Author Topic: What size to buy?!  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Bocker Addict

What size to buy?!
« on: June 09, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »
IM 14 and weigh exactly 50 kg so i think perfect ill get the M60s as you're supposed to buy 10kgs up. But what happens when i get to 60 kg and start bottoming out i want them to last a while. Should i get the M70s? I here you go higher on them but they are stiff when you first get them ( if your 20 kgs under them)
Or should i buy the M60s probably be able to use them almost straight away but will bottom out in probably less than a year? I have a good sense of balance and will probably get quite good at bocking straight away. What do i do?
 Oh and soz about not starting a new thread ppl have pointin gthis out to me but i dunno how to do it :Cconfused: soz lol
help is reall y appreciated. :Cbiggrin: :Becky:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: What size to buy?!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 08:21:50 PM »
All depends on how fit you are

If you are the average couch potato looking to get fit 10 Kg above is OK and you will probably be fine on them untill you wear the springs out anyway

If you are fairly fit (find a building with 5 floors and run up the stairs) if you make it without stopping your fairly fit you can then probably go for either 10 or 20 kg

Remember though that you are at the bottom of the weights so for you 10 Kg is 1/5th of your body weight and 20 Kg is 2/5ths
People that are in the higher range say 100 kg are only going up 1/5th by going 20Kg up so you might think about it that way instead

Now if you are super fit (can flip on your feet and run up the 5 flights of stairs while giving a mate a piggyback  :Claugh:) you can go as high as you like but try some first

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 06:34:33 AM »
....Now if you are super fit (can flip on your feet and run up the 5 flights of stairs while giving a mate a piggyback  :Claugh:) you can go as high as you like but try some first

hahaha that would make a good YouTube video lol!  I'm around 70kg (a little under) and not in shape at all!  I was told about the going higher with the tougher springs too so I bought Poweriser advanced 90120's roughly 90-121kg... like a week or so later I have already had to fork out the extra cash and went for the softest 50-70kg (planning on losing a lot of weight really soon like down to between 52-59kg!)

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:23:34 AM »
Now if you are super fit (can flip on your feet and run up the 5 flights of stairs while giving a mate a piggyback  :Claugh:) you can go as high as you like but try some first

dont you mean that you would be a super hero to do that  :Ctongue:  :Cyes:

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 07:46:29 AM »

I could do that ! Not that hard when most of my mate are half my size !
And for me it's not as high as I like, it's as high as I can go :(

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 09:46:47 PM »
Toddy I once won £10 (when £10 was worth something  :Claugh:) had a bet that I could get 2 bags of cement to the top of a 4 floor building before another guy could

He set off at a run with a bag on his back and boy could he run

But you should have seen his face as he passed me on the second floor going down and saw me staggering up the stairs with 2 bags on my back  :Claugh:

He new he was beat  :Claugh: