Author Topic: Just a quick question that needs answering...  (Read 2273 times)

Offline CShaver

• That's me.
    • My Myspace
Just a quick question that needs answering...
« on: May 15, 2009, 06:10:35 PM »
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, so forgive me if this was posted elsewhere.

I live in Pennsylvania in the US, and I want to buy my stilts directly from this website. You guys have the best prices I've seen and I've been looking for these for months. I've figured out that the stilts on this site are only 240$ US before shipping. That's considerably less than the 400-600$ I've seen on other sites.

I'm a big guy, and I love trying new things, which is why these stilts jumped out at me. I weigh roughly 240lbs, which is 108.8Kg. I believe the 110Kg stilts won't be right for me, so I sent in one of those pre-order forms to request the 120Kg stilts. I haven't got any notification of it being received by the company, and no notice of when/if they will even be made. I am really hoping to get the stilts made for my weight so I can enjoy them for the summer. Does anyone know when or even if the company can help me out? I'm 100% positive I will be buying these things, and I would really like to go through this site. I've heard great things from them and I trust them, even without ever doing business with them before.

If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Corey

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: Just a quick question that needs answering...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »
I live in Pennsylvania in the US, and I want to buy my stilts directly from this website.
You can't. ProJump are only allowed to sell within the UK due to patent regulations. Sorry.

Your best bet in the US is www.getjumpingstilts.com or www.xphub.com

Offline Archy-G

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 06:39:26 PM »
Yes sporg is right you are going to have to buy your jumping stilts for another brand because of the patent. You could look on ebay from some second hand pro-jumps which can go prety cheap but be carful buying second hand stilts.

Offline CShaver

• That's me.
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:19:37 PM »
Thanks guys, It's ok. I just bought mine from Power Risers. I had to shell out an extra 50-60 dollars than what I was intending on spending, and I also had to settle for the regular stilts rather than the advanced ones with the calf cuffs and the better foot bindings, but oh well. I can't always have the best when I'm just starting something new.

*EDIT* Wow I'm an idiot at times. The brand name is Power Risers. I bought them off of www.xtremestilts.com as they had a pretty fair price of 325$ US with free shipping. Like I said they are the regular ones without the calf cuffs like I wanted and without the quick release bindings, but I'll have to deal with that I guess
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 07:26:12 PM by CShaver »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 07:58:12 PM »
The brand name is Power Risers. I bought them off of www.xtremestilts.com as they had a pretty fair price of 325$ US with free shipping.
Actually the brand name is PoweriSer :Ctongue:
£212 is a lot for basic riSers now, but then again I paid £250 for mine 3 years ago! Good luck with them, they're a good brand and will last you well :)

Offline CShaver

• That's me.
    • My Myspace
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 08:06:23 PM »
The brand name is Power Risers. I bought them off of www.xtremestilts.com as they had a pretty fair price of 325$ US with free shipping.
Actually the brand name is PoweriSer :Ctongue:
£212 is a lot for basic riSers now, but then again I paid £250 for mine 3 years ago! Good luck with them, they're a good brand and will last you well :)

HAHA I can never get it right  :Claugh:

Yeah it's really expensive over here for some reason. Probably because is so new to the US and not many people have them. Once the sport kicks up over here (and yes, I plan on starting a US team and bringing the sport to more popularity) I'm sure the price will drop, just like yours over there did. Cheers and good luck to all bockers!