Author Topic: Capital Bockering 2010  (Read 35294 times)

Offline binop9

Re: Capital Bockering 2010
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2010, 02:52:01 AM »
All Praise Q

Our CB Leader

He guides us out the dark paths that we end up in due to events/meetings going astray.. or in our case he is just wise enough to bring a torch and a long enough rope lol

We All Worship At Your Hoofs :)

I am with Q, Jason and Ashbash4418 for CB to come back home. :)

Im not thinking clearly at the moment due to lack of sleep the last few days.. but this could be a Major event for London. As i am sure there are more major or semi major events that will happen around the country.

I think its a bit childish that people are saying host it near me as its closer for me to get to it.. you dont see tourists saying before they come to london .. cant you bring london over here to us as its easier and cheaper for us to see it..

( you get my point )  plus london has more travel connections and a chance of becoming more noticed..

All it requires is Heart, Soul and a Passion for the Bocking sport ( i wanted to swear there but thought i would use that instead :) )

If we are the happy, jolly, helpful, show off and not to forget mental nutters we all are as a.. i was gonna say community but that aint right.. we are a family of bockers its what sets us aside from the others.. :)

If we Stick to these rules/guide lines at all events even more so at London or other Major events then the word will spread ( call the rules/guide lines what you like )

as was once said in a film.. " if you built it they will come. "

IF we Build our Presence and Keep doing the Same Events then we Might ( hopefully ) become like the Marathon.. WHICH is Only held Round LONDON.. and yet the runners are from as far as USA if not further..

Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People in Large Groups...

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2010, 07:52:42 AM »
I'm not arguing with CB being in London. I hope nobody takes offence to this but I probably won't be going, wherever it is. Just because I cannot afford the expense. But, if it was in London I would be more likely to go.

Binop. I',m not arguing your point, just your arguements for it. Besides, I can see the other side. I think it makes sense to move the event around.

Capital bocking is not like the London marathon. Marathons go on all the time around the UK. The London one is just the flagship here in the UK.

CB won't be a major event for London. Not this year. To be anything close to that you would need hundreds if not thousands of people/bockers to attend and unfortunately, it will probably be less than 100 bockers.

I personaly like the idea of it moving. A CB in cardiff appeals more to me than London. I think the idea behind CB was an event for bockers. Not a promotional event for the sport. I'm not sure what word will spread :/

and also, people used to come from the US to CB.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2010, 11:20:10 AM »
I have little interest in Capital bocking if it's going to be in London again this year. I think really it should move locations each year to keep it varied and interesting, and perhaps open it up to more people. The past 3 years it's been more towards the south end of the country, perhaps it should be shifted in more a northerly direction to make it easier for those "oop north" to attend, as last year it there was a definite lack of anyone other than pinhead who came from any further north than Norwich way (Although that may also have been because it was rather last minute and nothing on the scale of 2008 in Cardiff)

However, I'm not willing to get involved in organising it this year either as I simply don't have the time right now, and it looks unlikely I will even be able to attend. So, y'know, do whatever, just thought I'd better throw my opinion in there.

Also, here is the other discussion board on it:
http://pp/forum/empty-t6582.0.html

Ii dont have a great deal to disagree with you here Ash. Though as you know I have always been a partisain of London.

I make this proposal very much as a Plan'B' and if others look apon it as 'C' or 'D' Ive no problems with that. I ve put it foreward because there appeared to be nothing else on offer. If others now wish to make new proposals, then great I say.

But as for taking the event to new places, its easy to have a wsh list of the ideal and type it out. But these things rarely happen in a vacuum. Ive suggested a big meet in Derbyshire in the past, as well as a big Bank Hol meet in Portsmouth. But they have not sparked peoples imaginations- so far.

It will be noted that people in the south are trying to 'reach out' to each other. Katie/GIZMOQUEEN has very much been the catalyst for this in the Thames Valley  but also Alex/Dark Castles in the south west. We can hope that in time they identify suitable venues and feel confident enough to run large events.

Equally NEWC awhile back met up with the Leeds crowd. This may well continue and expand to include the likes of Troc and the guys on The Whirral plus Sky High. If it does then they too may be shouting out 'come to our MEGA MEET' in not too long.

But these things cant be wished or typed into happening.

AS for size and scale.  Im not sure yet we have 'cracked' a 2 day event yet.  The weather was cruel in Cardiff in 08. But for some the 2nd day was little more than a photo shoot.  Now ideas of a sports event, a treasure hunt or , if in an area like Portsmouth/Southsea , a 'just chilllin out' day (which is pretty much what happened on the Sunday last year).

Im sorry your not able to offer any help this year and even sadder you dont think you will be able to attend.  but I do hope other ,newer, people will get involved. because I think the base of this sport needs to be much wider and stronger.

SNuD,  hope you got this far :oD.  Re dates, Ive given my preferences and reasons. You and any/every1 else please shout out dates you really cant do and dates you are cool with. Hey there is a chance we might find a date we can all agree on.

Spud , sorry you dont think you will be able to come too.  But I do very much agree that this event is 'for us' and not aa promotional thing. many of us do this in small ways most every week if the weather is good.

But I feel the momentum should not be lost. With clubs expanding and being created and establishing their own forums there has been , I think, alot less 'higher communication'. I think this is the best place for it.  And whilst I want a CB, I dont want people to be too hung up on it.  I really do want to see bigger regional events.

Please do let the discusion continue. But , if by the end of this week, it looks like this London proposal is excepted Ill start a new thread specifically for it.

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2010, 12:55:21 PM »
Only questioning about Cardiff because I thought it was already Half organised for there, my mistake. :P
I'm cool with the smoke!  :Cyes:
Though my only resivation is it's a long way from the rest of the country and in these days of stupid fuel prices it unfortunately becomes a major consideration. (OK for you southerners :Cyes:)LOL
And before some wally says it, "I know you can't move London so its central for everyone"  ;D
However on a possitive note. the weekend of the 21 22 Aug would be great for me cos I could come and I'll  talk some of the other NEWCs and / or Trocs bunch into sharing transport but I can't do the weekend before (14 15) :'(
So the vote from the North East Wales and Chester Jury is London will do, But the weekend of 21 22, Please! :Cbiggrin:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2010, 01:25:37 PM »
Cool, in the number cruncher.   keep an I on railways.  as i mentioned earlier   in the south there was an august w/e offer  of £10 return. it may b repeated and there may be somat similar from your way

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2010, 07:16:27 PM »
£10 return. it may b repeated and there may be somat similar from your way
fingers crossed. If there is then thats the way we will come if there is only a couple of us. £150 in the car but I do have 9 seats so thats doable. All depends on the date.... :P

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010, 07:46:54 PM »
Plymouth would be fantastic, there is a gym big enough for at least 50 odd... the 'Hoe' in Plymouth is fantastic!!! almost 1 mile of just amazing newly paved flat surface on the sea front amazing veiws :) and all flat :P also next to it there is stairs food, shops etc.... in the middle of town there is a 200m by about 80m open area which is amazing for stilting and the council corner of the area for £50 for a day :p could be worth it :D just an idea for the future :D
DC

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2010, 08:45:54 PM »
Bl**dy Hell SNuD £150 and 9 seats what on earth are you driving a Hummer  :Claugh:

Clive and I did Cardif in a diesel Disco and I think it only cost about £60 all in

That sounds good DC maybe for next year if no one wants to do the middle of the country

Q I will do any date in the summer (hopefully) and I like your sugestion of a treasure hunt as London really lends itself to that as there are loads of statues and plaques to find

Maybe we should just call it London Bocking and hace done with the Capital name and just hold it every year so people can know when it is like the 2nd weekend (or whatever) of June

Then other capitals can hold similar events when they want

There will always be a few that can go anywhere in the country for a meet and there will always be people like me that need to be near home so won't venture to the other end of the country (Cardif is about my limit) so if we have more than one major meet a year it will be a good thing

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »
Sounds like a very good idea Q :) But I have never been to a capital bocking, feel a little left out :P
DC

Offline TomH999

• http://leedsbockers.webs.com
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2010, 09:02:36 PM »
if i have the money ill come down :)
I think somewhere like birmingham might be a good place to have a big meet

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2010, 09:03:16 PM »
Don't worry DC I'll hold your hand  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2010, 09:05:51 PM »
Lol, I just always wanted to come to Capital Bocking :P Never been :'(

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »
 :PJR: Same and if there is anythin i can do please let me know :PJL:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2010, 08:35:09 PM »
Can you clean my shoes :P
DC

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »
Bl**dy Hell SNuD £150 and 9 seats what on earth are you driving a Hummer  :Claugh:
Ha! God I couldn't afford one of them! Na just a Defender. 450 mile round trip, 100 lts @ £1.25 = £125 + tole fees @ £10 each way, grand total £145. Ok I over exagerated!  :CGEEK: LOL It's not funny really is it? :Ccry: Still its doable, just if I can fill the motor or if not talk some else into driving!! :Cyes:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2010, 11:51:37 AM »
I know its not the same as a big car but when we last hired a minibus to go to the lincoln gym the fuel costs were £260 and if we didn't have emergency funds available we wouldnt have got home.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »
At last SNuD you have made my day  :Claugh:

A good reason why I own a Disco (other than the price difference) instead of a Defender

2 seats less admitedly but my Diesel can get 30-32 mpg on a steady run

So it would only cost me £82 in Diesel

Still glad you got a Landie though mate

Oh and I just bought another Disco 66000 miles no rust at all (thats the most amazing bit) 13 yrs old and only £2500

Read it and weep  :Claugh:

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2010, 11:07:43 PM »
Only get 30 with runnin light at about 50. Another 20 mph and a few in side an down it goes! Ha!
Not had it a year yet but love it! Even if it is a thursty monster :Cyes:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2010, 08:21:03 PM »
Looks very good mate almost ready for a safari  :Cbiggrin:

My neighbours think I have a screw loose as I now have 2 white 300tdi's almost like a His and Hers  :Claugh:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2010, 04:39:10 PM »
re treasure hunt in London.   for me id be worried about letting juniors off alone in the city.  also 1 needs to know stuff about traffic flows and stuff..... dont want DC running in front of a double decker bus or black cab do we?  tho for the future we can look out at the possibilities just on the south bank

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2010, 12:36:23 AM »
re treasure hunt in London.   letting juniors off alone in the city. 

You could always organise teams on the day. So each team had an Adult to rum in front of the bus first!!! :Claugh:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2010, 08:01:53 AM »
but there is another issue, there are alot of sights to see in LNDN.  But some r not for the faint of heart or tender of years, some of the back streets around Covent Garden and the like...I think you know what Im saying...wouldnt want the likes of DC led astray or shocked to the core. Im certainly not the 1 to be able to work out a course that avoids such zones

But its adapting things like this, nothing original , that can lift meets. Take what 1 has and just add new bits. Last month we could have had easter egg hunts. We have had fancy dress, haloween meets, powerball.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2010, 09:51:53 AM »
Lol Q i lived in london for a few years :P I know the area like the back of my hands :P well used to :D
DC

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2010, 09:34:54 PM »
Right, went on the Internet to book a ticket to... then I realized, where is it? whats going on with it? what time we meeting? etc. Is it possible to get some finalized details, I'm paying £1 for the bus and can't afford to loose it by booking the wrong place :P

so details please :)
thanks
DC

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2010, 11:33:13 AM »
about the treasure hunt idea... why not do the london manopoly thingme??? you could do it in teams or just as a big group =]

i dunno if i will be able to go yet... depends on final dates, costs && whether or not i have any moneys..... 

x CHAZZLE x