Author Topic: halloween ideas  (Read 4376 times)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
halloween ideas
« on: September 04, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »
heya guys 2 months till my fav time of year :D

in my garden i have devised a plan of action im makin a jacobs ladder a smoke tube (smoke machine fitted in a ice box to chill the fog and then fed through a drain pipe wif holes in) a scary ghost made from a white bag a blue light and a cross section of wood wif a fan behind to make it look scary and it will all be decorated with led's and controled by a microchip programmed by thr laptop tht will be hidden in the garage
yes this is very geeky :P its all controled by timers that are set off when u cross a lazer gate at the top of the garden.

even tho with all these ideas i need some basic ideas to make my house look genrally scary at first we thought of just puttin my sister there basicly everyone wud run away XD now i know cob webb looks very good and scary so tht will be all over but what else can i do to make things scary and any ideas will help coz trust me there not much on haloween i wont create XD

oh yes in a garden i have wind issues and the fog just blows away its surounded by bushes but theres still wind do u think bin bags over the buushes coverd in stiker eyes wud block the wind and still give a scary effect?

thanks if anyone does put forward any ideas :D

lots of love aidan XD hehe i love haloween XD

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: halloween ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:11:02 PM »
A jacobs ladder outside in the rain  :Claugh:

Been nice knowing you Aidan and can I have your Bocks  :Claugh:

Seriously though mate not outside even if it's dry I have seen the results of touching a Jacobs ladder and that joke about the smoking boots ain't such a joke  :Cbiggrin:

Go for Fog fluid instead mate just drip it onto a hot surface a barbeque with a tin sheet on it works well if you hang a container with a small hole over it
A gallon will last for ages
And it stays put better and rises slowly rather than ground hogging

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 12:54:10 AM »
1. i have made countless jacobs ladders and teslacoils the jacobs will be in a water tight surounding out of reach of anyone

2. i want grounf hoggin fog im using a fog machine plugged into a ice box thts fan controled through a tube

3. all this is automated and conected to a main fuse if anything goes rong the fuse blows until its fixed :P

i may be vlonde but i have brains XD hehe i did it last year XD

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »
Sounds like you got it covered  :Cbiggrin:

What do you use for the HV power supply I did get a couple of ex tv supplies and all the bits together but ran out of time and enthuziasm so they sit in a draw waiting

Have you got Gageteers Goldmine (book ) some good looking bits in there  :Cbiggrin:

And take some pics so we can see it mate

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 10:07:12 PM »
well u may call us mad but we have managed to "pimp" up a computers powersupply as it produces many diffrent powers so tht will be to control the high voltage it has been tested to ensure the right current and saftey is taken

also when it is all complete i shall take day pictures and pictures of the equipment and setup and at night i will video the effects for all to see :D

and did u mention scary equipment :P hehe wud u be up for selling ur scary equipment for the intrests of science XD

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 08:36:11 PM »
I would love to see a circuit diagram of that  :Claugh: I can see a lot more smoke than you planned for  :Claugh:

Just grab an old broken telly and you can use the ht bit out of it but do be very careful as you are talking about INSTANT DEATH if you touch the thing while it is charged (That includes after it has been turned off for a while)

The same rules apply as taking the back off a telly when it is or has been plugged in (You die  :Cbiggrin:)

Seriously though if you look up a site called Camden minature steam they have a wonderful collection of books about this sort of thing with all the circuits and safety tips

In the mean time be careful  :Cbiggrin:

Offline lynch

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 08:46:08 PM »
IM SOO LUCKY  i got NY on the 16th of oct i can get a brill costum out there

Offline Springer

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 08:54:30 PM »
IM SOO LUCKY  i got NY on the 16th of oct i can get a brill costum out there

Well that's not very creative! :P

I will be featuring as a neon cyber girl, complete with silver tubing and glow sticks :D

Offline lynch

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 08:57:22 PM »
it is the best thing for me as im going in to A2 doing 4 Alevles i dont have the time

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 08:57:48 PM »
a BIG  bucket of water by front door is my idea.   When kids knock un cry  ;trick or treat'   1   crys  'trick'   un pours bucket over them.......or  an option is to add a, generally short lived and normally harmless, skin irritant to the water

Well it makes me  LAFFFFFFF :Cbiggrin:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 10:11:59 PM »
Q u are pure evil :P lol i love it

and jason the "contraptions" we make are tested with high voltage mulitmetres and used outside while we stand well back and tested to push the limits :P were not daft as my mate is a A level electronics engeneer (yes sprog im back with my bad grammer and crap spelling get over it)

and springer ur idea sounds very "diffrent" :P

id love to go to NY tho i fink it wud be a nice gadget shoping spree :P