Author Topic: British Racing School week 1!!  (Read 3421 times)

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
British Racing School week 1!!
« on: August 28, 2009, 10:15:44 PM »
Heya everyone,
quick update!

Been here almost a week now i have been loving it till this morning when i came off between the horse and the wall...not good. one started by kicking the boards at the side of the school then they all got set off but i had a hard time. =[
Very nervous to ride second lot and was very on edge.
Frank (whos 76) doesnt want me to give in as he likes my riding and how i held it together when my horse spooked twice before and went a bit nutty but hey.

I dont think this is of rme im gonna give it till tuesday before i make any final decisions, im not giving up before i have started though - but im not finding the riding a high point of the day i enjoy being with the horses mucking out etc dunno why but i like it. and i would rather ride for leisure. than s**t myself and not want to at all.

our first teacher was fired on our 3rd day (LOLZ) and 1 girl left on day two because she didnt like the teacher and one of the two swedish girls is leaving in the morning.

So instead of keeping my head down for 9weeks and not getting a qualification as i dont want to do an apprentiship im going to see if i can swap to the national stud, as i enjoyed my work experiance their. and i think i will get further manager wise and running yards than i will on stables.

I feel like if i leave i will be a bit weak but i guess that theirs no point in staying if i dont like it and if i can swap, if i cant then i will stick it out as long as i can but at the moment even thinking of riding in the morning is putting me off, but i have ridden one of frankie dettoris magnificent 7 (Able choice) who is a babe!! and real honest horse :D
and i met kerion fallan (cnt spell!) today and he parked his jag in the muck heap - well next to it lolz!! but he liked me, dunoo why.

Will stop rambling and keep you all posted oh nd btw you newmarket bockers are local celebs here as everyone was talking about seein them at tescos when i arrived ^^

Night!!
xxxx

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: British Racing School week 1!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 10:33:08 PM »
Whatever you do please stick with it abd do the riding until you are comfortable with it again. Those kinds if things can eat at you and make you more scared over time. I wouldnt want that to happen! If you can get past that you might start loving it again too!

Good luck xx

Offline lynch

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:47:03 PM »
keep your head up and you'll be fine
you put a lot of hard work in to get there it will pick up in time
we are all hear for you and keep us updated  :Rock: :Rock: :Rock:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »
Keep with it Hannah, don't give up! :)

There are a lot of times where my uni course has got hard and I've considered walking out, but then I realised that I would regret it more as I wouldn't be doing what I want to do. Stick with it through the hard times, and it will pay off during the good times :)

Offline adamessex

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 10:58:56 PM »
what ever you decide you have to make sure your enjoying it otherwise whats the point I mean you don't want this to put you off what you really enjoy. But I say work hard at it if you can stand it, its only what 8 weeks left now, I'm sure you can out do them all.

And if you do decide to go at least you can say you weren't the first.

glad to see your keeping everyone up to date was gonna facebook you iif you hadn't.

For once I'm actually gonna agree with mike (sorry lynch) Keep your head up lady.

and if all else fails try and imagine a horse on bocks it might amuse
falling is proof your trying

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 11:38:08 AM »
Hi Hannah

If you love racing you will stick to it however bad it seems BUT

I don't particularly like racing (the whole sport as it is money orientated)

Remember that at your size racing isn't the only opening in Horses as small light people are worth their weight in gold in a couple of places round horses

If you do decide to go into a different line your size is a massive advantage in backing young horses (That can get really exciting though  :Claugh:) and nothing beats that feeling of trust you get from the horse

Also schooling on ponies for the younger rider is a very lucrative area

So stick at it until you either beat the worries or decide it's not for you and then follow what you want to do then

I know two girls who have gone into running their own livery yard and both are happy if poor sometimes (if you can call having to make do with last years new car poor  :Claugh:)

Best of luck with which ever way you go

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

PS nearly lost it today on the wifes Horse ( bitless bridal and bareback and someone jumping while I was trying to school :Claugh:) so suppose it was my fault really  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 12:23:26 PM »
Keep with it Hannah, don't give up! :)

There are a lot of times where my uni course has got hard and I've considered walking out, but then I realised that I would regret it more as I wouldn't be doing what I want to do. Stick with it through the hard times, and it will pay off during the good times :)
thats the best post ive ever seen from sprog :P
kicking pure knowledge there sprog

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 12:58:02 PM »
*Shrugs*
It's pretty much the way my job works. You have s**t weeks where everything dies on you, and you get about 5 things come in all diagnosed with un-treatable cancer and various other things with a poor prognosis. But then every once in a while you get a week where you manage to treat and save everything, everything goes home happy and healthy, the cancer patients undergo chemo and live another year, and generally you go home feeling pretty damn good about the world and the fact you made a difference to a few people's and their pet's lives. I wouldn't change it for the world :)

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 07:54:05 AM »
So.......  Are you still there or have you run away with Greg?  Tell me, tell me, tell me.  I have been on the edge of my seat for ages now and I think it is giving me piles.
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 10:28:26 AM »
Yeah I got told this weekend that you'd left, is that right?