Author Topic: Bought WAY outta weight range... will springs loosen?  (Read 17344 times)

Offline RicochetBNB

Re: Bought WAY outta weight range... will springs loosen?
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 04:58:15 AM »
When I was putting them on on the steps and when sitting on the steps my springs rub up against the brick.  Trying now to avoid that! 

I know what you mean.  I got a water bottle out of the bottom drawer of our fridge last weekend so I'm kinda there lol.  Also tried going to the potty with them on lol... not such a great idea in a small bathroom with things hanging on the walls hahahaha!  All I can do trying to get up off the ground is split and stick my butt up in the air, after that I'm stuck hehe. 

Once the grass is dry here, I plan on working on it some more!  Otherwise I will just have to put them on from a higher place so I can just stand up and hope I don't fall (yeah right  :Cwink:)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 09:55:17 AM »
Hahahahaha! Honestly, i'm talking from experience but if your a lass going to the loo on bocks is an epic fail. Did a portaloo at the kite fest lmao. Mega epic fail!

Thats also how most of us put bocks on. no point making the job harder than you need too :D I get off them by falling lol.

:spudT:

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 11:47:26 AM »
Yes it was an epic fail lol!  I either fall onto our steps or try to walk up the steps and go inside and take them off or I can sit on a car and take them off.  But normally I'm to tired to go anywhere so I just fall and take them off like you said lol. 

I read you are supposed to sort of practice falling to get over the fear.  When I tried the falling part for the first time, sorta forgot about my skateboard injury from about 7 months ago and fell catching myself with my left arm hurting my shoulder AGAIN (injured my shoulder in the skateboard mishap lol, also injured my neck since I flipped 3 times head first-but tilted, no helmet or pads lol)

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 12:50:40 PM »
I read you are supposed to sort of practice falling to get over the fear.  When I tried the falling part for the first time, sorta forgot about my skateboard injury from about 7 months ago and fell catching myself with my left arm hurting my shoulder AGAIN (injured my shoulder in the skateboard mishap lol, also injured my neck since I flipped 3 times head first-but tilted, no helmet or pads lol)

WOW -- your name really suits you then!  :Claugh:

I hate falling -- but its Inevitable with me .... i just cant stop doing it!  :Cswoon: so all i can do really is get padded up to my eyeballs 

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 06:11:20 AM »
Yep the name does fit lol.  I made it up for MySpace but had a friend say it suited me because I was all over the place.  Back and forth between what I like to do lol... so the name kinda stuck  :Cyes:!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 07:39:06 AM »
I might film how I get off my bocks. I do actually just fall (in a pretty controlled way) also, you can get up in other ways. I put one on, hop to a wall, lean on it and then put the other on. Nothing strange about the latter.

Don't stress about falling and what you should be doing according to stuff on here and other places. It's better to do what you want to and what you feel comfortable with :) Learning to get up and stuff like that can wait.

How close are you to new springs?

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 07:57:21 AM »
Im not very close now I don't guess, price is still to high to buy them right now I think... unless I go without food or gas for another week or so  :Ccry:!

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 04:40:42 AM »
Update!  Going without food for another week I guess because I ordered softer springs, they will ship out tomorrow (Monday) and I should have them the next day hopefully :Cbiggrin:!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 07:44:35 AM »
Thats great! Look forward to hearing how you find them :)

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 06:53:49 AM »
My 5070 springs are on da way!  In route through Fedex--delivery Tuesay (technically today really since Im on the East coast in the USA lol)... hopfully early!  Lucky for me I'm close to the XpHub hehe!  I like fixing things and working on stuff so hopefully I can take off the 90120's and put on the 5070's with ease lol!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 07:38:21 AM »
50-70s?

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2009, 09:28:27 AM »
PR5070 - from 110-166 lbs (weight of user)  or 50 to 70 kgs... I'm at around 68 kgs now so yeah I know if I try to go big NOW, esp. until I lose down to or near 115lbs (52 kgs) I will bottom out!

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2009, 10:03:10 PM »
 :Crealmad: :Crealmad: :Crealmad: :Crealmad: :Crealmad: :Crealmad: :Crealmad: :Crealmad: :Crealmad:

got the new springs... 4 hours later not even one is changed!  Finally got everything unbolted but the spring will not slide out of where it is supposed to slide out of!  took it to a bike shop, dude said he could probably do it but i would get them back NEXT tuesday NO WAY!  tried taking extra parts off... still can not slide the spring out, WTF?!!!!

Supposed to be so easy... my a$$!

I was wanting to use them today!!!!!!!! 

:Cfrown: :Cfrown: :Cfrown: :Cfrown: :Cfrown: :Cfrown: :Cfrown: :Cfrown: :Cfrown: :Cfrown:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2009, 10:16:06 PM »
Which part is stopping them/in the way?

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2009, 10:20:06 PM »
like the middle part... i have the spring all the way off... even disconnected the hoove bar or whatever.  that area in the middle it is freaking STUCK there and nothing else to loosen or take apart?!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 10:26:27 PM »
Powerisers have a metal part between the hoof part now right? Like 7's? Um..I am probably wrong but it seems logical that they would after problems with the old gen frames...hmmm *think* can you take a picture. It shouldn't get stuck. Besides. It was put in there at some point.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 10:36:04 PM »
Powerisers have a metal part between the hoof part now right? Like 7's? Um..I am probably wrong but it seems logical that they would after problems with the old gen frames...
Not as far as I'm aware Spud, but I haven't seen a stock pair of riSers since February. I know the american guys made their own block spacers to go into the gap where the 7's have the bar across the top.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2009, 10:44:24 PM »
Powerisers have a metal part between the hoof part now right? Like 7's? Um..I am probably wrong but it seems logical that they would after problems with the old gen frames...
Not as far as I'm aware Spud, but I haven't seen a stock pair of riSers since February. I know the american guys made their own block spacers to go into the gap where the 7's have the bar across the top.
Hmm...I was only guestimating. I just cant understand why.

Take the whole hoof off. Look at Jason's tutorial and ignore the bit sprog said and take the whole thing off (sorry sprog, your way does work and I have to do it for one bock lol)

Jason's tutorial:
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3302

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2009, 10:57:20 PM »
I did take the hoove bar off!  still nothing... there is still a metal piece that is not removable. It's just supposed to slide out from under it but the protect rubber is pushed down in there as well and then plastic pieces behind and on over the unremovable metal bar that the screw goes into for the hoove bar to attach.  I don't have them with me now.  they are at my moms.  if they were here id probably throw them threw the window lol!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2009, 11:53:47 PM »
I dont fully understand what you mean. I think it wouls help to take some pics and poss label them too. Not sure what parts you are refering too. If spacers are in the way it maybe possible to take them out but if you have taken all the bolts and brackets off that you need to it should be fine :/

Offline XS

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 01:22:11 AM »
the metal tube holding down the plastic spacer will side out, they can be pretty stiff just tap it a few times.

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 06:21:30 AM »
the metal tube holding down the plastic spacer will side out, they can be pretty stiff just tap it a few times.

So like where the screw goes through to hold on the hoove bars the metal tube that is in there with the plastic caps around it... I pop that out?  Will it go back together easily? 

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 08:23:26 AM »
We so need easy namea for bock parts. Xs is exactly right. I assumed that was off already. Take it of that metal tube and anything that goes between that joint off. Its the harder of the 3 to put back but only because of the washers. Bit fiddly.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 09:42:26 PM »
I think I understand what you problem is Ricochet

To get the spring out of the hoof you need to remove the metal bracket that attaches the bottom of the spring to the bottom of the hoof

It is awkward but you can lift the spring a bit away from the hoof just enough to get a spanner on the nuts under the spring
Once you get the bolts out you can then wriggle the spring out

If you can't get the bracket off then go for the methoud Spud just suggested

You push on one end of the metal tube that runs through the top of the hoof and is should slide out (does take a bit of effort if they are newish)

Then you have to get one of the bushes out I find that sliding a blunt knife (like a butter knife) under the edge and slowly working round untill it comes out

Do the same on the other one and then the tube in the middle will come loose

It all goes back a lot easier than it came apart

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 04:57:12 AM »
I figured out to pry the spring up away from the hoove to remove the bolts (lucky I did not leave it at the bike shop as he was going to use a mallet to knock off the hoove pads!), but the spring would STILL not slide out.  Two people trying and it would still not budge.  

So the metal tube in the middle (at work can't upload the pic to a hosting site) with the plastic spacer type piece had to be removed.  On neither stilt would it go back together with the spacer back in place so the plastic piece had to be scr***ed unfortunatly.  Also at the top, the spring house normally has a washer on the inside on both sides well we could not get the housing to slide back on with them in place so we just stuck them on the outside and now they are together.  Also one small washer ended up missing so one stilt is a little lighter I guess now lol just kidding  :Cwink:!

It was very frustrating though and I DO NOT get how folks say it's easy.  Trekkers must be easier to take apart because in the video I watched of spring changing (only one I could find) he unbolted the housing at the top and bottom and the spring slid right out!!??!!!

I guess I have to get used to them all over again too now because they are wobbler feeling and I can't run for crap on them now haha but I can FINALLY JUMP...some  :Cwink:!  Was only on them for about 10 minutes but even had my first fall (caught on tape, but the lense was fogged over unfortunatly :'(... can still upload if anyone wants me too lol.) but I'm sure there will be many more... I'm gonna use a foam pool noodle and tape to make me a butt pad for now haha!  

Oh and also asked the bike shop guy, like the owner I think, if they had any tires they threw out and he said no... so that didn't work out... so taped the new springs too lol!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:14:19 AM by RicochetBNB »