Author Topic: Size Help!!!  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Pacblu202

Size Help!!!
« on: May 14, 2009, 02:34:41 AM »
Hey everyone i saw these on a show called Time Warp (im un Usa) and i want some!!! Im 6ft 3 ish and weigh 145/150lbs which is about 65-70 kg what size of the Stilts should i get? thanks a bunch guys!!!
Happy Bocking!
Pacblu202
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:46:41 AM by Pacblu202 »

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
Re: Size Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 08:09:17 AM »
Hey there, welcome to the forum :)
By the sounds of it, I'd probably get m80 / m90 springs... but, probably m90 if you already have strong legs and stuff  :Csmile: In fact, i'd say get the m90 ones, as you are quite tall aswell, but someone correct me if i'm wrong :D

It's Cavemen vs. Gentlemen.
It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 09:17:42 AM »
I would go for m80 actually. Going to far over can slow progress. 10kg over is ideal initialy but once technique is good you can go higher. If you are getting poweriSers then i would say 70-90s. One more thing tho. If you do any other things like gymnastics/trampolining/parkour then the m90s might be better.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:14:04 PM »
As you're in america, you're gonna want to be looking at www.xphub.com or www.getjumpingstilts.com

You'll want either PoweriSer PR7090s, or PowerStrider M80s (PowerStriders are the same as ProJumps)

Offline Archy-G

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:42:48 PM »
I would go for m80 actually. Going to far over can slow progress. 10kg over is ideal initialy but once technique is good you can go higher. If you are getting poweriSers then i would say 70-90s. One more thing tho. If you do any other things like gymnastics/trampolining/parkour then the m90s might be better.

but once you get good you will have to buy 90s for £70 lol so i think its worth getting 90s and just talking a bit longer to learn btw how much willl it slow learning?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 08:58:43 PM »
depends how you take to it. If you take to it really well then going the one up will be a good thing. If you dont take to it well then the frustration of not being able to do it will probably force you to downgrade or give up altogether. Going 20kg higher will only be the right choice for a few people. For everybody else 10kg is plenty. And honestly, as soon as you bottom out you don't need to upgrade. It's just something to think about if you are doing it all of the time or find it easy. I would say once you start finding them really easy or whatever then start saving up.

Yes. Upgrading costs £70. It's a hard choice and downsides to both but really getting 10kg is better, everybody has to upgrade eventually. They stiffer ones may last longer but it will make learning harder. Bocking isn't the one off payment people think. The money goes far but bocks dont last forever. You need to change springs. Its does take some money to keep going.

archy. You really contradicted yourself in that post by giving advise and them asking a question about the point you made.

:spudT:

Offline Archy-G

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 09:18:22 PM »
depends how you take to it. If you take to it really well then going the one up will be a good thing. If you dont take to it well then the frustration of not being able to do it will probably force you to downgrade or give up altogether. Going 20kg higher will only be the right choice for a few people. For everybody else 10kg is plenty. And honestly, as soon as you bottom out you don't need to upgrade. It's just something to think about if you are doing it all of the time or find it easy. I would say once you start finding them really easy or whatever then start saving up.

Yes. Upgrading costs £70. It's a hard choice and downsides to both but really getting 10kg is better, everybody has to upgrade eventually. They stiffer ones may last longer but it will make learning harder. Bocking isn't the one off payment people think. The money goes far but bocks dont last forever. You need to change springs. Its does take some money to keep going.

archy. You really contradicted yourself in that post by giving advise and them asking a question about the point you made.

Yes i know sorry about that but im still trying to learn at the same time. maybe thats wrong...   :Cconfused:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »
Naa, it's not wrong. good you are helping actually. If you are not too sure about something tho it's best to ask or see what others put :)

Offline Pacblu202

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 04:21:39 AM »
Okay, Well i do alot of running in school im on track and cross country so i have the backround of the legs but im not the fastest really... if your catching my drift, im not fat or aynthing haha its just for some reason i get slower while others get faster... but yea so the 90's you think? and what the differnce between the powerisers and powerstriders?

and also is this a good site? http://www.air-trekkers.com/ thanks!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 04:24:36 AM by Pacblu202 »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 09:28:13 AM »
The links sprog gave you are probs the best. He knows his stuff. It's hard to say if things are any good unless you buy from them but I think sprog knows that the service of the others is good. The one you said might be fine. But I dont think anybody is in a postition to say it. What they are selling is genuine anyhoo.

I would still be tempted to say get the M80's. Bocking is more technique than brute force thats why things like trampolining and parkour help. There are already skills to be transfered. The muscles will help but it's not everything. I used to do lots of long distance running and cross country. It is more of an endurance thing apposed to lots of strength I think. You weigh 65-70kg. Thats at least 10 and possibly 15kg over. I think that is enough to begin with :)

Powerisers are made in korea. Powerstriders are made in china. Powerisers have different springs, I think they are stiffer than the powerstriders. The powerisers have been having some problems with the frame warping but that might be fixed by now. I think powerstriders are probably a bit ahead of the powerisers atm. They now come with the upgraded bindings and calf cuffs and stuff. They are the same as projumps. Sprog will know more about this :D

Offline Archy-G

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 05:15:20 PM »
Naa, it's not wrong. good you are helping actually. If you are not too sure about something tho it's best to ask or see what others put :)

Cheers

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 06:52:20 PM »
Powerisers are made in korea. Powerstriders are made in china. Powerisers have different springs, I think they are stiffer than the powerstriders. The powerisers have been having some problems with the frame warping but that might be fixed by now. I think powerstriders are probably a bit ahead of the powerisers atm. They now come with the upgraded bindings and calf cuffs and stuff. They are the same as projumps. Sprog will know more about this :D
Korea (but actually assembled in the phillipines) = HiTech & C, Co.
China = FlyingLocust/FlyJumper (Same company, seems to operate under 2 different names for some reason)

The Poweriser frame warping problem was fixed a while back Spud, they made a few changes to the construction and it sorted it out. Poweriser springs are fibreglass only, PowerStrider are a fibreglass/carbonfibre composite. Personally I'd say they're about equal in terms of build quality and lifetime. Other than that you're all cool Spud :P

AirTrekkers are the same as ProJump/PowerStrider/FlyingLocust/FlyJumper/etc/etc
AirTrekker as a company are regarded as a bit of a joke in the community as they attempted to rename the entire sport of PowerBocking to "AirTrekking" last year, under the argument "Skateboarding isn't named after the inventor - so why should this sport be either? Skateboarding you skate on a board, in this sport you Trek the Air - AIRTREKKING!". They pretty much realised their mistake after the massive community backlash against them :Claugh:
I can't remember anyone purchasing off them recently though, so I'd go with either of the two companies I linked to earlier.