Author Topic: EA Bockers at Xtremefest  (Read 15258 times)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
EA Bockers at Xtremefest
« on: May 19, 2009, 03:30:11 PM »
Hi Guys,
The EA Bockers have been invited to attend "Xtremefest". This is not an open meet. It's an opportunity for EA Bockers only.

"I organise an event in Felixstowe called Xtremefest which aims a sport and music festival. We have a range of activities people can try ranging from Windsurfing, to skateboarding and there is also a live music stage with local bands performing. This year we are having a demonstration area where we want to showcase different sports/activities people could try."

Xtremefest aims to:
Develop a sense of pride about where we live and what we can offer
visitors;
Promote alternative sports;
Give opportunities to watch and try new activities;
Provide an opportunity for local young bands to perform at an event;
Educate people about healthy living, safer communities; and beach
lifestyle.

The EA Bockers would be given an area to teach people to bock and also times during the day where we can perform in the main arena. It will be a great way to promote the group. All we need to do is say how much space we would need and turn up. We will be covered by the insurance the festival has although if we have our own it will be better but not having it wont stop us going.

I think the festival has a free entry but people have to pay a little to do the activities (such as bocking)

11 - 5pm on Sunday 26th July
Brackenbury Fort,
Golf Road,
Felixstowe,
IP11 9PJ

I will look into transport soon.

I'm not sure if this clashes with anything else planned in the bocking world but anyway...

A list of those interested
Spud
Bexx
Sarah
Greg
Hannah
Pip
Tim
Alex
culley

:spudT:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:14:30 PM by Spud »

Offline lynch

Re: EA Bockers at Xtremefest
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 04:05:56 PM »
can i be in the EA please

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 04:15:03 PM »
i would be interested  :Cbiggrin: sounds great

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 04:16:59 PM »

can i count as an EA ?   

Guess id understand if not  :Ccry:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 04:32:42 PM by Bexx »

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 04:54:39 PM »
sounds like a awesome opportunity but Me Carl and Rob will not be attending as we will be getting wammoed! in Czech republic!!!

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 05:53:33 PM »
put me and hannah down - if we can get their,
and possibly pip too!
Greg

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 06:13:28 PM »
can i be in the EA please

If it's free entry there's nothing stopping you from going. You just wouldn't be able to bock with EA in the arena. But I doubt the organisers ban anyone not from Norfolk from entering the festival itself. =)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 06:24:02 PM »
Wow! Great response from you guys :) Just so you guys kno anybody can turn up but this thread is about the EA's participation in the festival.

@Lynch, sorry mate. But as brendan said there would be nothing stopping you from comming along for the day.

@sarah, nice one. I will put you on the list of people interested

@paul, carl and rob. You lose!! Nah. Have fun, we will have to be ok without you, but it wont be the same  :Ccry:

@greg, I will put you lot all down :) Hopefully there is enough notice for you to sort transport

@brendan, spot on. Anybody can come this is just about the EAs involvement ;)

EDIT: lol I forgot bexx.

@bexx, you can come as part of the EAs. Just because you are a "floater" and have no primary group :)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 06:51:14 PM by Spud »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 06:59:39 PM »
Probably, depends if i randomly end being busy. Sounds good though, why not? =]

Have a look people at last years stuff btw... http://www.xtremefest.org.uk/home.html
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:06:20 PM by chocl8 »

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 07:33:37 PM »
yea will be gettin obliterated in the Czech so wont be there i think you should keep it strict to EA members tho dont have Honarays n stuff like that after the Epic bail performace from the Essex lot at there kite fest

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 09:09:06 PM »
yea will be gettin obliterated in the Czech so wont be there i think you should keep it strict to EA members tho dont have Honarays n stuff like that after the Epic bail performace from the Essex lot at there kite fest

What do you mean by "honarays" ?   

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 09:19:05 PM »
Honorary perhaps? =s
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:21:12 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 02:04:36 PM »

Maybe it just wouldnt be very fair if I went .......

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 05:08:49 PM »
i will try an find out if i can come is it w weekend thing ?

xx loz xx

Offline lynch

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 05:27:43 PM »

i helped out its not all of us

Offline Archie L

• EA Bocker
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
I would love to go, not sure if anything's planned on that day, but if not, Defo me :D

It's Cavemen vs. Gentlemen.
It's easier than it loo-
-ouch

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 05:32:47 PM »
Guys give the EA's some space please. They have worked hard to secure things like this and they deserve to have this for themselves.
I think even turning up as a random bocker is a bit stupid.

It's not a meet up, its a public event where the EA's have a public image to put out there.

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »
thanks locky :)

us ea's need a event for us again yes its ok doing events wiv outher groups but this is a un-bocked aira as far as i know so it would be good to hav new bockers that we can get to but hav ther own place thats uniqu to them learning it would be brill to hav loads of ppl ther but when we get a name for ourselves then we can hav lots of ppl at thease thing

xx
lozzi
xx

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 06:18:04 PM »
I didn't really want to post this publicly but since we have no forum of our own organizing it behind closed doors would be a nightmare. A real pain. So that is why I posted it publicly. I made it clear this was for EA Bockers only.

At the moment we are working really really hard to promote ourselves as a group. We have been doing tonnes of promotion all of the time. Handing out cards, getting banners made, attending sports fairs. It takes a lot of preparation and organization that you guys don't see. But anyhoo. We have put all of the energy in to make people aware of the group. I can honestly say that the majority of the emails we get are from people who have been handed a card/been on bocks/spoken to by somebody and has gone home and checked the site. I would say all of the emails but I can't prove it. But my point is there is nothing magical to it. Just us being out there.

So, what's my point. We have been working pretty hard these last few months and things are just about starting to pay off. We have done the work to get the events like this. Can we please go out and attend it, just for us. Just to promote ourselves. I just think it is fair that since we put all of the effort in we can go have a day which is just about us and if there are any benefits to going that we see all of it.

It may seem a little selfish but I assure you we just want to see the perks and rewards for all the effort put in.

Thanks very much Locky. It's not a meet up. It is just a day of group promotion in our area. There will be a lot of people coming and trying. That is actually the main focus of the event. And you are right, we do have our own image and energy. I'm proud of who we are and I think it would be good to show the EAs as they are as a group.

I hope this makes sense to people.

Offline 0o0matthew0o0

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 05:39:21 PM »
Could I come

You Dont Know Your Lumits Till You Have Pushed Them Too Far!

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 05:55:20 PM »
Could I come

Only fools taunt Mods...

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 06:35:15 PM »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »
It's not a meet up, its a public event where the EA's have a public image to put out there.

I made it clear this was for EA Bockers only....
I'm proud of who we are and I think it would be good to show the EAs as they are as a group.

Group: EsseXPowerBockers

Could I come

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
LMFAO sprog.

I don't wanna have to repeat myself. It's all been said. If anybody really really wants to go to the event then I can't stop you. You can come. But you will not be able to participate with the EAs, as part of the EAs ect ect. A couple of you guys seem really keen to go so whatever. I liked meeting the EBPs at rougham, i wouldnt mind meeting you again. But this is something different poss not the time and the place. this will be fair bit more formal. And I don't know why I am saying this stuff. Tbh, I said yeah people could come. But if you really had any respect you would let us be I think.

But there we go. Turn up for the day and do as you please.

Thanks for the great response. I will be getting back to the organizers shortly. It looks like we will have enough people to make it happen. All we have to do is tell them how much space we need for the day as it will be sectioned off. People will not be in the area we are getting people on the stilts without having signed a disclaimer. I don't think we will be responsible for that or collecting the monies people have to pay to do stuff at the festival. I will get that confirmed. I dont want us to have to do that so will push for people at the event to do it.

Had a request for camping. I don't think this will be available, we have not been offered it but since it is a way for us to all travel I will ask.

Just a reminder. If I have insurance sorted there will be norwich pride on the sunday.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 09:32:15 PM »
Sweet =]

Seeing as Carl and Paul and Rob will not be around. I have one space in my car. Special shotgun rules apply to the rear left hand seat....go!

The above statement does not guarentee anyone a space in my car....lol