Author Topic: What size should i buy?  (Read 2322 times)

Offline XVI BirketT

What size should i buy?
« on: July 10, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »
I know it is probrably getting annoying now but i am unsure about what size to buy as i want them to last quite a while. i am 70kg and i am 6ft. i have been looking on different sites and they all have different size ranges. i am thinking of buying them off amazon.co.uk and the ranges are 70-80kg 80-90kg 90-100kg and 100kg which of these sizes should i buy bearing in mind i might loose w8 while using then. could any1 help please? cheers

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: What size should i buy?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:41:19 AM »
*sighs*

OK, it depends on what YOU WANT. Through personal experience, I have seen people progress better as bockers by getting the weight class designated to them and then upgrading the springs when they are ready - this does, however, result in greater costs. If you get a couple of classes up, you shouldn't need to replace them as soon, but it could slow your learning.

What could be a better way for you to decide, is to meet up with a local group and ask to have a go - i guarantee that they will be more than accomodating - this way, you can try a few sets, see what you like then go with that and you'll probably get some good advice on where to buy - I've never used amazon myself, but you may do better with a proper stilt company (eg. Pro-jump/7leagues) so you get a good guarantee etc etc.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: What size should i buy?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »
did a quick look at amazon, looks like thay have riser adv. and some flyjumpers for £170 ish  (seeing as projumps are the same for less, and have godly customer support that's kinda silly :D)