Author Topic: Bocking Calender  (Read 7069 times)

Offline CJ

Bocking Calender
« on: October 01, 2009, 11:39:44 PM »
with  lot of people now posting some quality pics is it maybee time for a bocking calander??

come on naz call for the pics make it happen

people what you think??

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: Bocking Calender
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 12:10:28 AM »
what, not topless surly  :Claugh:
but nah i think its a great idea

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 12:58:03 AM »
Q has mentioned this calendar quite a lot and I've just not had the chance to do it. There is quality pics about but I think clubs would probably want to do something per club basis rather than have something PJ branded (Sad but true I think!)

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 07:57:44 AM »
I think a Pro-Jump branded calendar would be a good idea, maybe get shots of Pro-Jump 101 and other bockers using Pro-Jump's.
Perhaps bundle it with stilts or sell it for a few quid!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 09:02:04 AM »

Perhaps bundle it with stilts or sell it for a few quid!
im with biohazard, and i would be honoured if you chose one of my pics for a pro jump calendar

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 03:25:48 PM »
This could be a great way to make money for charity. =)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 03:32:45 PM »
i think this is a great idea && had it a moment ago... them saw the topic && thought damn someong beat me to it xD lol

but anyway i fink naz is right tho that maybe group ones wud be more likely and then they can be sold to make money for the individual groups or a charity or both xD

a projump on wud however be very cool =] great way of advertising if you could get sumwhere to buy them && sell them on... like an extreme sports calender thingime =]

x CHAZZLE x

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 05:14:47 PM »
It's a good idea, but it'll need some decent, high-resolution images to work. Pretty much anything below about 2000x3000 will look a bit rubbish when printed out A4 size or larger.

I'm willing to offer any of my pics in if required (And the people in them agree to their usage), they're not brilliant but I like them :Claugh:

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 05:23:52 PM »
What about some of Q's pics at their original SLR quality.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 05:24:12 PM »
We did this last year and as nice as it was I dont know where my calendar is or remembering using it.

It's novelty really and I cant see many people actually forking out money for them, even people within your group really.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
Have we got more than 12 groups

If not a group a month would be nice just all get a group pic (Might be a little hard with the Banned  :Claugh:especialy the Venusian members  :Claugh:)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 09:05:27 PM »
That is a good idea actually, though then I would end up in 2/3 group pics as I am in the Banned Bockers, Surrey Springers(and JJ's if i can make it).