Author Topic: Live on BBC1 this Saturday Night  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Live on BBC1 this Saturday Night
« on: February 05, 2007, 10:51:27 PM »
LIVE ON BBC1 Saturday 6pm
The Projump Display Team

A new show on BBC1 presented by Graham (dont bend over) Norton started last week called When Will I Be Famous and this week the Display Team will be appearing live on the show.

Hold on a second! Didnt Brucie and Kiola just fly out to South Africa? YES they did.
Which means with the 2 main geezers gone there is a truck load of pressure on the remaining team members....

ZEB...
No pressure on the crazy man but he is leading the way on live TV as the main stunt artist. Go on son!

CLAIRE...
has only learnt to do a flip in the last month and just last week suffered a serious injury. She's been resting her leg after a wobbly landing and for 2 days (ish) couldnt walk at all! She is still struggling through the pain barrier but is expected to do attempt a flip for us ;)

CHRISSIE...
is literally bending over backwards for the team while she's is jumped over in the crab position.

STEVIE...
52 years young and our resident grandaddy will be flippin mental as he jumps over an upside down Zeb!

THE FREAK...
will be freaking out television centre like only he can do.

and of course not forgetting...

Five year old REON...
Could he be the worlds youngest bocker? Will he steal the spotlight?

See it all LIVE this Saturday at 6pm on BBC1 and on youtube slightly afterwards courtesy of Uncle Matt :)

Good luck guys I hope you have an absolute blast and fingers crossed for you to win the show.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:14:16 AM by Uncle Matt! »

Offline arthur

Re: Live on BBC1 this Saturday Night
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 11:16:37 PM »
sounds good... i will definatly watch .....

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 12:18:55 AM »
will you be on it uncee mat?
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 12:41:44 AM »
Sadly not. Not unless I'm in the audience anyway. Would be cool though if I could be backstage with them with a vid camera getting all the nerves and excitement.

It should be some real good exposure for the sport though :)

Offline stevie

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 03:43:33 AM »
Well, Brucie & Kiola should be in South Africa now with MPH show Top Gear.
 AND OH MY GOD,iv realy done it this time,  had a call on thursday from BBC1 asking if we would perform this sat at 6 pm, i explained that we were realy under strength with comitments and injuries, BUT i agread to put on a show and thats what we'l do,we'r gana have fun and do our bit to promot the sport,

i only wish we had just one more week, then we would be realy up to strength, but the guys and girls want to  carry on regardless,so lets be posotive and  bock on,

claire is the one i realy feel it for the most with her knee injury, she said she will do her flip, i will only stop her if i am not fully convinced she is well,

ther is a lot of danger in the stunts we perform, thats what makes it exciting to watch, but i promise i will not alow any stunt to be performed  if i am not confident that the individual is 100% fit,

training is intence for the next few days,plus we have a show in Doncaster wednesday, also no after show party with the BBC in London, we have to travel staight to a show again in Doncaster Sunday mid-day at a new Stadium, as you can see we realy have a tough one this week,

so il ask uncle matt if he will keep you all posted on developments,

chears, Stevie.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:49:10 AM by stevie »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 09:02:18 PM »
Well we have some rather bad news.
After meeting with the BBC and discussing things with Stevie they have decided that the show could not be made safe in the time left to organise it. Nothing terribly big just the usual stage surfaces, height restrictions etc not meeting the required safety levels so as of now the team will not be on the show :(

It's a bit gutting and I'm sure everyone is bummed about it considering the pressure and training they have been putting in. However, looking forwards, the bbc are aware of the team and are interested in working something out with them shortly so this isnt a step backwards but just something that couldnt come together in time.
Hopefully something similar can be organised for the future, maybe on this show or something else. Major TV coverage for us is coming one way or another lol.

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 09:59:34 PM »
oh well it could be worse.....you could be pro-jumping over broken glass whilst being flogged with a knotted rope

Offline stevie

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »
Well, im sorry about all the hype and now the wait, but i guess thats what they call show biz,  but realy were all gutted, and Dawsome is realy awsome, and truly a great asset to the team, all the traveling at short notice and he has a realy understanding girl friend, thankyou,

we did have a great time filming interviews etc, and Zeb got a great jump over a camera man who was as cool as ice, and a realy scary move that even freak couldnt watch, i hope they will let us have it,

we will just have to see what happens now and hope for the best,
             chears Stevie.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 01:32:45 PM »
Really sorry to hear this but as Matt said the BBC  are now aware of the team so hopefully we will see the guys on tv soon.

Offline arthur

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 05:54:47 PM »
sorry to here about that guys.....but ohh well things always happen for a reason.

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 07:35:54 PM »
what reason may that be?