Author Topic: Are powerisers and pro jumpers  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Bocker Addict

Are powerisers and pro jumpers
« on: June 07, 2009, 11:16:56 AM »
im new to the bocking world and have been researching which bocks to buy. ive looked at most leading brands and found that powerisers (supposedly the best "cheaper" bocks) look exactly the same as pro jumpers bar the hoof colour. Are poweriser and pro jumpers the same? and if so why are pro jumper cheaper than them? :PJ1: :PJL:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: Are powerisers and pro jumpers
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 11:22:02 AM »
powerisers are the korean brand, first brand to go global/whatever, pro-jumps are a flying locust brand, from china, some say risers are better, other PJs, it's all personal opinion really, though riser springs are generally stiffer than PJ ones, but unless you're at the top of thr range (120kg ish) then it shouldn't be a deciding factor when choosing

if you're just starting out pro-jumps are probably the better choice, first they're cheap for what you get(a fully working pair of stilts, that despite the low price are quite high quality), and the customer service/spares etc is extremely good :D

Offline Bocker Addict

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 11:25:13 AM »
 Thanx for replying so  quickly!
but how come the powerisers and projumpers look almost exactly the same? surly the companies would dispute about this, unless one company produced both pairs.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 11:29:53 AM »
well i'm stuck in a campervan cause it's raining too hard to bock  :Claugh:

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1055.0

read that, then return

Offline Bocker Addict

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 11:40:14 AM »
poor you!
Thanx for the link, it explains a lot lol. ive heard that when you are buying pro jumpers then you should buy 10 kg above your actual weight. But on other sites it says to get 20 kg above your actual weight Whichis right? Im a teenager so will probably gain weight soon but i dont want to buy 10 kg above by weight the gain 10 kg and be stuck with bocks that wont go as high. Im skinny and weigh exactly 50 kg (8stone) should i get 20 kg above my weight?
     Appeciate your help by the way :Csmile:!

Offline bockster

• born 2 bounce lol
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 05:26:53 PM »
im 43 kg, and im gonna get adult m60's , as ur 50kg, id get m60s... otherwise itl be mega hard to bounce :P havent gotten em yet, but this has been said to me :d
my sig :D

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 11:31:38 PM »
it all depends on your backround so like do u do eny extreem sports or things like parkour or gymnastics etc and are you planing on gaining weight or just think it will happen

if you do have a backround of the type of things iv sujested then go for 20kg but if you dont and just fell like giving it a go then go for 10kg as i personly have a backround of tricking and gymnastics i went for what projump sujested wich was 10 kg and after about a week i was botoming my 70's out so i had to spend £80 on getting 90kg springs so it all depends on what your like

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 01:47:14 AM »
You do not say how old you are. This is important because of your growth and consequent weight gain.

All young people grow quickly from 12/13 to about18 then grow more slowly to the age of 21.

If you are in the U16 age group I would suggest going 20kg above your weight as you will both gain technique and weight as you get better and grow.

If you are over 18 then the choice is yours, I had the same problem as Gregg after about 6 months so would always suggest higher weighted (stiffer) springs.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 11:18:11 PM »
Im growing like crazy and am currently about 6'4 and about weight about 12 can you sujest a wieght for me,

any help will be appreciated  :Csmile:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 12:11:36 AM »
I would give a full explanation but Darf's covered the major points so frankly I can't be assed. Plus my current brand differences writeup is about 18 months out of date as I lost the most recent one when x-bocks went down.