Author Topic: size question.. annoying I know. But also a couple of other Q's (:  (Read 2419 times)

Offline lizziebobizzy

Hello, I've just discovered these godly creations.. and I want to buy a pair! :)
Are there any bocking groups in Edinburgh? I know it's a bit hilly in the centre but I'm new to the area and I do know there's a decent waterfront NE.

I'm 62kgs and 5'5... should I get the m70s or m80s?? I'm pretty fit.. have done acrobatic trampolining and I run a lot and roller blade even. If I did get the m60's.. is it possible to upgrade to a set of m80 springs when I get the hang of the basics.. would that be a better idea?

Thanks heaps

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: size question.. annoying I know. But also a couple of other Q's (:
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 09:19:45 PM »
for the size thing, there are plenty of other posts on a similar or the same subject, i suggest you read them - but basicly you've got to make the decision - if you buy 60s or 70s, you'll probably get your technique better, but then will need to upgrade soon so its wots cheapest, or wots going to make you a better bocker...

i don't know if there are may people in your area though, i think there may be a couple on the pro-jump map you could check out, but some of those people don't always stick with it - else i know there are some further south in NE England who would be happy to accept you - most bockers will

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:20:55 PM »
Ditto Hilly

If you are fit and can do things like flips on the trampoline I would say to go for the 80's straight off as you should be able to handle them and you will start bottoming the 70's very quick also don't forget to add you clothes to the base weight as most people weigh with very little on but wear shoes ect when bocking

You can buy springs seperately and change them over so if you want an easy start get the 70's and then buy new springs (only about £70ish) and replace them

A few people are based in Scotland but don't know if any are close to you

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline jordiebarrett

• EA Bocker
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »
its often betrter to go a size up so you should get 70's umm also if ure younge ull keep growing and you will break the springs in and they will soften,no need to spend money on gettin diff springs :)