Author Topic: Wrist Guards: Any suggestions?  (Read 19108 times)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Wrist Guards: Any suggestions?
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 07:59:57 AM »
I know the design but they also hold your hand in a way that favors palm first. 

I think you should buy different pads that you have confidence in. It should give you peace of mind and increase your overall confidence.

Offline acroair

• acroair.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »
hi , on this subject i use the flexmeter writs guards, as i believe they provide the best protection .

the fact that they sponsor my team is funny i suppose , but have tried others in the past and for protection and longevity they really do work well , as others will tell you.

alpsgear.co.uk   is were you can buy them , and if you use promotion code         AA10     you will receive a generous 10% discount .

chris

Offline JOLLY JUMPER

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 11:55:13 PM »
all of these wristguards have no finger protection...
I already used to have fingers on my wristguards 15 years ago and hell, am I glad I had those...
they saved me from all kinds of scrapings and splinters in my fingers & hands , so I would suggest triple eight hired hands,since these are about the only ones that have fingers...
and have the plastic inserts replaced by some alloy custom made ones; it's crap what they say about them having to be  a bit flexible ; I trashed several plastic inserts(yes they broke in half)but that problem was fixed after I had the alloy ones....

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 07:07:25 PM »
Jason and i both have flexmeter they are the best you can buy  :Cwink:

Offline Piersyboy

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 02:07:36 PM »
Hey folks, new to this bocking lark (ie haven't strapped them on yet until I get some proper protective gear, I'm pushing 40, a martial artist and I like my body unbroken!) so this info is really helpful, thanks.

Just to let you know, I tried that discount code at Alps Gear and it doesn't work any more. But on a hunch I put Flexmeter into Amazon, and there they were, being sold by Alps Gear, but (and this is the important bit) with FREE delivery! So that's like £4 off anyway.

So if you want to buy them, get them off Amazon.

Really looking forward to this, can't wait to get started!

Offline acroair

• acroair.co.uk
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »
I am sure if you call them , the discount code still works .
Not sure why if doesn't on checkout ?

Chris