, in particular two things:

1) The tie-rods (the long, thin threaded rods that run from the knee-brace attachment block, down and foward to either side of the footplate) look to be adjustable for length; this would tilt the footplate slightly forward or backward.  Has anyone adjusted these - any comments on comfort?

2) The calf-cuffs let you adjust (slightly) the fore-and-aft position of the knee brace - you can have your knee quite far back into the fork made by the two metal knee braces, or quite far forward, depending on how you adjust the behind-the-knee part of the cuffs.  This, in turn, means that the hoof is either further back or further forward.  Any comments on best position for long-term comfort when running?

My top distance so far is probably no more than 100 metres :-(  Any other tips on running more easily?  I'm taking long strides, using the bounce as much as possible, and trying to straighten my upper leg so that I'm not always supporting my weight entirely using the thigh and arse muscles...

Offline Krofix

• Poweriser Adv. 7090
Re: Adjustments: calf cuffs and footplate angles
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:10:41 PM »
1) I'm not too sure if the rods themselves are the thing that will adjust the tilt of the footplate, but I have adjusted mine, I think there is a small step-by-step on pp....
but, I had my footplate tilted so that my toe was higher towards the sky so that it's easier to jump using your heels... good comfort too

2) I have calf-cuffs and they are as far "back" as possible, i mean, the foam cuff touches the metal behind it...

make sure when you put on your cuffs that they feel centered over the footplate and the hoof.

squeeze the bars coonnecting to the cuffs together onto your leg to ensure a tight fit.

thats my two cents, hope it helps

Offline creepsy09

• yjg
Adjustments calf cuffs and footplate angles
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 08:47:39 AM »
Welcome Blunique  The best way to change your physique at this time would be to work on your diet and how you eat on a regular basis.  What does your diet look like now?

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 11:18:07 AM »
lol i took the fabriv bit of the calf cuff off

lol my calfs are too big for the actual soft bit to be there :P i even sprayed them blue and black looked awsome XD lmfao
but with them off for people with big legs or big calfs then removing them helps alot :D :Claugh:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 04:41:45 PM »
I did a tutorial about aligning the whole bock with a bit of strin an elastic band and a bent bit of metal  :Claugh:

See it here

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2337.0

Once I had alinged them I tried tilting the footplate forwards (lenghen the bolts) and tilting it back (shorten the bolts)

I found that tilting it forward gave me more forward motion and seemed to make the springs feel harder
Tilting them back stabalised them (less forward motion) and seemed to make the spring softer

I also played with setting the hoof slightly to inwards and outwards using the Cuffs and this helped to compensate for that falling off the outside (or inside feeling that a lot of people find so offputting (me for one  :Claugh:)

With running I found I could go further if I kept to a bouncy jog rather than a run (I could do it for the same time as I can jog on my feet but that isn't very long  :Claugh: )

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: