Author Topic: Bought WAY outta weight range... will springs loosen?  (Read 17345 times)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Bought WAY outta weight range... will springs loosen?
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 07:31:58 AM »
If your bocks now wobble or click it will be because of the spacer. That middle bolt and metal tube is the hardest thing to get back. I have to like put a screwdriver through it and push down hard to get the bushings to fit in (well, with the heavier springs anyway). It would be possible to get the spacer back but it isn't easy. About the washers, that too is pretty fiddly and seems like they dont wanna go in but if you get the edges of the washer in you can sorta wiggle them in. It does all work. Again, not easy. They don't fall back together. That is why some people choose to slide it out I guess. But, if you have read the topic I gave you, and ignored the bit sprog said as I mentioned you would have known stuff before but hey ho.

I don't think trekkers/projumps are easier or whatever. My first set took me about 5 hours or something stupid. Much frustration. But once you have done it it gets easier. I can now do a set in an hour and a half including a cuppa between springs :D

Glad you taped the springs ;)

Out of curiosity, why did you choose the 50-70's when everybody previously said to get 70-90's? I fear these may be a little soft for you. As you said with running, its weird. I find it much harder to run on soft springs. Will be good for learning but I think what you will find is that you will need to upgrade once more to 70-90s later on :/ Even if you lose weight the chances are that the springs will not be at their best by that time and will probably be well worn in :/

:spudT:

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2009, 05:18:54 PM »
I will probably try at a later time to get someone more abled possibly to put the plastic spacers back in.  

Glad I taped them too!  When I fell for the first time they got stuck together!!  

it's fogged but this is the video of it... can't tell much but it's funny haha... Im a dork!  

Probably because I'm dumb  :Cmask:?  I dunno?  

***BTW if any of you have added me on MySpace and I deleted you please let me know.  I do adds for apps then delete them, so unless you tell me you are from here I will just try to add you for apps then delete you LOL!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:20:34 PM by RicochetBNB »

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2009, 05:26:18 PM »

Try throwing your arms in unisen with your jumps ... like throw them up and pull your weight with them when u do .. this will help on getting some height .... I had to work with getting into the habit of doing this ---

Think of it like when you swing on a swing --- you pump your legs in and out and lean forward to get higher and higher each time ....

At least you are using your arms some, I just kept mine stuck to my sides when i first started. you just need to get them working together  :Cwink:

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2009, 05:34:10 PM »
Also, when you jump you lift your knees up. Try to keep your legs straight, at least initially, you are lifting your knees before the springs has given out all the energy, which means instead of pushing you up they are just pushing your knees up so for now try to keep your legs straight. Not so straight that you injure yourself tho. Just try not to bend you knees. When you get better and get some height you will have the time to bend your knees after the spring has released its energy. Some people do it, some people don't. Makes little difference. It's the landing and take off that is important. And as bexx said, using your arms helps loads when you get the timing right ;)

:spudT:

Offline XS

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2009, 05:53:33 PM »
Don't bock without those black spacer for long you'll trash your stilts.  The reason they're hard to put in is cause they stop the frame from wobbling, they've got to be tight to do that.  Til you get them back in you're doing extra damage to the spring and the frame.

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2009, 04:58:24 AM »
Thanks for the advice.  Also yeah I want the spacers back in, I just have to find someone who maybe has enougth strength/patience/know how to do it!

Offline XS

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2009, 03:44:20 PM »
get to CB and i'll put them in

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2009, 08:57:34 AM »
Thanks XS lol!  Still no one has been around that could help with the spacers so I have not used my bocks since my last video.  That and the fact that I SUCK on them  :frownS: