Author Topic: M110 Stilts?  (Read 23123 times)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
Re: M110 Stilts?
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
I mean in an event :P

maybe we could see Jason on Tv in 2012 :P

That would be a wierd day

DC

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2009, 08:40:26 PM »
Been there done that C in N 2 years ago  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2009, 08:51:40 PM »
:P 

how could you have been to 2012?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2009, 09:36:04 PM »
Have faith young DC
I can travel in time freely  :Cbiggrin:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2009, 09:38:39 PM »
Scary, you must be jumping high and going fast on your bocks for that to happen.

(freaky) :P

DC

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2009, 02:19:04 PM »
Bocking in the olympics would completely ruin the sport. It would have to become regulated by officials and there would be people telling you whether or not your style is good or not and it would detract from the freedom of the sport.

Bocking along with skateboarding has no set rules, It is about expression and the individuals own ability to push the limit and thrive off his friends ability aswell in order to learn new things. Bocking is simply not a competition and all the regulations and drug tests (not that any of us are using drugs lol) that come with the olympics would plain and simply drain the sport of it's own essence of fun.

Sports like Skating, Bocking and other "Extreme sports" ultimately have no set goal and to try and force won down upon them for the sake of competition would really not only split the community but stop the progression of the sport as a whole because people would only focus one those few things that the Olympic officials laid out as "The best" "The Proper way" and "The Hardest" even though each of these things vary from person to person. This would stop the sport from growing because there would be no need to try anything new, only to perfect on what is allready in place.

Sports like this do not NEED the olympics and you'd be smart not to support them being pushed into the limelight like that. The market would be flooded with cheap knockoff's, and the thing that is yours would very quickly become EVERYONES and just be the norm. All the fun of being one of those crazy guys on stilts would be gone because people would just be used to it.

Trust me when skateboarding got pushed into the limelight i couldnt wait for it to fade back to the underground again. When everyone in the world is in on something and doing it just because it's the cool thing the whole thing looses it's pizaz. It's not like you would ever stop because the love for the sport is still there but trust me some of the specialness of the sport will dissipate because it's no longer only yours.

The same way as when a band youve liked for years all the sudden become HUGE and everyone is all over them for awhile and then they bail out for the next huge band of the month and the true lovers of that band find that arguements insue about how your a poser and blah blah. It's not good stuff guys :Cno:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 02:22:19 PM by Tenroe »
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy...

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2009, 03:03:32 PM »
I only wanna see Jason in the olympics, think it would be hilarious :P

No offence Jason :D

Olympics didn't ruin some skating, Tony Hawk ruined skating :p  And as for the drugs, im sure none of us have or ever will do them  :Cmask:

DC

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2009, 03:11:47 PM »
Lol i only mentioned drugs because of all the different tests and people who would start using roids and such. Also no Tony Hawk hasnt ruined anything. Tony Hawk has paved the way for skateboarding and funded so many small towns so that they could build skateparks for the community i's not even funny. Just because he was shoved into the limelight by the media doesn't mean you should bag on him.  Seriously the dude may be a cash cow but he gives back in so many ways it's no even funny. The guy even gives scholarships to skaters :Claugh:

If anything Bam Margera ruined skating. Dude was solid and a respectable skater when he road for Toy machine before Jackass and the 3rd CKY video. The dude gave skaters the worst possible rep and all the little girls went nuts for him.

Also i never said olympics ruined it, Skating just became popular of it's own acord and that was bad enough. If the olympics was behind it it would have been 10 times worse lol. Local events and demos for skating and bocking are one thing but competitions just ruin the whole stigma of it you know. I mean small competitions arent bad either but the Olympics is a whole nother animal and more than just a game between friends.

Sorry if im being kind of hostile towards the Olympics i mean it's great for what it is but I dont think bocking should be associated with them in any way IMO.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
Tony Hawk was just for the mechandise and money, and his games are awful, Skate 1 &2 are so much better :P

O wait Bam is just for merchandise and money. Meh liked him though
Hmmm... Jason on Bocks and skateboard could be fun :P  even just standing on it would be hard :P

DC

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2009, 08:29:54 PM »
Fact is Tony Hawk gave the money back to the community, people jsut hate on him because he was in the spotlight. Not to mention he was a legit skater period, no if's ands or buts. He is still amazing on a vert ramp and yes that games suk nowadays but when they came out were the shiz. Up until the 3rd or so. I own both Skate and Skate 2 and love them to pieces lol if you wanna play sometime add me on 360 my gamertag is Tenroe.

Bam just took money and p**sed it away gave nothing back. He wouldnt even sign autographs at the Zumiez couch tour when I went and quit the demo after ten minutes because the crowd was to rough for him the lame idiot.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »
Some one has already done the Skateboard/bocks bit also the bike/bocks bit

Don't think anyone has tried skiing or ice skating though if you looking for something to try

Bocking has already made the olympics (the closing ceremony  :Claugh:)

And all sports are what you make of them so if they go to the olympics all well and good we have all tried to get bocking into the public eye as that increases sales and leaves more money for R&D so we get newer and better models quicker

Only gripe I have about the olympics is it's being held here and costing us a fortune  :Claugh:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2009, 08:59:06 PM »
I dont think this is about the olympics anymore :P

Ans o well if he gave money to the community so does oxfam!

:P

DC

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2009, 10:17:35 PM »
Some one has already done the Skateboard/bocks bit also the bike/bocks bit

Don't think anyone has tried skiing or ice skating though if you looking for something to try

Bocking has already made the olympics (the closing ceremony  :Claugh:)

And all sports are what you make of them so if they go to the olympics all well and good we have all tried to get bocking into the public eye as that increases sales and leaves more money for R&D so we get newer and better models quicker

Only gripe I have about the olympics is it's being held here and costing us a fortune  :Claugh:

Well for some reason my first post didnt go through in response to this but let me just say my good man youve completely misunderstood the entirety of my posts.

Im not going to be skating on bocks im talking about incorporating styles and looking at your surroundings differently and then adapting you bocking to be used in different ways than you have before in those surroundings. :Cbiggrin: Im to tired to offer a proper rebuttle right now as i allready did but it didnt post for some reason but yeah.

Ill put it like this Olympics comes with rules and legislation which means restrictions on the sport which slows if not stops the progression of the sport as a whole. :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2009, 12:06:16 PM »
Ok, my mind is to simple to undestand that :P

how you getting on with your stilts? you been aloud to have them yet?

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2009, 02:32:42 PM »
havent been allowed them yet but ive snuck in a total of ten minutes or so and have gotten in so small bounes. I held onto my fence and bounced about 2 feet high but after that i felt guilty and put them back away until my birthday lol.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2009, 07:27:22 PM »
I wasn't answering you Tenroe I was refering to this

Tony Hawk was just for the mechandise and money, and his games are awful, Skate 1 &2 are so much better :P

Hmmm... Jason on Bocks and skateboard could be fun :P  even just standing on it would be hard :P

DC

As for the olympics all things come with plus and minus points and I think it is a close run thing with any form of publicity

As in how did you first find out about Bocks and if it wasn't for things like the Zuric and advert and LotR  how many of us would have even seen of heard of them let alone be using them

"My Good Man"  :Claugh: you've not met me then  :Cbiggrin:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2009, 08:22:55 PM »
LMAO your comments always make me laugh :P

you going CB Jason? If so youll have to teach me some stuff :P

DC

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2009, 08:48:22 PM »
I will be there on the Saturday for sure not certain about sunday as I may have something to do

And yes I will gladly teach you what little I know (mainly about falling over and breaking things)  :Claugh:

Oh and about not falling over and breaking things (like fingers  :Cbiggrin:)

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2009, 11:26:40 PM »
I wasn't answering you Tenroe I was refering to this

Hmmm... Jason on Bocks and skateboard could be fun :P  even just standing on it would be hard :P

DC

As for the olympics all things come with plus and minus points and I think it is a close run thing with any form of publicity

As in how did you first find out about Bocks and if it wasn't for things like the Zuric and advert and LotR  how many of us would have even seen of heard of them let alone be using them

"My Good Man"  :Claugh: you've not met me then  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

That's fine my mistake but in response to another post in which you are not addressing me...

The first time I saw Bocks was a couple years ago at Universal Studios in Florida. TBH i havent seen them in commercials and the only reason i deide to get a pair is because I saw someone around town with a pair. Marketing and advertising is one thing but sports such as this tend to do that all on there own. You don't see television commercials for the new version of a skateboard, surfboard, hang glider or anything like that.

Generally extreme sports are their own niche market and thrive as such without the need of major marketing and mass appeal thus allowing for a more intimate experience for the few who do enjoy the sport. It's allways great to have more people over to the party but eventually thing's get a bit crowded is my main point i guess.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:28:41 PM by Tenroe »

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2009, 04:49:38 PM »
Lol, well be good when i see ya to see how you use them :) hopefully you can make it to CB next year hopefully will be really good. but can only make it on sunday this year :(

DC

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2009, 08:15:33 PM »
In a way I do agree with you Tenroe things do get a bit crowded when fringe sports become popular

But the way I look at it is the first skateboarders (yes I'm old enough to remember them  :Claugh:just don't remind me to often) used the streets and parks and any place they could (which I would imagine was fun) a little bit like we do on bocks at the moment

Now you can't go to a mid sized town without finding a Skateboard park so althought there is a bad side to all the publicity and getting organized (Rules etc) Imagine the good side of it like Bocking Parks with jumps blocks and steps and maybe even a soft sand pit to practice flips into (just mind the dog muck  :Claugh:)

And the sad bit is no mater how much we fought it eventually the rules and restrictions will come so it might be better to get in on the ground floor so we can make the rule reasonable instead of some pen pushing pi**ock deciding we are all loonys an banning us

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2009, 08:19:59 PM »
Your comments always make me laugh Jason :P

there is a Bocking community now though, so its really diff to skateboarding, mainly because there aint really a skateboarding community just people doing it.

DC

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2009, 09:18:26 PM »
In a way I do agree with you Tenroe things do get a bit crowded when fringe sports become popular

But the way I look at it is the first skateboarders (yes I'm old enough to remember them  :Claugh:just don't remind me to often) used the streets and parks and any place they could (which I would imagine was fun) a little bit like we do on bocks at the moment

Now you can't go to a mid sized town without finding a Skateboard park so althought there is a bad side to all the publicity and getting organized (Rules etc) Imagine the good side of it like Bocking Parks with jumps blocks and steps and maybe even a soft sand pit to practice flips into (just mind the dog muck  :Claugh:)

And the sad bit is no mater how much we fought it eventually the rules and restrictions will come so it might be better to get in on the ground floor so we can make the rule reasonable instead of some pen pushing pi**ock deciding we are all loonys an banning us

All very good points indeed lol. I guess im just being pessimistic is all ignore it lol. Im just excited only 7 days untill I can start bocking WOOT :Cbiggrin:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2009, 09:28:13 PM »
The dog muck a good point?

DC

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2009, 07:51:26 PM »
Only 7 days you must be tearing your hair out waiting  :Claugh:

Enjoy yourself in a week mate they are worth the wait  :Cbiggrin:

Ps DC wet leaves, slugs and snails, bird muck and dog muck are all the Bockers worst enemy  :Cbiggrin: just wait till autumn when you have them all together on one path  :Claugh: