Author Topic: White Air Need Opening Act For Festival - Could It Be You?  (Read 8525 times)

Offline Underworld

White Air Need Opening Act For Festival - Could It Be You?
« on: September 08, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »
WHITE AIR ‘09 AND MYSPACE JOIN FORCES TO FIND NEW ACT TO OPEN FESTIVAL

NEW AND UNSIGNED ACTS GIVEN CHANCE TO PLAY ALONGSIDE THE LEMONHEADS, DOVES, BIFFY CLYRO, THE CRIBS, WHITE LIES, BRITISH SEA POWER AND MANY MORE

40 EXHILARATING SPORTS, 3 DAYS, 1 IDYLLIC LOCATION
BRIGHTON BEACH
September 18th, 19th, 20th 2009 – Madeira Drive, Brighton
www.whiteair.co.uk

The organisers of White Air have today announced an exclusive partnership with MySpace, that will see the festival  teaming up with the social network to find a new unsigned band or artist to play the opening slot on the festival’s main stage on Saturday September 19th.

Interested bands and acts will be able to enter the competition by registering at the official White Air Myspace profile, which can be found at www.myspace.com/whiteairextremesports, between Tuesday September 8th and Sunday September 13th. The White Air music team will then review all entries, using songs uploaded to MySpace and other material across the entrants’ profiles to pick a winner, drawing on their wealth of festival-booking experience to identify the most talented act possible.

White Air founder, Nigel Howell said: “We are very excited to be working with Myspace for White Air 09. This collaboration enables us to take a look at the wealth of musical talent that is currently out there and offer them the chance to play alongside some musical greats. We are thrilled about the possibility of discovering some new talent! ”

White Air, Europe’s biggest extreme sports and music festival, recently added punk rock legends The Lemonheads to its scorching lineup. Scots Biffy Clyro and local heroes British Sea Power will help them get the party started on Friday, whilst indie heavyweights Doves and industry favourites The Cribs will take to the stage on Saturday night. Many more acts are set to appear over three days from 18th – 20th September on Brighton Beach, including post-punk outfit White Lies, who have this year experienced a meteoric rise to the top.

The weekend will be a veritable feast of festival favourites guaranteed to provide something for everyone, and jam-packed with additional acts including Doll & The Kicks, Flood Of Red and Lyrebirds on Friday, and The Boxer Rebellion, Sky Larkin and Natty on Saturday. Sunday will be taken over by a collection of Brighton’s very own up and coming bands including The Perils, Gloria Cycles and Jumping Ships.

In addition to the stellar music programme, high-octane action will be the order of the day as White Air showcases three days of extreme sports sure to provide non-stop excitement for festival-goers. Offering an eclectic mix of the most exhilarating sports on the planet, alongside some of its most entertaining musicians, everything from windsurfing and mixed martial arts to mountain biking and Parkour will be exhibited to a crowd of 20,000 and set to a soundtrack befitting the stunning setting of Brighton Beach.

Over the weekend, festival-goers will be encouraged to have a go at the sports on offer and can expect displays of audacious skill including; high diving from a 30 metre tower into a 3 metre pool and a “Fire Dive” by “The Human Torch” – a spectacular feat of daring that has to be seen to be believed. Skateboarding fans will also be looking forward to X-Games Am winner Sam Bosworth competing in the Vert event in White Air’s colossal Urban Freesports Park, home of the biggest and best ramps around.

Other adrenaline-fuelled events including skate, BMX, inline, Parkour, mountain bike, mountain board, streetboard, streetdance and graff jams are sure to provide gripping entertainment on land, whilst windsurfing, kite surfing, Thundercats, jet skis, scuba diving will take the thrills and spills to the water.

Global superstars from the spectrum of events will also be in attendance – from five times world champion kite surfer Aaron Hadlow and windsurfing world champion Nik Baker, to high diving Olympian Blake Aldridge and mixed martial arts UFC fighter John “The Hitman” Hathaway.

ENDS

For further information and interview requests please speak to Kate Arrowsmith or Jenny Fairweather at Taylor Herring on 020 8206 5151 kate.arrowsmith@taylorherring.com, jenny.fairweather@taylorherring.com

For accreditation and local press enquiries please contact Rebecca Richardson at South Coast Communications rebecca@sccuk.co.uk

For online enquiries, please contact Matt Park or Lily Fallala at Force 10 on 020 8206 5151
Matt.park@taylorherring.com, lily.fallala@taylorherring.com

NOTES TO EDITORS

THE LINE UP
Friday
Biffy Clyro
White Lies
British Sea Power
The Lemonheads
Doll & The Kicks
Flood Of Red
Lyrebirds
This City

Saturday
Doves
The Cribs
The Boxer Rebellion
Sky Larkin
Natty
White Belt Yellow Tag   
Ben Howard
Special Guests

Sports competitions and displays include:
Red Arrows displays, FMX, Surfing, Kitesurfing, Windsurfing, Slackline, Ropeboarding, Thundercats, Jet Ski, Aquathlon, Triathlon, London to Brighton road race, Sailing, High Diving, Streetboarding, Mini Moto, SUP, Mountain Board, Skateboard, BMX, Mountain Bike, Graffiti Street Wars, Parkour, Powerfan, Bocking, Trials Bike, Wakeboard, Beach Volley Ball, Mixed Martial Arts, Falcons Parachute displays, Streetdance, Scuba Diving, Gliding, Climbing, Assault Course, Zip Wire, Kayak, YoYoing …….. And more!

Further sports and music acts to be announced.

Tickets
Available from White Air www.whiteair.co.uk and Ticketmaster
www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Ticket Prices:
Adult £60 + booking fee
Student/Under 16’s £55 + booking fee
VIP and Family tickets are also available

White Air – History
Founded by World Champion Windsurfer and British Kitesurfing Champion, Nigel Howell, this will be the event’s first year on the beach at Brighton. “After 12 great years, we needed a bigger site which was easy for everyone to reach”, says Nigel Howell. From humble beginnings – 30 windsurfers meeting on a desolate beach to compete against each other - White Air continues to expand and this year introduces more action sports in the water and on land than ever before. As well as music fans and extreme sports enthusiasts, the festival is for families and first timers – 8000 ‘Have a Go’ sports tasters have been tried at White Air. ‘White Air has grown from strength to strength to become a massive multisport event and the biggest of its kind in Europe’- Windsurf Magazine.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: White Air Need Opening Act For Festival - Could It Be You?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 03:39:12 PM »
How many white air threads do we honestly need?

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 04:05:54 PM »
Agreed :D
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 04:24:26 PM »
mmmm   7 id say and 1 of them should be written in mauve upper case comic sans font. But hey thats my own opinion.

But does any1 have a better idea for font/colour combo?  Come on guys we aint hijacked a thread in ages :Cbiggrin:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »
Oh dear here comes Pro-Jump+ V2

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 05:03:27 PM »
Oh dear here comes Pro-Jump+ V2
Damn right! I have read enough about white air....One thread would ahve been enough..A linik to the website and talking about the bockers being there..hey, maybe a promo vid on the end of that but this is getting silly.

Since we are having a hijack I'm gonna have a moan! And half of this wont make any sense to anybody..but hey! Looks like the BGA (British gliding association) are going to be there doing "gliding" I personally don't call sitting in a dead glider on the ground with some screens and a computer wired in gliding..it's a posh flight sim. But anyway! Advertising the sport is important..but..what about us that already do it! If any "modern" (less than 40 years old or something) Gliders dont have all this paperwork done by the end of sept they (at the moment) cant ever fly again. What are the BGA doing...looks like nothing! And they had £125 from me (borrowed from bank of mum) this week...and they will want another £30, then another £10..And what will I get for it? A piece of paper at most!

BGA Rant over! I can hijack better than that!

Sprog!!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 05:08:55 PM »
mmmm   7 id say and 1 of them should be written in mauve upper case comic sans font. But hey thats my own opinion.

But does any1 have a better idea for font/colour combo?  Come on guys we aint hijacked a thread in ages :Cbiggrin:

This time I never started it! Blame Q

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 05:17:24 PM »

Sprog!!
I hate you spud.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 05:21:47 PM »
Oooops...I upset the devil! :P

*digs herself even further*

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 05:30:26 PM »
I'm proper gutted and all that i can't make this, and they keep posting threads about it rubbing it in...humpf...

Also nice one spud :P

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 06:03:32 PM »

Sprog!!
I hate you spud.

But  why,  hair  cut is WAY better than wot u got at mo...indeed since ive known u hehe

ooo Spud,  if a few of us ran around ya c*ckpit, flapping arms, squwaking and generally 'acting the herring gul' would that make thingsmore  realistic?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 07:23:15 PM »
ooo Spud,  if a few of us ran around ya c*ckpit, flapping arms, squwaking and generally 'acting the herring gul' would that make thingsmore  realistic?
No..but I think if I set the camera up it might earn me £200 so please do it anyway! at the very least it will make me laugh :D

Offline lynch

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 07:47:26 PM »
Ticket Prices:
Adult £60 + booking fee
Student/Under 16’s £55 + booking fee
VIP and Family tickets are also available

what a wast of money that could buy me springs

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 07:55:52 PM »
or a helmet :Cswoon: :Cswoon: