Author Topic: competions  (Read 10315 times)

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
competions
« on: February 18, 2007, 03:22:20 PM »
i think there should be a limited amount of photos you can submit to the competions overwise it gets a lil unfair  ;D
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline arthur

Re: competions
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 11:23:51 AM »
hmmmmm..... i see what u meen
but i think people hould be allowed to put as many as they like cause after all it is a competition....so if everyone was only allowed a few pics then if they take an awsome one after a few others then they wont be allowed to put it on.....
it all makes the competition better

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 09:38:57 PM »
true yes.......why does everybody find a flaw in all my ideas!! lol :D
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »
maybe there could be a compromise on future competitions where by we can limit the number of photos added but give the poster the option to delete & add their final choices before the end of the competition.

Dan usually deals with the competitions so I'll run it by him

Your opinions are valued so continue to give them mate!

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 08:46:47 AM »
I dont see why you should limit the quantity of photo's that a person can submit. Everyone gets the same amount of time to enter and if you are entering a photo it means you have the oppotunity to enter more. Entering several photo's doesn't mean you stand more chance of winning as all that is required to win is one entry. Beckys photo from the last comp was an imaginative well thought out photo with great composition. Likewise Jono's video showed that the video as a whole had been considered., the use of effects and music really brought it all together. I dont know if they submitted other entries but they only needed those to win.

People should be more concerned with the quality of their own entries and less concerned by the quantity of others

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 04:08:35 PM »
Good point ET

When are you getting your entries in?

Would love to see them :)

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 04:30:39 PM »
I was going to enter the last comp but when I tried to upload the file size was too large. I had already resized them to enter a competion on another site and basically couldn't be bothered to go through the process all over again. It would be easier to have dimension size to work to rather than file size........