Author Topic: M110 Stilts?  (Read 23118 times)

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
M110 Stilts?
« on: July 24, 2009, 02:37:52 PM »
Hey guys im new hear but i've been lurking around for about a week now and i've decided to pick up my first set of bocks. After lots of research im going with PJ's as they seem to be great quality at a great value.

I have one concern though and that is my weight as im fairly built. Im only 5'8 or 5'9 but I weigh about 16.3 stones. Which puts me at about 103.5 kg. Everyone recomends getting a pair atleast 10 kg over what you weigh but i cannot really do that due to my weight. Now the buyers guide on the Projump website shows an M120, but i dont think it's being made anymore or is just plain out of stock because it doesn't show up when I go to choose my size.

Ive been cutting weight as of lately anyways and hae lost a stone over the past few months. Im looking to cut down to just under 16 stone, but this could take a few weeks. My point is do you think as a beginner it would be allriht for me to go ahead and get the M110's? Im going to cut the weight anyways so id really only be just a bit over the suggested weight for a few weeks time.

Besides that im not getting my bocks till August 11th which is my birthday. (Ive been dropping mad style hints to my wife for weeks now lol) I personally think I will be fine but you guys all seem ery knowledgable and just wanted your input before I make any decisions.

Thank you all very much I cannot wait to get my Bocks and head down to Cardiff to have some fun :Cbiggrin: :PJ101Ian:

Well ive got to head down to Cardif to meet the wife for dinner so ill check back later tonight. Please guys any help would be great as i want to make sure the purchase is right for me before i dive in headfirst. Bockin is hopefully going to be my new hobbie of Skateboarding hahaha.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 03:53:33 PM by Tenroe »
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy...

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
Re: M110 Stilts?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:18:35 PM »
I'm not sure about whether the M120's are still around, you'l have to wait for Naz to see this and then she'l be able to give you an answer on that.

If your planning on losing weight then the M110s should be fine, the more you lose techniquly the higher you'l go on the springs.

I assume you know that there is a big bocking group based in Cardiff called the welsh bockers?

Hope this helps a bit
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 06:32:28 PM »
I'm 6' 4" and vary between 16 and 17 stone and use anything from 109's up to 114's so if you ask them to send out the highest they have in stock you should be ok especially as it's your first set (you will learn quicker on ones nearer your weight)

At your height you should loose weight fairly quick once you start using the bocks so go for it and start enjoying yourself

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »
Yeah I know about the Welsh Bockers ive been on their site and heard about them people said theyre usualy down by the bay. But allright thank you guys for the help ill just go for the higher rated M110's because i am still losing a bit of weight and by the time im finish M120's might be a bit over kill.

Can't wait to start bocking soon thanks again for the help. ill try to become a good member to this forum and the bocking community in general.  :PJ101John:

Offline ricky35

• Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 10:00:40 PM »
First of all, welcome to the forum, have you managed to signed on the Welsh Bockers forum yet? There are a few of the WB who live in ponty and I'm sure you will get familiar with them very soon. They meet up on regular weekends to have normal meets outside and Gym sessions. A lot more can b explained on the website and in the forum. Hope to meet you soon ;)
<a href="http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf</a>

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 11:39:06 PM »
Havent signed up to the site yet but i had a little look at it earliar today and ill sign up tomorrow. I actually live just outside of Ponty in a small town called Hawthorn but yeah i cannot wait to start meeting people and getting out having fun.

Ive lived here for a year now since i got married to my wife who is Welsh. Im actually American see and havent done much since ive been here so im looking forward to a nice social activity to do every week.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 11:48:17 PM »
Hi Tenroe,

It would be great to meet you and have you come bock with us. We actually have one of our teenagers live in Hawthorn/Rhydyfelin and did have another 2 but they seem to be less interested now.

It's a shame we dont have any 110's or something for you to try but most of our heavy footers are not using projumps.

We'll see you soon

Matt

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 12:11:38 AM »
Thanks Locky thats awsome to hear there are more bockers around. Ive seen a kid who must have been about 11 with a pair the other day actually and it only spurred me to get a pair even more so.

Im not to worried about it now but i should have my pair come August 11th and ill try to pop down and check everything out soon. I dont get to the bay very often but, then again i never had a reason until now lol. But i am in central Cardiff frequently so it shouldnt be to hard for me come pay you guys a visit soon. Ill probably take a week or so to et myself aquainted with the stilts properly before showing my face in public but ill definitly be down there sooner or later.  :Cyes:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 11:11:01 AM »
welcome to the site, youll drop a shed load of weight from being on the stilts so you should be all good.
nice to see another mma fan here, i love the forrest griffin avatar.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 11:42:23 AM »
welcome to the site, youll drop a shed load of weight from being on the stilts so you should be all good.
nice to see another mma fan here, i love the forrest griffin avatar.

Hahaha yeah im a huge MMA fan, got into it about two years ago around UFC 44 I think it was. We will have to try and get some of the other members interested and maybe all gather up for the fights. Im going to UFC 105 in Manchester I think so ill have to bring my bocks and try and meet up with some other bockers in that area aswell.

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 11:29:46 PM »
Sorry for the double post but just letting you guys know ive ordered my bocks and they are the M110's and i asked for the highest rated springs they have due to my weight. Im just praying they do send the highest they have and yeah im super excited for them to arrive. I cant use them till my birthday but ill get them all set up and give them a test walk just to make sure everything is in order :Claugh: :PJ101John:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 11:35:28 PM »
Your gunna wanna use them so much if your B-day is more than a month away...

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 11:42:33 PM »
lol my birthday is August 11th and ill be 21 hahaha IM ALLREADY EXCITED!!! I may sneak a go on them while the wife is at work though hehehe. Do you guys think that their would be any ware on them if i tried them out for say half an hour that would give me away to my wife? :Ceek: :Nero:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 11:46:46 PM »
How about smashing a window and claiming them stollen and hide them in a shed, or do you want a less crazy way?

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 12:02:54 AM »
lol im thinking the less insane ways but that is an option lol. j/k obviously but i just cannot wait to get on those bad boys and have some fun

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 12:06:20 AM »
I sujest buying her a present, and doing nice things.. maybe she will let you have a go.

I cant wait till i get my new ones through the post, managed to trick a friend into lending me £200. And now im really really happy :)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 09:12:17 AM »
im lookin to be at 105 also mate, so no doubt if i get tickets ill take my stilts and we will make a ufc meet or summat, as for damage, the first hour is the most damaging time for stilts, i would spend the time your waiting checking out bocking vids on youtube, maybe she will relent and give em ya now  :Cbiggrin:

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 07:52:35 PM »
Agreed Nero the broken bones are a dead give away  :Claugh: as is the ambulance parked outside when she gets home  :Cbiggrin:

Only joking (well mostly  :Claugh:)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 07:57:08 PM »
Lol, im scared about getting mine tomorrow now if im gunna end up in an ambulance :P

cant be that hard or dangerous

DC

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »
Famous last words   :Claugh:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »
You guys really know how to make it inviting for newbies to get into it :P

cant be to dangerous because so many people do it.

DC

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »
Easy to answer that one as I have the scars to prove it

Bocking WITH Wristguards, knee and elbow pads and maybe a helmet = SAFE (fairly safe :Claugh:)

Bocking WHITHOUT the above = STUPID and a visit to A&E  :Claugh:

Don't worry it is fun and fairly safe (if it was totally safe it wouldn't be any fun)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 09:25:43 PM »
I like the sound of that :)

so excited about getting them tomorrow cant come soon enough :)

DC

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 10:55:44 PM »
Im not worried about getting hurt i know how to take long distanced falls as i said im general a skateboarder but kind of gave it up when i moved to Wales because i had no one to skate with. I seriously doubt im going to be getting injured on the bocks anytime soon.

Im just excited to try something new especially since there is a large community here for it in Wales. All in all I have a feeling im going to take to them rather quickly :Cwink:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 11:02:51 PM »
i can take a fall to came of a Vert ramp whilst skateboarding ( managed to do a blunt though) landed on concrete, cracked my head and busted up my arm.

got some cool pictures :P may have to post them

But smashed up my Plan B :( now i have 2 halfs of a deck :P

DC