Author Topic: what size for me  (Read 1896 times)

Offline earlybird124

what size for me
« on: May 31, 2009, 05:40:29 PM »
 Hi there I recently found out about bocking and I want to get a pair I weigh 63kg so will the 70's be ok or should I go for the 80's bearing in mind I want to loose a bit of weight as well.I have ordered knee elbow and wrist pads also a skate helmet is there anything else I should be getting or any advice for a first timer would be great thanks  :Cbiggrin:

Dark Knight

Re: what size for me
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »
I think you got the basics covered reading the forums help topic while you wait for you stilts would be a good idea :)

you say your 63kg so 80's would still be fine for you just a little harder to learn to bounce, you say you want to lose some weight well bocking will help get you fit.

It great that your got the safety gear sorted out and included an helmet, but on the whole most of us don't wear them ( maybe we should ? ). I never leave home without wrist gaurds on :)

But the best advice is find fellow bockers near by to bock with and learn from  :Csmile:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 08:13:29 PM »
you want to lose weight at 63kg??? you're crazy  :Claugh:

80s will be fine, assuming you're gonna stick with it for more than a week, is a little hard at first

where are you? need to be put in a local group XD

Offline earlybird124

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »
Hi I'm in Stockton on tees don't think there are any groups about locally but I'm defo going to stick with it once I get my pro jumps thanks for the advice your stars