Author Topic: Photography student looking for a meet in glasgow  (Read 6840 times)

Offline carolsailorgirl

Photography student looking for a meet in glasgow
« on: September 22, 2009, 05:15:01 PM »
I am looking for fairly experienced users to photograph in Glasgow. I would like to photograph on location as well as photographing in the studio at some point. If this is at all possible, even just a meet on location, can anyone help me out? I am in the city centre but willing to travel a reasonable distance.
Thanks

Carol

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Photography student looking for a meet in glasgow
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 07:48:18 PM »
There were a couple of people up in Scotland but I can't for the life of me remember who

Anyone else remember

But if your willing to travel either Sky High or the Welsh Bockers would be a good bet as both are full of really experienced Bockers

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline CJ

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 07:52:31 PM »
if you can get down to Birmingham then yhh team skyhigh will be able to sort you out with something let us know

Offline carolsailorgirl

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 09:48:50 PM »
I have some time free at the october break, i could maybe make a trip down. Really interested in this as it sounds like an up and coming sport and I don't want to do anything boring that everyone else will be choosing. I have 3-4 weeks to complete the project. I'd just need to find a cheap B&B any ideas?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:53:08 PM »
Look at travel lodge..Can get cheap rooms if you book in advanced..Worth a look. But you don't get your brekkie included....MaccyD's any one? :D

:spudT:

Offline carolsailorgirl

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 09:53:49 PM »
Are there any meets around 9th-14th october?

Offline CJ

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 09:56:36 PM »
nothing set in stone at the moment i will have a word with a few people and see what we can get sorted, give us a couple of days and will be able to give you a date

Offline carolsailorgirl

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 09:56:56 PM »
If you could tell me an area to look for somewhere to stay, I don't know birmingham very well. It is for a college project 'Sports for all', as long as I can get some model release forms so that they can be shown at any college shows then I am happy to send some prints or let you use any good shots on your website.

Offline carolsailorgirl

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 10:12:20 PM »
Looking for stunt people really as they will look great in photos, outdoors is fine but if there is somewhere indoors where i could set up a couple of flashes that would be pretty interesting too. i can use with high speed film too so that is not really such a problem. If anyone can get back to me please email me directly carolannpeac*ck@yahoo.co.uk