Author Topic: sunrun 2010  (Read 8409 times)

Offline lynch

sunrun 2010
« on: July 29, 2009, 08:04:16 PM »
ok if we want to do this on stilts it need to be organized before xmas can you please let me know if you are instreted in doing the event i will sort it out if enought people want to do it  :Ctongue: 

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: sunrun 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 08:07:10 PM »
erm, yep i know Im a fool for askin,  but ,erm , wot is this event?

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 08:22:20 PM »
your not a fool dude i int got a clue either

Offline lynch

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 08:54:28 PM »
it is a scout even of a hike of 12 or 26 miles
http://www.sr-mc.org/srmain.htm
sorry  but it is for people in the scout movement over the age of 14

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »
mm , restricted un ageist ----I really should report this.

Indeed, wot the heck, Im bored.......  wot is projumnps   position on supporting/permitting/or wotever  of age restricted events?  Wot say u to adults only events? wimmin only, gingers only , or any specific group only?

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 09:04:57 PM »
it is a scout even of a hike of 12 or 26 miles
http://www.sr-mc.org/srmain.htm
sorry  but it is for people in the scout movement over the age of 14

Dude ur slippin shlda put more details first wldnt of been any confussion or Q bein abit weird lol

The EA's did have an EA only event which fair enuf did get cancled and im sure other groups do have a few aswell just not allways done via the forum lol

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 09:13:57 PM »
mm , restricted un ageist ----I really should report this.

Indeed, wot the heck, Im bored.......  wot is projumnps   position on supporting/permitting/or wotever  of age restricted events?  Wot say u to adults only events? wimmin only, gingers only , or any specific group only?
Q, seriously. Shut. Up. Not everything needs to be open to everyone, nor do you have to question every piece of authoritory or regulations on meets.
How many times have scout only events been listed here? LOTS. That should give you ProJump's postition on it.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 09:23:51 PM »
ash u think r***es a joke       have u ever found ..... well i have   UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU shut up

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 09:28:59 PM »
ash u think r***es a joke       have u ever found ..... well i have   UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU shut up

?????????????????????

Offline lynch

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 09:49:22 PM »
ok well for one i posted it under the bocking scouts part if you want to come get part of scouting two stop crying different groups do different things and different events three i don't get this either ?

?????????????????????

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 10:58:50 PM »
And relax guys :)

I have to admit I was a little confused by this thread when I first saw it but then realised what board it was in. It might be a good idea to give more details like the link and mention it is scouts only in the first post next time to avoid any confusion :)

Many meets have some restrictions on them for a number of reasons. I can see why some people get annoyed by these restrictions but I don't think there should be any problems with the scouts. This sunrun is an event held by the scout association for scouts ect. There just happen to be a lot of scouts who bock and are organising bocking together at scouting events via this forum apposed to attending without them I guess. The rules are layed out by the organisers of the events not the bockers attending them.

Now play nicely ;)

:spudT:

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 07:02:31 PM »
hey =]

i wud be interested in sunrun but wat are the dates??

im also going to NorJam next year && will definatly be taking my bocks if any1 else will be there =D

xx

Offline timtom

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 10:50:54 PM »
slightly off topic cos i'm no longer a scout.. our explorers sort of disbanded and then i jsut became too old and the local network don't do much than just drink..!!

To the lass above.. i went to NorJam twice and there were loads of folk on stilts both times i went! :Csmile:

Offline jordiebarrett

• EA Bocker
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 01:01:27 AM »
i use to be a scout and seen adults on stilts,letting children try them,,also if you are near the hedge beside the motorway there,you will find a human size hole,on the other side is.Mc Donalds,we created this hole as food was cr*p so enjoy :)

p.s wire cutter are a good idea :L

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 08:26:05 AM »
yeh i know they usually have the stilt walkers there but i was just wondering if anyone else from the forum was goin =]

but back onto topic lol wat are the dates for sunrun????

Offline adamessex

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 04:57:39 PM »
right sun run is 2nd 4th july 2010 http://sr-mc.org/ if i'm off i'll prob go but i'm not gonna know till a lot nearer the time
falling is proof your trying

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 06:12:57 PM »
providing i have finished my work experience i will definatly be thinking about this.

just wondering tho was we thinking about going as "bocking scouts" && book in as a group or just all meet up if we go? coz i think it wud be kool if we booked && went as a group. if this is the case i dont mind booking && sorting food && stuff but obviously need to know soon what people are thinking and who would want to go.

let us know what ya thinking =]

x CHAZZLE x

Offline jordiebarrett

• EA Bocker
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 06:41:27 PM »
ha im up for this would be cool so yea but i aint a scout any more chaz :) :Cbiggrin:

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »
ha im up for this would be cool so yea but i aint a scout any more chaz :) :Cbiggrin:

u got to be in scouts to go jodie... unless you go to guides....   :Cyes:

Offline jordiebarrett

• EA Bocker
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »
ha yea very much so haha nah i am thinking of joining explores so we shall see :) x :Cmad:

Offline nutt

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 12:40:51 AM »
Hi everyone, Sun Run 2010 will be an awesome event as every year before it. If your coming let me know Im a local Scout Network member living about 15 miles from the event and would love to see some other bockers there. Im not sure if your planning on doing the 13mile "moon run" or 26mile "sun run" on bocks but would advise against it as the course is not the most bock friendly. however around the main site it shouldent be a problem on them.

If any one want more info on Sun Run go to the website sr-mc.org or drop me a question on her

Nutt

Offline CJ

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 04:16:07 PM »
ATTENTION ALL SCOUTS

the sun Run is now only a few weeks away if you havnt already booked the price goes up on monday so take advantage of the early booking discounts

i will be there with my bocks, im not planning on doing either of the runs just soaking up the atmosphere and having a good ol time

see you all there

CJ