Author Topic: brand new springs and struggling  (Read 2773 times)

Offline circusboi

brand new springs and struggling
« on: May 12, 2009, 11:28:58 PM »
hey new to this, tried a friends projumps and someones powerisers. i imediately bought a pair from pro jumps, collected them from preston as i only live in blackpool. i get them home and i can hardly bounce, takes alot of effort to get up! the people at the shop told me that the springs have been changed to my weight. i am calling them tommorrow but could anybody help in answering - do springs need breaking in, used more to get more bend? if so how long does this take???? help!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: brand new springs and struggling
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 11:34:02 PM »
Hi there

Welcome to the forum!

Yes to begin with, the springs may be fairly hard to get a bounce out of, but once you start using them they will soften. Have a look at the bottom of the spring, this will tell you what weight they are. Also how much do you weigh as that will help determine if they are the right ones for you.

Offline circusboi

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 11:43:43 PM »
i came into the store and spoke to lauren and she told me that they were taking off a set of m110's and putting on m80's i weigh 12 stone so i was told m80's were right. the only number on any of my springs is simply '83'.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 12:19:53 AM »
You were advised right :)

The number 83 does mean you have been given 80's and they are about the right size for you. Most new users find that the springs are pretty tough to begin with, as you start using them, you will see they are a lot easier to use.

If you go any lower than the ones you have, you will find that within a few weeks you will need to upgrade and if you go much higher you will find your progression rate is a lot slower.

Have a look through the forum, as Im sure theres a few tips for this very problem ;)

Offline circusboi

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 11:31:46 AM »
thankyou for your help got a bit worried for a moment! lets start bocking!!!!!!!!!!    :PJ1:  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 01:12:29 PM »
Hey mate,

welcome to the forum. M80's @12 stone is perfect. but there is no need to worry, as its normal for stiff springs to take a few goes to soften ( trust me i had m90's @ 11 stone :Claugh:  had no other choice but to downgrade) apart from weight its technique as well which comes with time and experience. again will require you do get on ur bocks. so its win win either way.

anymore questions just give us a shout!

Kiwi
:banana: