Author Topic: Random Bocking in Lingwood- worst place ever but it's home  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Random Bocking in Lingwood- worst place ever but it's home

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1552

This is a totally random vid of me bocking real locally. Filmed over quite a while. I used to use the camera to see what I was doing wrong so i decided to edit it and now I take the cam out more.

Anybody who knows me will sorta see this is from where I began to put some effort in. Before I didn't bock loads and loads or really try much but from about the start of this I did. I sucked even more before lol.

Started on a set of carbon m70's (almost 80's) until I broke them. Switched to M90's for like..I duno, 30 mins coz I didn't like them then went on to T-rex. The juniors were a total laugh.

Probs the first bocking vid of mine. Should have probably put some effort in lol but meh. Would rather be bocking lol. I'm starting to progress pretty fast as I put more time in. This stuff is out of date but hey ho.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
Re: Random Bocking in Lingwood- worst place ever but it's home
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »
Smooth at the end :D, and yay for T-rex's..makes me feel like editting some videos really, but first exam tomorrow.... :(

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 02:51:41 PM »
I thought that clip was pretty funny lol. And I am likeing the T-rex. Not sure of I get anymore height but the noticeable difference is that it takes less bounces to get good tricking height :)

Good luck with the exams and edit some vids after ;)

:spudT:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 02:55:11 PM »
I think I actually saw you the other day Spud. I was in Norwich for a job (very last minute otherwise I'd have said something before I left) and I saw you bouncing around in the moat. I was about to come over and say hey when I realised I was really late to meet someone ...and by the time I got back you were gone.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 03:03:26 PM »
I think I actually saw you the other day Spud. I was in Norwich for a job (very last minute otherwise I'd have said something before I left) and I saw you bouncing around in the moat. I was about to come over and say hey when I realised I was really late to meet someone ...and by the time I got back you were gone.

Was it last sat? I was there then for a bit. With sarah and my sis for an hour then on my own. Went and bocked other places after. Shout if you come down again :)

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 05:18:37 PM »
Erm... yes, yes it was Saturday. I only saw you and I guess Sarah.

I will definitely let you know next time I'm coming. This time was reeeaaally short notice.
I got a call saying can you be in Norwich tomorrow night. So I packed my bags and left.

I'd love to come again this Summer, but it's £50 to get there... so I doubt I will.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 07:30:21 PM »
That would have been us then :) Just shout if you are comming back randomly. It is way out for you tho lol. And £50 is more than I would pay for a meet lol.

Offline Donkey Kong

• EA Bocker
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 01:01:34 AM »
juniors look fun, also, whats the awsome song called!

sex and drugs and sausage rolls! :D:D

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 07:32:38 AM »

Was it last sat? I was there then for a bit. With sarah and my sis for an hour then on my own. Went and bocked other places after. Shout if you come down again :)

Have you got your sis on a pair of stilts yet or don't you think the worlds ready for "SPUD 2 " LOL
I think a static camera makes your running look much faster that a tracking shot ( running in to and out of shot ).
Your moaning about not much to jump off, I do even have that and what I have got is uneven. I've never jump off that platform at the moat but next time we are there I'll do it :)
The two little girls where funny and what's with the random ducks clip, cute but very random LOL.

Neo Birmingham is 120 miles from me but I'd love to meet up more often if I could, there's some great places to bock ! Maybe get some of the other groups to meet up there !  :Dark_Knight:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 09:01:33 AM »
This should answer you question about my sis. She seems to have lost interest tho.

Yeah, you are probs right about the running but it's still not slow :D

There isn't actually anything to jump onto or vault. I am gonna have ago at the kissing gates later but i'm thinking epic fail.

The best thing about where I live is the duck pond lol. I filmed that when I was out one day. I love them lol. There was 1 alesbury duck last year. Now we have white mallard shaped ducks! I bock by there alot because the road is quiet because its just a road for people to get to houses. You can bypass that road. By St.peters church is good too (we have like 4 churches nearby) and there is this cool bit of concrete on a farm which i am thinking of using when the farmer isn't there :D But nothing is flat. But it doesn't matter now because my springs are not even anyway :D

The norwich platform is good because it's on the huh so you can jump down the bigger drop in stages.

juniors look fun, also, whats the awsome song called!

Juniors are wicked fun! A right laugh ;) The song is by sigur ros and is called gobbledigook or something like that :D