Author Topic: 7 league boots S-Rex  (Read 4904 times)

Offline MyNameDarren

7 league boots S-Rex
« on: June 25, 2009, 03:45:56 AM »
Hey folks,

Ok let me through this at you...im a male wieghing about 17st and a total beginner.  Im interested in these bocks.  Can anyone list the good and bad points comparing to my weight etc.

meaning: bottom out? full use of springs? hieght? something along those lines...

thanks

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
Re: 7 league boots S-Rex
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 09:19:05 AM »

I was told that for a beginner, Pro-jumps are better to start with then 7 leagues.

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 09:39:49 AM »
well PJs are less than half the price of S-rexes now, so if you've never bocked before, and don't know if you'll like it/stick with it, then it's not worth spending that much

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 10:21:56 AM »
I was told that for a beginner, Pro-jumps are better to start with then 7 leagues.
Only because they're cheaper :Ctongue:

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 10:41:28 AM »
I was going to say the same thing about price vs not knowing if you will love the sport!  I would love to have a pair of 7's myself but they cost a lot PLUS I'm in the USA so it would be even more expensive for me because of shipping charges.  I went with Powerisers but went with the advice of buy two above your weight class esp. if you want to jump higher (advice more for the Chinese made brands)!  Not good advice, at least not for me anyways!  I bought the 90120's when I should have gotten the 5070's or at the MAX the 7090's!  I went on a lot of bad advice before I came across this board and really looked into things.  So like 2 weeks later I had to turn around and pay to buy new springs, I went with the 5070's, even though I was told to go with the 7090's on here lol.  I am SO UNathletic that's why I went ahead and bought in my weight class (even though I'm at the top of it right now  :Cno:).  I figure if I ever get good enough to jump high/flip/do tricks I still have my 90120's I can go back to but for now I suck so I'll just stick with my 5070's lol!

Also I hear the springs are softer on 7's which is good in the beginning in my eyes because you wouldn't have to break them in as much and can get to jumping high quicker... but I would think that would equal bottoming out quicker as well.  I could be wrong though as I'm a newbie for one and for two have never been on 7's only risers.  

As for weight class the S-Rex says it's for 90-110kg which is roughly 14-17st if the internet converter is correct lol???  So you would be right at the top of the weight class and would probably be bottoming out pretty soon, esp. if the springs on 7's are softer and if you are athletic?  

The S-Rex Pro is for 90-120kg (14-almost 19st) so maybe look at that one if you have to have 7's.

Pro-Jumps (Chinese made) come in these weight classes:

60kg - 9.44 Stones    
70kg - 11.02 Stones    
80kg - 12.59 Stones    
90kg - 14.17 Stones    
100kg - 15.74 Stones    
110kg - 17.32 Stones    
120kg - 18.88 Stones

...and are A LOT cheaper!  £135.00 vs. £298.00 for the 7's (£270.00 if you don't go for the new version with the calf cuff) - But then again currently Pro-Jumps don't have calf cuffs or the upgraded bindings so if you wanted them you would have to add £48.99... still cheaper but extra work.  

PoweriSers (Korean made) - NOT PoweriZers (Chinese made) *7's are made in Austria, Europe* if you didn't already know all that lol come in these weight classes:

PR5070- 50-70kg (110-160lbs/ 8-11 Stones)
PR7090- 70-90kg (160-200lbs/ 11-14 Stones)
PR90120- 90-120kg (200-265lbs/ 14-19 Stones)

... priced at around £199.95 with calf cuff and upgraded binding.

Just some things to consider before saying "YES I WANT 7'S"  :Cwink:!  But since I'm in the USA I'm not sure which brands would be easier for you to get in Ireland?

Off topic but if all goes well I could be cast/crew on a movie that would be shot in Ireland  :Cbiggrin:!  Probably won't be any time soon, and not a definate, but still I'm excited about it  :Claugh:!

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 11:41:12 AM »
Also I hear the springs are softer on 7's which is good in the beginning in my eyes because you wouldn't have to break them in as much and can get to jumping high quicker... but I would think that would equal bottoming out quicker as well.  I could be wrong though as I'm a newbie for one and for two have never been on 7's only risers.
Yeah, 7's springs are softer, but they also become stiff towards the bottom, so it takes a lot of power to bottom them out fully. This makes them easy to activate, but also means they last quite a while. Their entire nature is quite different to PJ and Riser Springs, which seem to be initially stiff before becoming softer at the bottom, meaning once you get past that stiff section it's easy to bottom them.

PoweriSers (Korean made) - NOT PoweriZers (Chinese made) *7's are made in Austria, Europe*
Actually riSers are made in the Phillipines, just the company is based in Korea ;D 7's parts are made in China and Africa then assembled in Austria. :P

Personally, for a beginner with no idea if they will enjoy the sport, I would suggest baseline ProJumps. At 107.9 kg, you will need M110s, which are for 110-120kg. :)

Offline MyNameDarren

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 12:23:02 PM »
I wasn't to bothered about the price of the 7's, if the product is better in opinion to other products then I am happy to pay the money lol.  I'm thinking sticking to my 7 s-rex pro but i did have a good look at the powerisers PR90120.

cheers folks :Cbiggrin:

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 06:23:15 AM »
Thanks for the corrections Sprog... how you find out all the other stuff about where they are made?  I was going by this site:  http://jsbrands.wz.cz/ -- although I do know it's not the BEST site lol. 

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 11:34:28 AM »
Thanks for the corrections Sprog... how you find out all the other stuff about where they are made?  I was going by this site:  http://jsbrands.wz.cz/ -- although I do know it's not the BEST site lol. 
By asking the manufacturers :D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 10:24:56 PM »

Yeah, 7's springs are softer, but they also become stiff towards the bottom, so it takes a lot of power to bottom them out fully. This makes them easy to activate, but also means they last quite a while. Their entire nature is quite different to PJ and Riser Springs, which seem to be initially stiff before becoming softer at the bottom, meaning once you get past that stiff section it's easy to bottom them.

Sprog you just called me "Very Powerful" by default there mate  :Claugh:  at least I must be if I can bottom them on every jump (Fat comments will result in horrid things happening to you  :Claugh: )

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: