Author Topic: just jumping  (Read 6248 times)

Offline dave1234

just jumping
« on: September 01, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »
its weried how ive had mine for two weeks now loving them always yet i can run fairly fast and like hop quite high yet i cant stand stilla dn jump on two legs without feeling damn unsafe:(:(:( anytips?

Offline l7ttledevil

• Would u like to stroke my tash?
Re: just jumping
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 08:13:07 PM »
oh i find jumping up and down on the spot easier than jumping with forward momentum which scares me alot lol cos u fly very fast towards the floor and u bounce up again lol.

i just started jumping not very high at all and just practising controlling the landings. put ur weight on ur heels too.

Ben

Offline Lukey

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 11:39:59 AM »
its weried how ive had mine for two weeks now loving them always yet i can run fairly fast and like hop quite high yet i cant stand stilla dn jump on two legs without feeling damn unsafe:(:(:( anytips?

You cant stand still on these as you dont have enough contact with the floor. Thats to say that with shoes you've got maybe a foot's worth of contact so your center of gravity is distributed. However, on PR's you've got what, an inch or two, therefor you're centre of gravity is nigh-on impossible to maintain.

olliestev

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 04:31:22 PM »
You cant stand still on these as you dont have enough contact with the floor. Thats to say that with shoes you've got maybe a foot's worth of contact so your center of gravity is distributed. However, on PR's you've got what, an inch or two, therefor you're centre of gravity is nigh-on impossible to maintain.

what about when you stand on tip toes i can stand stilll on my toes and they cant be that much bigger

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 04:46:30 PM »

what about when you stand on tip toes i can stand stilll on my toes and they cant be that much bigger

yeah and ballerinas manage to stand en pointe and balance...... I think its all about the way you hold yourself upright

Offline shadowfax

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 12:26:40 PM »
I've just got back on my pro's today after an ankle operation, its so weird before the op I couldnt find it in myself to jump with both feet, but after 5 mins of gaining the balance back after 2 months of non bouncing, I starting jumping! yay meeeeee! lol  ;D

Offline Lukey

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 12:52:24 AM »
Easy does it yeah? Dont burn yourself out so soon after surgery!!

Offline magzzie

• A little taste of the Bocker within
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 07:58:23 PM »
i cant jump cos i nearly always fall of any tips ???

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 04:29:06 PM »
Its just practice practice practice!
When i started i found kanga jumping extremly unstable, but with lots of practice you get used to it.
If you want to practise find a lampost and hold onto that and just get used to balance.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 04:50:30 PM »
As athoul says just keep practising.  But it isnt just an abiltiy thing ( we are just talking jumping no big thing in itself). There is a mental thing. Now you will see vids on here of people doing just amazing things. Just cos you ( and me) cant do them does not make us freaks wimps or failures. Some can just go jump of a 10 foot wall jump up 6 or 7 steps. Others just cant, the brain doesnt let them.  You have to prove to your head you can do it.

I met up with a mate yesterday. He has stolen a march on me and has done 'flips' , well 2 onto matts to be exact. But he cant 'jump up'. Now im not good but he was balking at 1 step ---but he can flip goddamn it!!! He can do amazing things but not simple things.

So what to do, well you know jumping is simple ( tho u cant do it at the mo). So go look at the vids and pix here, brake them down, then go practice each bit. Best if you have a fellow projumper with you , but failing video yourself if you can  or jump infront of shop windows

Offline jump-up

• " I belive i can flye "
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 08:20:35 PM »
As athoul says just keep practising.  But it isnt just an abiltiy thing ( we are just talking jumping no big thing in itself). There is a mental thing. Now you will see vids on here of people doing just amazing things. Just cos you ( and me) cant do them does not make us freaks wimps or failures. Some can just go jump of a 10 foot wall jump up 6 or 7 steps. Others just cant, the brain doesnt let them.  You have to prove to your head you can do it.

I met up with a mate yesterday. He has stolen a march on me and has done 'flips' , well 2 onto matts to be exact. But he cant 'jump up'. Now im not good but he was balking at 1 step ---but he can flip goddamn it!!! He can do amazing things but not simple things.

So what to do, well you know jumping is simple ( tho u cant do it at the mo). So go look at the vids and pix here, brake them down, then go practice each bit. Best if you have a fellow projumper with you , but failing video yourself if you can  or jump infront of shop windows

Thats have to be the best tip ive ever seen it rely helped me alot!!

Offline muesli

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 09:37:05 PM »
i cant jump cos i nearly always fall of any tips ???
you cant jump lol what do u do in them? sit? do you just stand there? ;D  :D :P

Offline marmalade_teacake

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 01:06:24 PM »
My kanga is starting to feel better now after a couple of weeks - programming my brain to let me jump over stuff - now thats hard! It knows im old and will probably hurt when i fluff it! Cant bring myself to jumo over stuff more than about a foot high at the mo............. :-\

Offline jump-up

• " I belive i can flye "
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 11:27:48 PM »
i finaly mastered jumping on/over stuff.
Was to scared before but i just went for it and woila! ;D

I can jump about 120cm ( 1,2m ) after almost 5 weeks

Offline GRS

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 12:21:24 AM »
Thats fantastic got any pictures?