Author Topic: Portsmouth 25th May Sunday  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Portsmouth 25th May Sunday
« on: May 23, 2009, 03:12:36 PM »
If you are at a loss for something to do on the bank holiday Monday. Why not try Portsmouth?

Loads of bock spots in both the city centre and on the sea front, you can even bock Nelson's last steps on earth before he was rowed out to the Victory and from there he sailed to Trafalgar.

The meet will start in the Guild Hall Square at 11. If peeps are comming by train and dont know the area, no probs, just pm me and Ill make sure some1 is at the station ( which is only 20-30 m from GHs).

From there we will more than likely head of to the 'Hot Walls' in old Portsmouth. This area features in one or two of Team 101's vids.

As for the weather, it looks like there will be a few spots later in the afternoon. By spots Im talking 0.6mm in a 3 hour period. With air temps as they are this will pretty much evaporate as soon as it touches the ground.

PM me if interested and Ill work out directions to free parking.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Portsmouth 25th May Sunday
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 06:33:31 PM »
Well 1st off biggest thanks to the weather. The rain that was supposed to dump on us in the afternoon turned up early, as the furthest west It had already finished and was drying up as i left bmth  but Tim in Petersfield and Will in Bognor  were not confident as they set off. Many of you thought 'arrggg no' ineed boo's mum wouldnt let her bring her stilts along ( fortunatly I had a spare pair in my car). But it all dried up nicely for a fab sunny day.

Next off big well done to Paul and sarah for comming from as far as Norfolk!

Next big thanks to all who helped Boo, yay she has finally cracked it.

Big thanks for all who came along , especially all the noobs. I counted 13 bockers and 3 ground crew and most had never been to a meet b4.

We all went away with hidious reminders of the day.....crimminally bad tan lines!!

I think between us we have some good pix un vids too. I got a couple of bails, unfortunatly not the best 1. Kally's, not just falling over, but falling over and  thendown a 45 degree slope!

I think about 1/2 of us will be meeting up again on Friday so u lot then. But I think its fair to say there will b a fair few more meets like this thru the summer.

Please other peeps come along, Ill often be bringing my crash mat along and barbis r a deff possibility.

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 06:40:16 PM »
Cheers for this Q i will deffinatly be coming back to portsmouth at some point over the summer hopefully for a bit longer :) it was worth the 6 hour round trip pitty we had to leave early but we had a awesome day =D

Offline timtom

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 06:55:13 PM »
Was a really good day!,

just brought some pads and wrist guards on ebay.. next time i fall over i'll be fine..!

Thanks for the guys who didn't leave me behind although i walked (on stilts) quite slow.. (i'm new!)

But thanks to all the guys who came anyway..!

oh.. and thanks to Boo for carrying my rucksack !

P.s.. Paul, you and Sarah are mad driving all the way from Norfolk just for the day!!,

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 07:35:14 PM »
:D sounds like you guys had fun without me, spent the entire day clearing my room...and it's still not quite to the hoovering stage  :Claugh: