Author Topic: Hey  (Read 4338 times)

Offline crazyman

Hey
« on: July 23, 2009, 01:33:05 PM »
Hey

just doing my little intro...

looking into bocking as somthing to do on no wind days (im a powerkiter by nature) and stubled across your forum and decided to seek some advice

i have not bought any stilts yet but after having a browse i have decided to prolly go for the projumps with knee bar thing ( 6' 4'' ) (edit: at about 15 stone im thinking i ought to go for the ones for about 17stone right?)

yeh.. thats my intro...

a few things i was also thinking about before i actually buy them is:

is my height going to present me with any problems?

also i saw a meet happening... well today unfortunatly but i was wondering if these happen that much? - could prolly get a few pointers to help start (after i get the hang of walking/bouncing/small jumps)

Many thanks and take it easy ppl :D

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
Re: Hey
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »

Hi there! Welcome to the forum

to answer your question about 'Meet ups' -- they happen all the time. Theres always somone planning somthing around here.
Where do you live?

You welcome to join some of us at the river festival on saturday in maidstone kent if you like. the thread link is here:
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3557.msg51727;topicseen#new

Even thou you dont have any bocks yet, come along anyway and ask as many questions as you like!

You should come along to Capital bocking. Its ment to be a really big meet up and youll meet most of the people on here.

see you later
Bexx

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline crazyman

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 02:10:21 PM »
im based in surrey (dorking area)

i might have to look into the maidstone meet up :) really want to get into cos it looks like awsom fun... i have a tendancy to try and get of the ground alot...

Take it easy :D

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 03:16:50 PM »
*evil grin* muwahahahaha one more surrey person to add to my army XD

london meets are good to get to, and i'll probably do one or two round guildford once i'm back (on the 1st august).

other than that, just ask around if you especially want a meet sometime/somewhere, there's usually a few people up for stuff

oh and welcome, don't push yourself too quickly, wear sensible pads, and you'll go far

Offline crazyman

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »
Awsome :)

i go to Gtown a fair amount  :D

as far as padding goes ill prolly go for wrist pads (or motorbike gloves - im a rider) and mabe a skull saver
(tho possably not)

knee pads im thinking too :)

Peace out :D

Offline crazyman

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 03:57:48 PM »
Hmmm forgot to ask:

are my size 12 feet actually fit into the PJ Bocks?

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 04:06:42 PM »
They'll fit fine - mine are 11/12 dependin on the shoe

you just have to put the bindings on to the longer settings

Offline crazyman

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 04:15:01 PM »
Awsome :D

... somone just bought some Bocks :D

oh god... why do i buy this stuff that i opnly know will Hurt me...

oh well :D

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 04:36:21 PM »
with your hight u may fined it a little harder to flip as u progress but i would worry about that when u get there and yer i would were knee pads and writies but as for the helmit i personly dont were 1 and not that many ppl do tbh but if u feel like u need to at first go for it

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 05:20:01 PM »
ont he subject of pads, gloves will not do unless they have wristguards built in, if you fall onto a wrist mid jump without any protection the least you'll get away with is a sprain, worst...well there have been some pretty bad injuries, rare, but they do happen

Offline bockster

• born 2 bounce lol
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 06:01:05 PM »
darfgarf... that is good timing... 1st august im going on holiday  :Cbiggrin: hehe, still, after it ( round 2 weeks) i will be ocking muahahahaha  :Cmask:
my sig :D

Offline crazyman

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 09:48:29 AM »
Hehe.... Riiight...

got them last night... Bang! they are out of the box and on the work bench

off with the original bindings and on with the shiney metal ones... (i have a bone to pick about this after my wee story)

strapped them to my legs (sitting on my chest freezer) and stood up.. woo heck... rather close to the ceiling and all... so yeh... walking about and i feel rather confident... then i read the little booklet that came with the instructions where it says about standing up unguided... righty... so i did... first time was EEEasy... second time i slipped with my back leg... and smacked my knee on the concrete... right on that point when the power goes from you leg... was not amused... wasnot even 5 inches off the ground and i had to have a sit down :P

so yeh.. to summarise that walking and standing (stillish) in 2 mins... couldnt walk within 5 XD... oh well... tonight... im gonna try more :D - loving them so far tho :D

anyway... my bone to pick...
the 'pro' fittings do not have the right holes in for the little parts that you screw into... anyone else found this?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 10:00:31 AM »
You are spot on about the bindings but it's not really a problem. But it might be worth adding some washers because as you said, they don't fit properly with the plastic washer things that come with the original bindings. It's actually a really good idea to change the little metal washer on top of the binding (the one with the screw for adjusting the size of the bindings) because it kind of eats into the binding after a while. Just try and swap it for a bigger one. I got all the info on what size washers you need and stuff. Just ask if you want to know more.

Btw, it will be easier for you to get going on your bocks with a bit of help to start with, or be close to a wall just to keep you balanced until you get a feel for it ;)

:spudT:

Offline crazyman

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 10:10:07 AM »
ahh.. do fire me some of that info about the washers... there is a screwfix close to where im going tonight

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 10:34:18 AM »
Ok, these numbers look geeky and a bit confusing bet here we go. These are all steel repair washers and here are the sizes/quantities needed.

8x M5 25
2x M6 25

Thickness should be 1/1.5mm. You don't really want them any thicker than that. Especially for the M6 ones.

I did have a picture of mine but I can't find it now lol. The M6 washers replace the little one on top of the binding and the others are for the footplate. Have them on the outside side of the binding so they bolt is on that instead of the plastic :)

:spudT:

Offline crazyman

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 11:04:30 AM »
Awsome, thanks dude...  prolly have some of those type lying round the house so wont worry about screwfix :P

Offline crazyman

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 01:15:12 PM »
ok... what the next thing worth learning?

i got the standing/walking/minijumps... is running worth trying next or just go into jumping?