Author Topic: Nitro RC cars :P  (Read 2808 times)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Nitro RC cars :P
« on: September 20, 2009, 11:33:22 PM »
i fort id talk about my new hobbie but i need help :P

ive got a 10th scale thunder tiger EB4 (wich is 4 wheel drive)
but..
its coffing out blue smoke XD which means my engine is too rich it has been been runing rich for a while as it ses it has to be in the book but everytime i try tuning it now it goes either too rich or too lean and it just wont go into perfection

the main reason is becaus eit has a low speed and a high speed adjuster so i think that low speed is for when its acelortating from stop and high speed is when it already going fast so do i lean the low speed or do i lean both of them :P or do i lean the high speed coz it needs more fuel to acelorate im just very confuzeld XD

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline CJ

Re: Nitro RC cars :P
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 11:45:04 PM »
put it on a pair of minature bocks and it will be fine

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 08:07:48 AM »
here here!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 08:21:54 AM »
what's wrong with a little blue smoke? if it's a 2-stroke that's the best thing about the engine  :Claugh:

Offline acroair

• acroair.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 09:48:55 AM »
hi and ye nitro trucks are cool when they are running .

but the low speed screw is for stop to mid
and the high speed is for mid to flat out .

you can lean it up a little but sometimes a bit of smoke is good as shows the engine is getting oil and wont seize.

hope this helps if not just pm me

chris

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 08:33:12 PM »
I normally tune the Helli engines by the sound they make and then back off 1/4 turn on the rich side just to be safe (don't like the rotas to stop suddenly  :Claugh:)

But most of mine are ASP and the carbs are pretty much self adjusting and all I have to worry about is one mixture screw

I did tune a couple of bigger (strimmer size ) motors a while back and the methoud I used was to adjust the low mix screw to as lean as it would go and still pick up then wind it out until it would pick up fast without too much smoke or hunting
Then wind the hig mix in until it starts to mis on full throttle and slowly wind it out until I could get full power an a little bit of smoke then keep an eye on the temprature (don't let it overheat)

As you are gonna have to run it without load while you tune it it migh be worth setting it a bit rich as it will need more when its under load

One last bit of advice have you tried searching the net as I have found lots tuning advice online

Jason  :Hoofies2: :Claugh:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 09:26:40 PM »
hmmm im gonna buy some more fuel have a bash at it that way jason :P

and i cant strap bocks to it :P it wud be funny but i doub the wheel would make a revolution XD

i no it has to be oiled up good but when it choakes on fuel to acelorate and then emptys the tank in like 2 mins means theres summat rong XD hehe

im gonna get some more fuel and lean the slow one out until it runs nicely

and i did loo online but my engine is a 10th scale 20% nito trucker 4 wheeld drive engine u tune a 4wheel and a 2 wheel diffrently 4 wheel needs more power its complicated :P lol my truck has a huuge engine :P

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)