Author Topic: Beach Sports Festival  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Beach Sports Festival
« on: June 21, 2009, 07:09:41 AM »
 Hi guys  this jumped into the JJ's lap last week and I thought some of you might be interested in comming along, dare I say it , as an 'end of summer' event.

Ive mentioned before here that a £1.5M surf reef is being built in Bournemmouth and this event is being built around it. There are also loads of 'bock spots' in the area ( ill try and get some pix up soon). Not least, just in land, a really good sk8 park, concrete with full 1/2 pipe.

Beach Sports Festival
« on: June 19, 2009, 11:05:59 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>

Hello you bockers!

My name is Jane Kelly.  I met Quentin in Boscombe Chine Gardens one day this week on his way to give a bocking demo by Boscombe Pier.

I have several hats - I am Vice Chair of 'Inspieration' Friends of Boscombe Pier, Treasurer of The Friends of Boscombe Chine Gardens, and a member of the Bournemouth Citizens Advice Bureau Fundraising Committee, as well as a Tree Warden (which is not important at this point!)

My reason for emailing you, and the event that I talked briefly to Quentin about as he was in a hurry, is to ask if your group would be interested in coming and bocking at an enormous Beach Sports Festival.  This will be held on Saturday 26th September 2009, on the beach in front of the surf reef from groynes 23 to 26.  We are having beach volleyball matches, tag rugby, surf lessons etc, and also lots of other attractions such as Circus Skills workshops, Music and DJ'ing workshops, craft stalls and other children's entertainments.  There will also be a barbeque and fruit smoothy sales going on.

We think that you would create a fantastic attraction, and possibly could do some 'classes' for young people (and maybe oldish ones, too, lets not be ageist about this) so that they could 'have a go' at this exciting sport/activity.

I would be grateful if you could indicate your interest in this event, it will be very high profile as it is a joint event, first and foremost to raise funds for CAB Bournemouth, but in conjunction with Bournemouth Borough Council to thank everyone for putting up with the disruption caused by the building/renovating etc works going on in Boscombe Pier area.  CAB is one of the Mayor's charities this year as they are obviously very much needed in our financial climate at present, so several dignitaries will be present, many children and young people from local youth groups and schools, and any stray holiday makers!  Given a bit of sunshine it will be an enjoyable and fun-packed day!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Best wishes

Jane Kelly

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Beach Sports Festival
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 05:41:53 PM »
Sounds good Q

Might be the reason I need to finaly come and visit

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 07:28:04 PM »
That would be good.  I hope to get some 'crash mat training' vid up soon too , that may well make u wanna try pompy

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 04:29:02 PM »
that may well make u wanna try pompy

WTF is 'pompy' ?

sounds like fun to me!  :Cbiggrin: (not the pompy, just in general)

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline Tok

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 05:15:07 PM »
Pompy is a nickname for Portmouth ;)

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 09:16:08 AM »
Pompy is a nickname for Portmouth ;)

aaahhhhhhh! ok --- 'pompy' just sounded a bit naughty to me .... meh.....prob just me     :Crolleyes:

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 12:52:01 PM »
well this looks good count me in i be there in Pompy for this,,hows that arm of yours now tok :Straddle5:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 12:57:12 PM »
Its not in pompy doh hehe.

Just down coast in bournemouth :o)

But be good to have you here