Author Topic: Capital bocking - are YOU comming?  (Read 76289 times)

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: Capital bocking - are YOU comming?
« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2009, 03:34:49 PM »
cant say much to the twister pics, save for "check out THOSE knee straps"

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2009, 05:39:50 PM »
the twister pics are ace! haha

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #252 on: August 25, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »

Q, shove them on flickr, frappr is a map service like google maps... lol

OOO u know I dont 'do technology',  but my heart was in the right place. Im also in middle of a photography course and there are a few Id like to 'tinker with'--once i know how.

If some1 could send me a link to some software ( thats idiotically easy to use) to do slide shows I would love them loads. Cos I think the pix would go well in that format.

The comments on this event interst me. ( ooo hang on time just went ping --gotta get the apple crumbl out of oven)

Bax

The event was not as 'fully' organised as in the past ( due to time factors really) but this also ment a more laid back and less rushed feel , which , for me, is more in keeping with our ethos.  Now Ill admit the weather had a great deal to do with this too, simply lazing away outside chatting , unfortunatly, just wasnt an option in Cardiff last year.

The smaller size did mean that 1 reached out and chatted to people 1 didnt know, rather than staying in 'their own groups' (or just being lost alone) that would possibly, for some, be a reality in a really big meet.  But even at Cardiff whilst there were dozenss and dozens of people . In reality they divided up into a number of groups ( whoes size and make up was fluid). At any1 time 20-30 would be chatting away, 6 would b shopping, 5 filming/taking pictures , 10-12 would actually be bocking , 3 people would be in the loo and oothers off doing other things.

Im pobably picking up on points that chime with me, Ill admit it. But seems 'big isnt always beautiful'. Big events might  be 'disguised' and made to seem smaller.  I also like the 'popular' feel to CB. As some1 posted 'the arguements are traditional' and to a degree 'hell yeah' cos its 'our' event and we all have equal dibs on it.

And yes yes pix r comming, but Im now at stage that Im bumping my own pix of the top of the page ( and ive 2 meets at the weekend too) now

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #253 on: August 25, 2009, 06:57:19 PM »
Google Picasa is ok too. The one thing I can point you to for slide shows is windows movie maker, that'll do the job just fine.