Author Topic: HELP WITH SIZE ADJUSTING ETC  (Read 3937 times)

Offline superjumpkid

HELP WITH SIZE ADJUSTING ETC
« on: July 25, 2009, 03:15:53 PM »
HI, i have a pair of pro jump stilts and think that they are fantastic!!! (even though i fell of recently and nearly broke my wrist)

However, i have a few questions about them;

1. Is there anyway to make the feet less slippery on them? as i find they can slip when having to go through a wet/mossy/muddy concrete patch etc..

2. This is my main question - Can i adjust the stilts at the back at the top where the spring is connected? As the black cover that bolts into the metal to hold the spring in place keeps hitting the back of my legs when i run and it hurts....

3. Finally, i know you are obliged to say that all gear is required, but what would you say the bare neccesities are for starting to run and bounce on concrete?

As i frequently ankle tap myself :/ ........................

SORRY IF SOME OF THIS IS IN THE WRONG SECTION BUT I AM NEW HERE AND THE THING THAT BANGS INTO THE BACK OF MY THIGHS REALLY ANNOYS ME!!!!!!!!!!! :(

thanks for your time

Offline blue

Re: HELP WITH SIZE ADJUSTING ETC
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 03:22:26 PM »
hi well u can put socks on the hoves like bike tyres i use very good

blue jurassic jumpers
blue76 [aka] ben from pompey

Offline superjumpkid

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »
THANKS!

I just read however about thoses things your nan uses to do gardening from sainsburys or whatever. the foam stuff can me cut up and used to raise your feet higher up! :D I might even make my own wooden ones!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 04:14:57 PM »
WRISTGUARDS!!!

*ahem* if anything, wristguards minimum, as falling from this high and landing ona wrist is very painful without them, and slightly less with a decent pair

knees/elbows are a very good idea aswell, especially at first